• Yes

24 68.57%
  • No

11 31.43%
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The one about the Ghost M4

The one about the Ghost M4

----READ EVERYTHING AND THINK BEFORE YOU POST----
    So it's pretty obvious this gun is extremely powerful and to me when guns are balanced I like to make it good in a particular category or pretty good all round and then have one element that makes it balanced.
    With the ghost m4 however there are no negatives to the gun making it extremely powerful for everything.

It has 0.145 freeze,
    0.245 firerate
    20 clip (I think it's actually higher though)
    And a decent amount of spread I think it's between 0.5-0.8

Now we look at the BAR which has 0.2 freeze
    0.24 firerate
    20 clip.

0.55 is a very significant difference, it's what sets apart the pdw sd from the souizen (0.175, 0.12)
    And honestly this is probably too high for only a 13k price gap, and yea sure BAR does 1 more damage but obviously it needs to be better in that because it's worth more.

Because it has so many good stats, I find when watching spars (since I don't really spar myself anymore) players when using ghost m4 are able to continuously fire, almost without stopping effectively making the other player have to dodge endlessly and stand almost no chance unless they have a gun with high damage.

Anyway I don't want to make this to long but basically I don't want to change the freeze (even though I would prefer to considering statistically gm4 is better than m4a3- has 0.1 more freeze than m4a3 but shoots 0.25-0.3 faster and has a bigger clip)
    So my proposed change is to reduce the clipsize from whatever it is now to 18, and increase the reload time slightly in order to stop the constant bullet wall spam, and give the other person a small window to escape although still very small and decrease firerate to 0.26 which won't be noticeable to most because very few are good enough at tap firing to reach the full firerate

Obviously many people are going to be against it because lets be honest if you are given the choice of an op gun or a balanced gun people will go for the op option because they think the stronger the gun is the better, when that's not the case as when you have a balanced gun more skill comes into play so that's why I made the thread.

Some people, especially sparrers have said they would agree with this change for the reasons i've stated so that's why i'm making the thread to see if anyone else agrees.

IF ENOUGH AGREE WITH THIS BALANCE IN ORDER TO COMPENSATE I WILL GIVE THE GHOST M4 A FIRERATE ATTACHMENT THAT WILL ALLOW YOU TO SWITCH BETWEEN EITHER AUTO OR SEMI FIREMODES
    - - - Updated - - -

Also if you disagree please say why but DO NOT use the reasons 'because I paid 187k and it's going to be useless or bars way better' because those aren't actual arguments

Banned
    I completely agree.
    Finally a thread about this that could actually be implemented to change the whole drastic spamming with gm4 in spar.

Gm4>Vector, what are the odds?

Although the firerate you picked is decent, how does reducing the clip actually affect the gun's performance before and after its nerf? It's just a -2 on the clip from 20 which doesn't really prove anything on getting it balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    I completely agree.
    Finally a thread about this that could actually be implemented to change the whole drastic spamming with gm4 in spar.

Gm4>Vector, what are the odds?

Although the firerate you picked is decent, how does reducing the clip actually affect the gun's performance before and after its nerf? It's just a -2 on the clip from 20 which doesn't really prove anything on getting it balanced.
    yeah because you constantly spammed gm4 for ur spar goals
    Just being me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bram View Post
    yeah because you constantly spammed gm4 for ur spar goals
    That was in the past, so you're saying I can't spam my gun just to get my goals easier?
    Let's talk about you bragging with your status saying "I finally got a gm4, now I can own anyone."

This thread is about either disagreeing OR agreeing to the concept.
    NOT about you trying to start a ironic argument with someone all the time (although there WILL be some major conflicts happening once people start spreading rumors about it).

yeah now its my time to use the gm4, and get easier to my spar goals
    Just being me.

Veteran
    Finally someone noticed it, although i dont spar i can see that this gun is very agile to the point that you can easily corner your enemy and it doesnt have any penalty(weakness)

I think u all should've thought about all this and tested them before letting us waste money on it if ur going to crappify it like bar

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JacobCAHDB View Post
    I think u all should've thought about all this and tested them before letting us waste money on it if ur going to crappify it like bar
    They are actually tested before releasing lol...

Lets be honest here... I've put my Bar into the same catergory as my Minigun, Its a 200k paper weight... The reload time on the bar is bad enough where my Gm4 has taken over as the only gun i use when i base and spar...

My layout when basing is Gm4-DSR, Spar set up is Gm4-Specter...

My Verdict if there is a noticable difference with the nerf on the GM4 i'm sure heads will roll and people will flood the forums with "Refund" post...

Instead of "Nerfing" the Gm4 i propose you return the bar to its original stats and leave the GM4 alone.

Join the Confederacy.... Feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Confederate States of Era!!