Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Capture The Flag Scoreboard

Capture The Flag Scoreboard

Hey Eranians *DaScientist here. Today I want to address my idea to improve CTF. After playing CTF for quite a while, I've come across many uncooperative players. Some of them are just camping around the flag and not helping the team at all. Others are trolling such as blocking their own teammates from entering rooms. This is really unfair for those who are trying to help the team win. So, I've come up with this idea of adding a scoreboard. Maybe the top 3 players on the winning team with the most points get full EC, while the rest get an EC piece as usual. There are some ways which they can earn points. For example, you can earn your points by capturing the flag(You have to score), killing players etc..

*Make the points for killing each players more than capturing the flag so that it can minimize the number of unhelpful players camping.
    I fight for equality. I fight for justice. I fight for the right thing.
    I fight therefore I am.

Actually for once I agree with you lol xD
    Live your life, enjoy it while it lasts. Don't give it up when you are down, you are a light like the stars in a sky.

Quote Originally Posted by *DaScientist View Post
    Hey Eranians *DaScientist here. Today I want to address my idea to improve CTF. After playing CTF for quite a while, I've come across many uncooperative players. Some of them are just camping around the flag and not helping the team at all. Others are trolling such as blocking their own teammates from entering rooms. This is really unfair for those who are trying to help the team win. So, I've come up with this idea of adding a scoreboard. Maybe the top 3 players on the winning team with the most points get full EC, while the rest get an EC piece as usual. There are some ways which they can earn points. For example, you can earn your points by capturing the flag(You have to score), killing players etc..

*Make the points for killing each players more than capturing the flag so that it can minimize the number of unhelpful players camping.
    Not a bad idea... But if Everyone wants the ec, then let's say for example one of your teammates has the flag, you wouldn't want to help them if scoring would give him/her a better chance of getting the ec.

Quote Originally Posted by Collin Rosato Magus View Post
    Not a bad idea... But if Everyone wants the ec, then let's say for example one of your teammates has the flag, you wouldn't want to help them if scoring would give him/her a better chance of getting the ec.
    At least it might reduce camping^_^
    I fight therefore I am.

i suck at events anyway :/ but VERY well thought out

Banned
    This does not support team work, as players will all go for the flag for more points.

Quote Originally Posted by failure View Post
    This does not support team work, as players will all go for the flag for more points.
    As I've mentioned, make the points for killing each player much more than capturing the flag. Therefore, it would be useless if they only capture the flag or camp but not helping the team to kill the enemies. It might also be more rewarding for those who cooperate.
    I fight therefore I am.

On the last times everyone wants to be a her0 and get the flag and nobody even cares of defending thinking the flag will defend itself so I had to quit attacking and working on a defense now..
    Yogy Nelo (Navy)

Navy Founder, Graphics Artist, That One Guy With 3 Lightsabers, 2011-2016

Hmm this is good, but you said "Make the points for killing each players more than capturing the flag so that it can minimize the number of unhelpful players camping" If you think about it it just going to be everyone killing everyone and not many people are going to go to get the flag? so i say it sounds good but your methods to improve are not as great.

Delteria Gani Admin
    Zone Gani Team
    KIk:NaletGraal
    Facebook:NaletGraal
    Youtube:Coming Soon

How will points work?