Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: You were right BitzSam....

OreOs
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearpig View Post
    yeah, dont forget you used to spam BAR alot and when you raged, you take out your flamethrower lol
    Nah why would I rage over a spar usually my opponents do so when they loose and call me a "hacker" or more nasty names..? I hardly even use flamethrower, IMO it is bad of a weapon for sparring but that's just my opinion. I use BAR for events such as LMS, Spar Tourney or TTS cause that's what others use. Oh and I got my BAR for free as well.

I think I've told you guys the story of how I beat a raging BAR spammer with 2 UZIs 4 times in a row.

If not, request it and I'll post it. It's actually quite hilarious.

Sent from my Event using Forum Fiend v1.2.11.

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

Quote Originally Posted by Vacci View Post
    About sparring:
    It might help to make the default arena bigger. Somewhere between the current size and the large size because there's going to be the mobile players that will complain about "the arena is too big now, I can't see the whole thing." With a bigger arena it would be harder to get trapped by such spam and allows for more dodging, the core of Era's gameplay.
    This.

Larger arenas are the bane of a spammer's existence.
    With a larger arena, somebody who knows how to dodge can beat the piss out of spammers.

Fight a spammer inside a "regular" iPod-sized arena,
    then fight the same person inside the large beach-themed arena of the spar complex.

You'll find that the person doesn't have nearly as much success inside the larger arena.
    That's why the majority of this generation avoids larger arenas.

Another thing that would help counter the increasing fire rate is to increase the walk speed a little bit.
    Higher walk speed = ability to maneuver tighter bullet gaps.

I've thought about making a small "lightweight" pistol that, when equipped, gives the user slightly faster walk speed,
    at the expense of fire rate, freeze, or damage.
    "The dodger's best friend"

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    I've thought about making a small "lightweight" pistol that, when equipped, gives the user slightly faster walk speed,
    at the expense of fire rate, freeze, or damage.
    "The dodger's best friend"
    Rec and I have asked heaps of times for a universally increased run speed and hp increase but apparently doing that would cause some kind of lag issue or something I think stefan told us.
    As far as a gun with increased run speed, the only script that could work is the script I managed to get working to slow down the minigun, but use it to increase the speed every time you shoot temporarily. It could probably be tweaked to keep it on whenever you equip it but it needs to have a timer and when switching to other guns whilst the speed increases is added pretty much screws up the guns so I don't how possible that would be

Communications Support xcloudx97's Avatar
    I think the size of the arena and the removal of hit timer hurt the way of sparring a lot,
    Everyone's just spamming to win and it isn't really exciting to watch as spar matches in the past.(M4 times)

Drop me a message if you have any queries.
    Please be specific,i won't bite.

Support center:support.toonslab.com
    New to the forums? Here's a guide!:http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...for-newcomers!

Street Boss
    Sharing your opinion with other players isn't something bad ,
    I agree for some points you said and some that others said( as the arena size , the laggers, etc....) but some stuff can't be changed or modified about guns used c: ( like i know)
    Newspaper Team Staff and Gani Artist.
    iEra translator to Arabic.
    Former Zone Patrol Captain.
    IGN : Michel.
    If you have any question just ask!

Nothing wrong with the "new sparring" in my opinion. The new sparring seriously boosts your skills, is alot more competitive and alot more intense! I love it actually. Being a player ever since 2011 I can sympathise with your opinion and I fully understand why you would say that. I always feel nostalgic when i'm being challenged to a m4 vs m4 battle and I do ponder to myself at times how the hell has era changed so much in such a short period of time but think carefully, pking is not that far off from sparring, all the guns used to pk with will be found inside a spar too. The same sort of skill is needed in both scenarios whether pking/sparring. Sparrers who pk as well will understand what i'm saying. If the new spar were to be changed I think the best thing to do is to set up an automatic ping kicker for the spar ring (for example: kicking someone for having a ridiculously high ping) and to ban certain guns from spar for being too OP *cough* flame *cough* chemical gun.
    :}
    Need help? Pm me here on the forums or in-game.

Banned
    I have never seen anybody using chemical gun in spar before.
    But your "idea" is already made in Era PC whereby anybody who lags a lot will not join the spar queue until they fix/relog/get better reception.

Handgun Dual

Quote Originally Posted by iT'sJake! View Post
    The fact that there is now a large range of guns to choose, everyone can use their own, unique gun.
    Sadly, this is false. People do not use a wide variety of guns. Just because there are many to choose from, does not mean everyone uses different guns. Go to a spar arena, there are about 3 guns that people use. Bar, m4,gm4.

Having stronger guns reduces the variety because everyone wants to use the best gun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing a lot of people forget is that strong guns aren't the only guns that can spam. I use the cripple cannon for spar, and I spam the living hell out of it. That's because it deals 5 damage and is the only way I can use it. I remember when people complained about uzi's being OP because they are so spammable.

Yes, uzi's can be spammed.

Spamming is not what makes a gun powerful, it's the use of high DAMAGE PER SECOND which makes guns op.

Which brings me to my next point~
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why are the bar and gm4 'over powered'?

It's a ratio. Damage per second and maneuverability.

Uzi is maneuverable, but can't deal a lot of damage. So it gets rushed and destroyed.

Pbp shotgun has immense damage, but it's too immobile. It can't hit anything and gets shrekt in spar.

Others complain "oh the bar deals 10 damage, therefore op". What about the luger or sawed ak?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe people need to research what gun to use more instead of just going with the whatever has the biggest price tag. My best spar gun is ion carbine, because I don't like the accuracy of gm4 or freeze/reload of bar.

Everyone needs to find their own gun. That's why there isn't variety.

Any gun can be beat with practice