Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: New Base: Neo Zone

New Base: Neo Zone

Hello,
    I'm trying to gather as much feedback on this base as possible before it gets released,
    so I've been doing some hard core live beta testing with several different gangs.

I've personally played it myself, and spectated others playing it; taking notes along the way on things
    that I feel could be improved on. I've also been taking note of PMs that I've received from player perspectives as well.

If you've participated in any of the beta testing over the past week, first off- thank you for participating.
    Your participation gives us a chance to see the new base come together in a live scenario before it's released.

This process gives us the opportunity to see the base in action, and make any changes necessary to enhance the experience
    on everything from the base design, to the new capture system, to the unique features of this base (such as gmap, disabled healing, and grenade timer).

As a result of this beta testing, we'll have a more polished base upon release.

Secondly, I'd like anybody who has beta tested it to feel free to give any feedback here on the forums, preferably in this thread.
    Any bugs you may have noticed, any thing you think could be improved on, or if you just want to express satisfaction, please do so here.

"When will it be released?"
    It'll be released once it is polished.
    Now that the bulk of the work is completed, the process goes as follows:
    BETA TEST > FIX STUFF > BETA TEST > FIX STUFF > BETA TEST > FIX STUFF...

The cycle repeats until there is nothing more to fix.
    Then it'll be released.

"Where will it be located?
    Southridge.
    To the left of the Zoo, and right above Aim Point.

Enjoy.
    -Meph

NEO ZONE: DESCRIPTION

[BASE LAYOUT]
    The first thing you'll notice about the interior layout is that it's a GMAP.
    This means that multiple levels are connected to one-another, and navigating between them is seamless.
    Alltogether, the base GMAP is 3 levels wide, by 2 levels high, for a total of 5 connected levels.
    If you include the elevator, that puts the number of levels inside this base at 6.

That being said, there's noticably more room to move around in this base.
    My goal was to give plenty of room to dodge bullets, and put lower the effectiveness of mindless spamming.
    At the same time, though, there are obstacles throughout the base to allow gangs to take a strategic approach in both raiding and defending.
    There are three entrances to this base. A front entrance, a garage entrance, and an elevator entrance on the roof.

[CAPTURING]

Capturing will be done a little different in this base than in the other bases.

Instead of a melee chest, there's a flag with a circle around it.
    You'll notice, over top of the flag, there is text done in this format: "Gang 20/20"
    This text represents the current status of the base.
    "Gang" is the gang that is currently controlling it, and "20/20" represents the health of the base.
    The first digit is the current health, and the second is the MAX health.

To capture the base, you must stand within the circle until the health goes down to 0/20.
    The key to capture/defending is being in the capture zone unopposed (Nobody but your gang).
    For an individual raiding, it goes down by 1 health per second.
    For each additional gang member within the circle, the rate increases by 11% of the current health.
    This percent increase also applies to the Defending gang, when they're healing the flag back up to 20.

Let it be noted though, that the rate increments stop after the 6th member is within the capture zone.
    This is to prevent gangs with 20+ people from capturing the base in 2 seconds.

And while multiple gangs are within the circle, the timer starts to count down.
    Once it reaches 5/20, it freezes until there is only 1 gang remaining.
    That way, once the others are cleared out, the winning gang can capture within 5 seconds.

If the capture point gets below 5/20, and another gang(including allies) comes within the circle, the timer will start to count back up to 5.
    Once again, after other gangs have been killed or chased off, time will be resume in favor of the winning gang.

In the same scenario, if Defenders are the ones who win, it'll start to count back up to 20 once they're the only gang in the capture area.
    Again, the rate of heal will depend on how many members are inside the capture zone.

[OTHER FEATURES OF NEOZONE]

Healing:
    All healing food, and the healing properties on all weapons been disabled in this base.
    If you need to heal, use one of the beds or medkits provided.

Grenades:
    In this base, there is a 15 second timer between using all grenades, gas, or explosives.
    Meaning, if you throw 1 Nitro Grenade, you must wait 15 seconds to before you can throw another.

"Base Blow-Up":
    Upon capture, there's an area surrounding the capture point that will be blown up.
    Meaning, everybody(including allies) that is within this area that is NOT part of the capturing gang will be killed and sent to the respawn point.

Respawn:
    Upon dying in the base, you'll respawn in front of AimPoint, which is about 10 seconds from any NZ base entrance.

Sounds very Unique :0 unlike many other bases. Wouldn't mind trying it out. Awesome Meph

- - - Updated - - -

How often would medikits replace though
    My name is Tyler

2015 & 2020 Player Relations
    2014 Forum Mod

Big Cheese
    Tested it out, it's awesome !!! Can't wait!

Meph, I love this base, the only problem with it is the flag is all the way on the left. people can spam it and block the door from 2 points. you should place it in the center of the level where they can have 3-5 points to enter and it would be easy to attack and hard to defend.

- - - Updated - - -

Make it like a war zone also where gas gun, snipers, have a chance to be used to shoot over wall

Player Relations Toshihiro Kijima's Avatar
    OMG finally, this flag system is like an Era PC, but still there's an oroginality of it, like only 6 members can capture the flag and at 5/20, 1 member.

Also make it if you heal, you have to wait 7 seconds to run fast again

and do we have to buy the medkits by our selves? I'm poor you know. but since I can dodge in this base more than the other base, let's use this idea and being hit more less.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by John98 View Post
    Also make it if you heal, you have to wait 7 seconds to run fast again
    No, that's annoying.

Big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshihiro Kijima View Post
    and do we have to buy the medkits by our selves? :/ I'm poor you know. but since I can dodge in this base more than the other base, let's use this idea and being hit more less.
    They will be re-spawn able I'm guessing, probably on a table and will take a bit for the med kit to re-spawn.

ah cool, so it's like an Era PC, some bases on Era PC is stocking Medkits on the tables heals 10 hp each

- - - Updated - - -

this improvements is awesome. I'd like to see the Era iPhone future with more awesome improvements.

Can't wait to take it over!

Sent from my Event using Forum Fiend v1.2.11.

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -