Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: General Forum guide/walkthrough for newcomers!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Communications Support xcloudx97's Avatar

General Forum guide/walkthrough for newcomers!

Welcome to Era-go!

This guide will be focused on helping newcomers that are interested in our forums and helping them understand how it works.
    I'd recommend you to read this to kick-start your journey into our welcoming community!

Introduction
    First of all if you're here for the Free Event Coin,You must have the same email in game and when registering your forum account here.
    To obtain the EC in game you must post in this section,Era Community > Hellos and Goodbyes> Post a New Thread !

After doing this you can grab Ace's Npc and you should receive the ec!
    pictures for references vv
    post new thread.jpg type on.jpg sumbit new thread.PNG

Alright for those who has no clue how to start but is interested in joining our community,Let us begin.
    There are 5 major Categories for the forums,and they are "Unstick me" , "Era Community" , "Creative Corner" , "Off-Topic Forums" & last but not least "Forum Administration"
    & within the categories there are sub-forums.

FAQs:

What are sub-forums?
    Well,Sub-forums are the parts of a forum itself,each sub-forum focuses on a certain subject.This makes the forum topics more organized!

What are Sticky threads?
    a thread is stickied so that it stays at the top, regardless of how many people look at it. It's generally done to rules and posts that are particularly useful to the topic of discussion

What are announcements?
    Announcements are messages posted by the administrator or moderators. They are a simple one-way communication with the users that you cannot reply to.
    They are usually covered with red at the top of a sub-forum. an example ->announcements,Sticky.PNG

What is a Forum Moderator/Communications Support admin/Forum admin(Era communications admin)/Webmaster?(by order)
    Forum Moderator-A forum moderator is an individual who oversees all of the communication activity of our Era-Go forum,move/close threads to keep things orderly in the forums

Communications Support-A "senior forum moderator",monitoring/moderating the forums and the mod team and assisting players at the support website/email

Communications admin-The administrator of the communications team.Receives reports from the communications support team

Webmaster
    -the person who maintains a particular website as a whole.(in this case Era-go)

The usernames of the forum staffs are usually colored.
    Forum Moderators(green)
    Communications Support admin(purple)
    Era communications admin/webmaster(red)
    Sub-forums

Unstick me Section.jpgEra community section.jpgCreative corner.jpgOff-topic.jpgForum Administration.jpg
    Unstick me
    • The "News and Update" section gives the latest and current events happening in Era, check it out a it'll keep you up to date!
      it is the place where you can look out for various of staffing opportunities announcements, competitions and latest news and update.

• The "FAQs and Guide" section provides Frequently Asked Questions and Guides of different topics like,How to do graphics,How to start a job etc.
      Achievements,Guns,Gani,Event guides and Plenty more!

• The "Letter to the Staff" section is where you face an issue that you want to complain about regarding things like,Account Issues,Game Issues,Bug & glitches,Or Complaints of Players/Staffs etc. and this section can only be viewed by Admins.
      Remember to always include your Graal ID when you post on this section.

• The "Police Station" section - Era Rules and Regulations ,Forum Rules and Jailing Rules can be all found here for references.

Era community
    • "Era"- General Era Discussions are usually posted here.
    • "Ask a PR" - When you have general questions that you'd like to be addressed by a staff member,ask at this section!Once answered,thread will be closed and archived if others would like to review.
    • "Ask a Weapons Expert"-Any questions regarding weapons?Or can't decide between weapons?Looking for specific stats of guns?Or just looking for a few tips and advices?This is the section for you!
    • "Birthday Wishes"-Where you say your wishes to the birthday boys and girls!
    • "Future Improvements" - Have an idea that you'd like to see being implemented in era?Share it with the community!
    • "Hellos and Goodbyes" - The section where most people post to get ec,Say their farewells & Just greeting on another with a simple hello!
    • "Trade Center"-The place where you can discuss about trading as a subject,looking for potential traders or specific items!

Creative Corner
    • "Visionary"-This new section consists of contests(made by anyone), templates to guide you & a
      commentary center(where you can give constructive criticism to each other's work!).
    • "Graphic Design"-Share,Discuss and Create Graphics!
    • "Gani Design"-Posts that are gani related can be found here!
    • "Level Design"-Do you like to Visualize and be a master architect?Then leveling is for you!
    • "NPC Scripting" -Anything Scripting related!
    • "Sound Effects"-Sounds/Music made are shared here!

• Off-topic forums
    • "Off-Topic Chat" - anything that's not era-related can be discussed here
    • "Entertainment" - Where Forum users hangout for fun,and have a great time playing games etc!
    • "Gaming"-Any Gaming-related discussions
    • "Forum FAQ & Guides"-Where you can learn about guides on how era-go works.
    • "Improvement Ideas"-Further improvements you'd like to suggest for Era-go

Profiles(DONE BY XSTARX)

Player Profile- To view your profile, click/tap on your nickname in the very top part of the site. You will then see 5 boxes on the right which are My Activity, Visitor Message, About Me, Friends, Experience.

My Activity: This function will show you what activities you’ve done on Era-Go so far. But they will only show what have you and other members has posted on in different threads.

Visitor Message: This function allows you to see visitor messages on your wall. Most likely it’s similar to the PM system but it will be publicly shown to anyone who checks into your profile. ALL visitor messages will be noticeable by anyone, the only good feature it has is a more convenient way to talk to someone without PMing.

About Me: This function is the easiest way to get someone to know who you really are. Once you click on it, you’ll know what to do on how you would like to let other’s know more about you. It is a simple system that enhances other’s to find you in-game and what you like to do etc.

Friends: Basically you can add someone into your friends list by clicking/tapping on their profile>add as friend.

Experience: This function allows you to see how much experience you have gained throughout the days you’ve been using Era-Go. Points are given when you completed the ones at the bottom of the page. You can see how to gain points by clicking on this link-> [http://www.era-go.com/forum/xperience.php?go=earn] You can also give Reputation to any user IF they have given a positive & helpful feedback on one’s thread. To rep someone, click on the noob head icon under the user’s post and then click ‘Approved’ then type in the reason(s) on why you are giving that person a rep.

You can also edit your profile under Settings. You will then see many functions under My Settings on how to edit your Era-Go Account such as your profile picture(avatar),
    email & password etc.

Inbox: This function just keeps all PMs you’ve received. You can create your own inbox by going to Edit Folders and then you can customize on how you would like the folder to work.

Ignore List: If you ever have an issue with somebody or you just think he/she is annoying, you can click/tap on that person’s account and then click on Add to ignore list and they will ask “Are you sure you wanna add” etc. It is YOUR choice, it’s the safer way to prevent yourself from getting harassed and so on.

Signature: The signature function is the most useful thing you ever want to use. As you can see, under my post, there is a grey-white line drawn and then words are beneath it. That is my signature which I’ve written long ago. Signatures allows you to make yourself feel known to others and how you would like them to contact you and so on. You can put pictures inside it but do refrain from using BIG images. You can even put links such as to other websites(must NOT contain any sexual, inappropriate or harassing site) or how you want other’s to know what you usually do everyday.

Player Statistics
    12345.jpg
    This is where you can check out How many players are online,How many guests/members & you can have the list of who is currently online(Provided that they do not appear offline)
    This can be found at the most bottom of the Homepage of the Forum right under the "Forum Administration" section.

Conclusion
    I hope this has helped you in your journey in joining the era-go community and clarify a whole lot.Remember this is only a generalized step-by-step guide and not an in-depth one.
    If you have anymore questions,please contact me or any of the members on the forums.You may also post at the Ask A PR section.
    Also,If you guys think that i missed out some important information newcomers should know,Please private message me or Comment on it,It'll help a lot.

Here are some links that are more detailed to assist you:
    A list of Staffs-http://era-go.com/forum/showgroups.php
    Forum achievements & awards - http://www.era-go.com/forum/showthre...nts-and-awards
    Forum rules - http://www.era-go.com/forum/showthre...57-Forum-Rules
    Forum FAQs- http://era-go.com/forum/faq.php
    Understanding Era Staff Roles- http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...ra-Staff-Roles
    Last edited by xcloudx97; 05-28-2015 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Updated

Drop me a message if you have any queries.
    Please be specific,i won't bite.

Support center:support.toonslab.com
    New to the forums? Here's a guide!:http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...for-newcomers!

Banned
    Hope you guys enjoyed our guide. Well, mainly cloud thought of it and I helped him for like a part where it says "DONE BY XSTARX".
    We spent hours typing everything out just to help those in need.
    Last edited by Star*; 11-21-2014 at 05:06 PM.

Street Boss
    Nice idea, That can help new Forum members!
    Newspaper Team Staff and Gani Artist.
    iEra translator to Arabic.
    Former Zone Patrol Captain.
    IGN : Michel.
    If you have any question just ask!

Big Cheese
    Nice. But there's a bit of a thing you missed. The awards, achievements, etc..
    Returned... I think. Lmao. I missed all of y'all <3

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CluTch View Post
    This is where you can find the achievements & awards: http://www.era-go.com/forum/showthre...nts-and-awards

Communications Support xcloudx97's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CluTch View Post
    ah the link is below!thanks guys!

Drop me a message if you have any queries.
    Please be specific,i won't bite.

Support center:support.toonslab.com
    New to the forums? Here's a guide!:http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...for-newcomers!

Finally,a guide!
    Thanks for making this,XSTÃRX and xcloudx97!

Big Cheese
    ;-; k den
    Returned... I think. Lmao. I missed all of y'all <3

Nice guide, guys.
    Questions? Don't be afraid to message me.

oh niceee
    IGN: bizrr (Milk)