Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Come beta test neo base!

lag go away come again another day

Quote Originally Posted by xcloudx97 View Post
    Oh yeah Meph may i ask,Who was in charge of the leveling?
    Or was it just copied from Era Pc and left untouched?
    HW helped me with a couple adjustments, but for the most part, the interior blueprints were done by me.

As far as being "copied from PC", it's not. I don't even have access to PC Era's RC right now.

Granted, there are a couple of areas where I recycled pieces of older Era levels, because I liked the strategy that they induced.
    But as far as selecting these areas, choosing where to put them, and applying them to this base, it's me.

The exterior is based off of a CTF base from 2005; tweaked to match the theme and proportions of this base.

this is how bases are supposed to be,rather than just sit and spam your guns on a narrow hallway,gaining ez hours,i really had fun with the neo base levels,theres plenty of room to dodge bullets and its more competitive to hold.

I also liked the idea of healing in this base.
    All bases should be redone like PC,but theres a lot of ppl who will start to cry how they cant gain ez hours like they are used to.

Communications Support xcloudx97's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    HW helped me with a couple adjustments, but for the most part, the interior blueprints were done by me.

As far as being "copied from PC", it's not. I don't even have access to PC Era's RC right now.

Granted, there are a couple of areas where I recycled pieces of older Era levels, because I liked the strategy that they induced.
    But as far as selecting these areas, choosing where to put them, and applying them to this base, it's me.

The exterior is based off of a CTF base from 2005; tweaked to match the theme and proportions of this base.
    Ah i see,That explains the paintings of meph
    Are there still going to be any level adjustments for both the interior or exterior ?Or are you currently satisfied with the current levels.

Also,What's your opinion on This area?Test.jpg(borrowed from sasha) I've tried it and i've noticed there is unit collision enabled at that area,Which means there will be a lot of frequent blocking.Not sure if it's a good or bad thing,A player can stay inside the room,Spam his/her bar towards the door,waiting for other players to grab(open) the door & most of the time secure easy kills while stopping others from being able to enter and heal from the room.

Drop me a message if you have any queries.
    Please be specific,i won't bite.

Support center:support.toonslab.com
    New to the forums? Here's a guide!:http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...for-newcomers!

so to take flag must inside the circle nd shoot? Can you tell me what is the circle colour mean there is green white nd red

If "Plan A" didn't work, the alphabet has 25 more letters!
    STAY COOL!

Quote Originally Posted by iTzSheff View Post
    so to take flag must inside the circle nd shoot? Can you tell me what is the circle colour mean there is green white nd red
    The purpose is to clear the area and have your gang stand in the circle for 20 seconds to capture it.
    Green-Secured, no enemy is standing nearby
    Red-The flag is being captured
    Blue- idk about the blue color, but I suppose it means 2 or more players of a different gang and standing in the circle.
    Questions? Don't be afraid to message me.

For Neo Base Admins should make it like if players are inside the circle..they get healed like 10 Hp per 30seconds or something like that Good base overall though

Are there still going to be any level adjustments for both the interior or exterior ?Or are you currently satisfied with the current levels.
    I'm pretty satisfied with it overall.

However, if there becomes positions that get frequently abused, I'm going to make adjustments
    For example, I noticed people were spamming a sniper over this wall, so I made it thicker:

Also,What's your opinion on This area? I've tried it and i've noticed there is unit collision enabled at that area,Which means there will be a lot of frequent blocking.Not sure if it's a good or bad thing,A player can stay inside the room,Spam his/her bar towards the door,waiting for other players to grab(open) the door & most of the time secure easy kills while stopping others from being able to enter and heal from the room.
    I thought about that, but at the same time, it's kind of a gamble to go in there.
    Yes, you could get easy kills, but at the same time, you could easily be killed.
    You're trapped inside that room, and the only exit is a narrow doorway.

Yes, they can heal, but each of the heals do +15 HP, and respawn every 30 seconds.
    This means +30HP every 30 seconds to people in there.
    The kicker is, in order to get that HP, they need to put themselves in a position of vulnerability; as people can shoot upwards through that glass.
    Those walls are also only 3 tiles thick, and some guns (as the PBP AutoRifle) can easily shoot through them.

To exit that room, you also are put in a vulnerable position.
    Not only is the doorway narrow, but it's a clientside door.
    This means that the door only opens for you when you grab it.
    Meaning you can't send bullets outward, unless you open the door and go about halfway the lenth of the door, then shoot.
    Meanwhile, all bullets sent your way are going to do damage to you as long as the door is open.
    So even though the others see their bullets stopping at the door, it will be open on your client, so they'll penetrate and do damage.

Given the narrow corridors of that room and doorway, you don't have a whole lot of room to dodge bullets.
    Meanwhile, the people outside of that doorway have more room to dodge any bullets that you're sending out.

Going inside that room is a double-headed sword; everything above considered, I don't think it's much of an issue.
    Besides, I could pick off much more kills in any other position of this base with less risk involved.

Quote Originally Posted by iTzSheff View Post
    Green - Healing; controlling gang is alone within the circle
    Red - Danger; an opposing gang is threatening the flag
    Blue - 5HP. Flag is in danger of being taken soon.
    White - Neutral. Nobody is in the circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kriole View Post
    For Neo Base Admins should make it like if players are inside the circle..they get healed like 10 Hp per 30seconds or something like that
    That's why I added the little broom closet with health packs in it-- so that Defenders can catch a break.
    There's two packs in there, each heals +15HP. They respawn every 30 seconds.

Banned
    How can one person be able to take the flag in the circle when there's like 2 members in it as well?
    Is it a bug or it's how the system works?

Communications Support xcloudx97's Avatar
    Hmm very impressed with the double-edged sword explanation,Overall,Great Base Design,Hopefully it gets out of beta soon
    Anyways,I've always wondered what the Wooden door at the most << far end at the left does,What is it's purpose?

Drop me a message if you have any queries.
    Please be specific,i won't bite.

Support center:support.toonslab.com
    New to the forums? Here's a guide!:http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...for-newcomers!