Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Arcade Price Changes

Post Arcade Price Changes

So lately I've been spectating the Arcade and how everything works and found out that prices are very cheap and require the least amount of effort to earn a new Gas Mask/Gun compared to digging shells, events, etc.. I've found that a lot of people already have most of the items sold and even have a significant amount of extra tickets saved. The other day someone PM'd me and said he has over 50k tickets saved up already and for me to release a new gun.. And I thought well the O.P.R. is a very good gun and already 30% of active players own it.. So then I investigated some more by playing the actual arcade games and obviously found that Flappy Snk was the best way to earn tickets in the fastest amount of time, also the cheapest. I spent less than 30 coins on Flappy Snk and made my way up to 1k Arcade Tickets within just 20 minutes. This surprised me because not only am I doing it super fast, I'm also saving a lot of money, I spent only 300+ gralats on those 20+ whatever coins I spent. Then I realized O.P.R. is very similar to Cripple Cannon, a 75 EC item that takes an average player 3+ months to achieve versus the few days I spent at the Arcade playing Flappy Snk.. Another thing I've noticed is that Gas Masks are becoming very cheap with the Arcade. Gas Masks at the arcade go for around 1k tickets which is only around 300 gralats out of your pocket.. So here's the rule of thumb I came up with to show staff members and players:

Some things to keep in mind:
    - 30-40 coins = 1k tickets (Usually 30 or less)
    - 1k tickets = 300+ Gralats
    - 20 minutes of flappy snk can achieve 1k tickets
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Price Rule:
    - 1k Gralats = 2k Tickets
    - Very time consuming so prices are cut significantly^
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    PRICES ON DIFFERENT THINGS:

Toys/Furniture all up to Alpho (not a big deal)

Hats: Average price for a hat in shop = 1k
    Hats: Average price for a hat in arcade = 800-2k (Depends GFX) (Up to Alpho)

Gas Masks: Average price for a gas mask in shop = 8k
    Gas Masks: Average price for a gas mask in arcade = 10-16k (Depends on GFX) (Up to Alpho)

Melees/Trashpicks: Depends on stats (Up to Alpho)

Guns: Depending on gun stats put in place will determine gralat price which will then determine ticket price. A gun costing 10k gralats in shop will equal to 20k tickets.

Example: Tec9 = 40k so would be 80k tickets in arcade

If you took the time to read this whole thing I hope you understand why the changes were made and why a lot of people were taking the easy way out to earn pretty cool items. Changes were made today (November 4, 2014), people who already owned the items that got price changes will be able to keep their items so don't worry. Just from now on the Arcade will have a more efficient outlook on the things we release.
    no sleep

I'm glad someone noticed that there is 2 cheap versions of the cripple cannon in the arcade.

While you guys get 1k tickets easily I struggle to get past 20 in flappy Snk...

The struggle for me is real ;-;
    Have a question? PM me!

My Favorite Dragon:

Click them and give them views!!

This is honestly not surprising. Probably going to be a major turnoff from the arcade in my opinion because players are going to be spending more money. I'm not mad because I was not going for an item from the arcade, but changes like this are hard on other players who are so close only to be pushed further away from their goal. This is why someone suggested guns and their prices be right the first time, if we knew it was going to be 50k from the start only about a couple of players would have it leaving the balance good, now that you have let it gone off too far it's going to be hard on other players who already had it as their goal. Also the average player playing Flappy Snk gets at least 20 or more tickets at best when doing good.

Expect to see suggestions overflowing with either making coins cost less or make the prices lower.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
    -Jimmy Dean

I honestly like the change adds the the rarity of the items. It will suck to grind because I have 300ish tickets at the moment though lol.

Insted of changing the prices why don't you make the games harder?

Big Cheese

Thumbs up Bring back the old arcade prices what the helllllll

seriously?!!!!!?????!!!!??????? 8k tickets for a gas mask just because rec thinks that's how it should be?!!!?? that's very bad! i agree with the prices for the guns, but it's so unfair with the hats!!!

I agree with AJ. If I come back to Graal with these price changes I'd be pretty upset Change the prices back.

and I just started to get tickets for the items

My luck sucks.

Was 50 tickets away from gas mask

Rec changes it during school and comes back and finds it 8k

(Image uploaded isn't working so I had to make the meme without words)
    Have a question? PM me!

My Favorite Dragon:

Click them and give them views!!