Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ol'West if finally here!

its neat, i think ima stick to era though
    Questions? Don't be afraid to message me.

Street Boss
    I love it!
    I tried it and i felt it is really awesome!!!
    I recommend all of you to try it out!
    Newspaper Team Staff and Gani Artist.
    iEra translator to Arabic.
    Former Zone Patrol Captain.
    IGN : Michel.
    If you have any question just ask!

Communications Support xcloudx97's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacci View Post
    The npcs have so much spread on their guns....
    It's more like their bullets are homing.

Still,
    The game is pretty neat!
    Just that the leveling and NPCs can be worked on.
    Having a faction system can really make this game stand out compared to other graal servers

Drop me a message if you have any queries.
    Please be specific,i won't bite.

Support center:support.toonslab.com
    New to the forums? Here's a guide!:http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...for-newcomers!

The bandits, like jake said are not suppose to be a OP spamming monster, i couldn't even get close to one.
    I CONSIDER MYSELF A VERY CREATIVE PERSON

Feels very cheap. No other way to describe it really... just cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Vacci View Post
    The npcs have so much spread on their guns....

It's cool that you can mine n stuff in a base to make money while basing

Lol'd at random tent placement
    Attachment 15230
    Jeeze that lag lol.

Honestly after playing it for a little longer, its not my cup of tea. It has huge potential but for now era is still my go to.
    Gettin booty across the 7 seas

Help meh dragons plox

The good:

1) Guns are balanced
    It's early on in development, and the guns are being statted more towards skill-based play.

For every perk a gun has, there is a vulnerability to counter it.
    If they continue balancing weapons this way as they grow, they won't ever experience the gun issues Era has.

I wish I would have come to iEra this early on, so we could have been the same way.

2) Familiar gameplay
    For people who already enjoy the gameplay that iEra offers, Ol West will be very comforting.
    It's got the exact same basing system, and they've even revamped a couple of old Era base designs with OW's tileset.

Additionally, the jobs are numerous, and the guns are affordable (and competitive).

The Bad:

1) Walk Speed
    The worst thing about this server is the walk speed.
    It's set to the default walk speed (0.60), and there is currently no way to get a "speed boost", as Era has.

This slow walk speed prevents people from dodging bullets or doing any advanced tactical maneuvers in a fight.
    So it kinda trumps the fact that guns are balanced, because the only stat that really shines at this speed is fire rate and damage.

The guns that forfeit fire rate in exchange for lower freeze don't really get to shine if your dodging ability is being restrained by slow movement.

2) Baddies
    The baddies(Bandits and Indian NPCs) have several advantages over players, and it's leading to tons of frustration:
    • They can shoot in diagonals.
    • They sometimes move faster than players.
    • Their guns have no freeze upon firing a bullet
    • Their guns have a higher fire rate than any gun available to players.
    • They don't get slowed down when they go through mud, but players do.

3) Chair backs are blocking..?
    For some reason, there are chairs in some bases that have the "back" part of the chair as blocking (refer to picture)
    And the blocking positions are an entire tile wide; which is just enough to block you, but not enough to take cover from a bullet.

I found this very annoying while trying to base.
    As I was trying to dodge bullets in an already narrow hallway, I kept running into chairs.
    Coupled with the slow walkspeed, this added insult to injury to the PKing experience.

Whoever thought this would be a good idea clearly didn't think of the PKers.

Aside from that, it's a pretty solid server.
    I believe they'll add a speed boost in the near future, and I'm pretty sure they'll take care of the OP baddies situation.

With those adjustments made, this place will have potential.
    Last edited by Meph; 11-15-2014 at 08:48 PM.

When I look at ol'west I just see era, which is what its supposed to be I guess so thats good? In my eyes there are limitations to Ol'West as its a total re-skin of Era, the game play is familiar but after 5 minutes of playing the game it just felt like I was collecting mushrooms so that i could get an overpriced gun. The baddies definitively need to be balanced so maybe the beta testers should of reported that, the controls sometimes go invisible and it isn't just me. It isnt that unique when you look at it, its basically a server that revolves around basing. Maybe the whole situation was rushed for the purpose of money but I guess that isn't for me to decide, It could of done with a bit more work overall.
    Check Out My Levels: http://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30618

You could be over stretching your company. Three was enough. It's like the mistake World of Tanks or War Thunder made, they both over extended their work and now they both have games no one likes/plays. Let's hope this is a different story.