Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gangster zone balance?

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    More complaining ugh.. will it ever stop
    you're complaining about complains
    Just being me.

Gz is currently my favorite (released) base, mainly for its size.

And technically, it does have two pathways to get to the chest, but I don't think that's what you mean.

I think you're talking about the "choke" area-- or the area that defenders are usually huddled around.
    Defending these points are crucial to defending, because usually when you lose them, you lose the base.
    Most of iEra's bases have two of these "choke" areas, and Gz's only has one.

And while it does only have one choke point, it must be noted that there is more dodging space in this one choke point than most bases have in two.
    I'd rather have one area with more dodging space, than two areas that are narrow and spam-friendly.

It's really depending on your preference-- some people enjoy spam-friendly areas.
    While people like myself prefer being able to dodge and put skill into practice.

Another difference with Gz to love or hate comes with what happens once the base is taken over.
    Traditionally, on iEra bases, the whole base explodes when somebody captures the chest; resulting in killing everybody in the base except for those who captured it.
    I've theorized that this was created to temporarily lower the population in the base, and give the new defending gang a chance to breathe.

Gz base takes a different approach, though:
    In Gz base, the only room that "blows up" is the capture level.
    Instead of ridding the Defending gang of all competition, Gz gives them an alternative entrance as a reward for capturing.

And while the alternative entrance seems unfair(It cuts the commute in half, and no door breaking necessary),
    I personally prefer it over being randomly blown up for no apparent reason.

What Meph says is entirely true.
    Gz is a unique base and is perfect for those who base there. Some people enjoy spamming lethal while others enjoy the tactics of gz. Last time they changed gz it was ruined. There is a certain magic about the way gangs can have long drawn out battles to control it with it not being clear who is going to win, it is the only base that I have experienced battles that are hours long but just as enjoyable at the end as they were at the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Greg View Post
    What Meph says is entirely true.
    Gz is a unique base and is perfect for those who base there. Some people enjoy spamming lethal while others enjoy the tactics of gz. Last time they changed gz it was ruined. There is a certain magic about the way gangs can have long drawn out battles to control it with it not being clear who is going to win, it is the only base that I have experienced battles that are hours long but just as enjoyable at the end as they were at the beginning.
    yea tactics like filling the whole base with members. legit m8

idk what this is
    Gz was fine until this one came out.
    I just miss the gz where there was 2 staircases leading to the entrance of the vault room.

Maybe you're used to rush the flag with melee like in every other base, well gz it's completely different like meph said, it requires far more skill, due to the space you will be tested in your dodging, you vs 1 or more player(s) and like the leader of GPN said in Gz the gang wars are awesome and I agree it's just lovely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus View Post
    It's bs they give anything useful to spar players who won't even use them outside of a room. Watch them give the pkers a gun that sucks total crap.

http://giphy.com/gifs/party-people-friend-TO200GkRbqqXe

Big Cheese
    the only thing i dont like about gz is the fact that u can use a lag switch and still go through doors.

i have tried this once for fun; i went to the place in my apartment with the crappiest reception, and i was able to get through all the doors except for the doors that separate what meph called the chest from the flag room, and that was only because u need to have them broken down before you can go through them.

Quote Originally Posted by #14 AJ View Post
    the only thing i dont like about gz is the fact that u can use a lag switch and still go through doors.

i have tried this once for fun; i went to the place in my apartment with the crappiest reception, and i was able to get through all the doors except for the doors that separate what meph called the chest from the flag room, and that was only because u need to have them broken down before you can go through them.

true, and lag switch it's easy to kill if the player is not skill enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus View Post
    It's bs they give anything useful to spar players who won't even use them outside of a room. Watch them give the pkers a gun that sucks total crap.

http://giphy.com/gifs/party-people-friend-TO200GkRbqqXe

Quote Originally Posted by PublicSchool View Post
    Maybe you're used to rush the flag with melee like in every other base, well gz it's completely different like meph said, it requires far more skill, due to the space you will be tested in your dodging, you vs 1 or more player(s) and like the leader of GPN said in Gz the gang wars are awesome and I agree it's just lovely.
    As I said in the "wtf is this?"thread,I care about killing players with my melee,not rushing to the flag win it.In GZ it seems impossible to do if you are alone because of the base's layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenan View Post
    As I said in the "wtf is this?"thread,I care about killing players with my melee,not rushing to the flag win it.In GZ it seems impossible to do if you are alone because of the base's layout.
    go play classic then?

Check out Warfare 2D on the AppStore
    http://warfare2d.com