Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Simple Improvement to Discourage Macroing in Mines

Drill Simple Improvement to Discourage Macroing in Mines

If you brought back the cave spiders, without the Queen Spider part, it would make using a macro and not being discovered significantly harder than it is today.
    I have legitimately mined more than 60000 rocks, and as much as I enjoy not being attacked while I mine, I dislike cheating macro users even more. I have recently reported macro
    users several times and the admins are not up to being able to figure out if someone is using a macro or not. I even watched one admin drag a macro user and
    then stop watching them before their next movement pattern had them mining in free space. I've reported macro users mining outside the mine entrance but no admin
    was available to catch the macro user. Every day I'm watching more and more people using macros and the admins are too busy with more important things or just aren't
    well versed at spotting the telltale signs of a macro user. But that's ok, admins should be spending their time on more important issues and it's not practical to teach them
    all the telltale signs. With the simple act of bringing back the randomly spawned cave spiders to attack people mining, macro users will be much more easily spotted and macro
    usage will drop way down. It would be crazy to think it would be eliminated, but right now it's just too easy to do and more and it's on the increase.

I also think the penalty for using a macro mining should be to reset their rock collection experience to zero - (revert them back to maximum time to mine a rock) and remove any remaining rocks from their inventory. The penalties today, from what I can tell, (never having received one) are really pretty minor and not much of a deterrent or punishment.

Thank you for your consideration and comments.

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    I agree.

Banned
    Um, you can't really define who's really macroing and who isn't.

Let me tell you something that happened to me recently.

Upon Ol West release, I was there doing some jobs. Mining was the first thing that had the most profit earned and so I did it. I was using FB to play my game. After being the first in mining with about 15k rocks mined, I was then being watched everyday. People thought I was macroing, in which I didn't since I'm using FB. A day after, some guy reported me and Alpho (lol) came and dragged me away, thinking I was really macroing.
    I had my friends to told him the truth that I was not macroing, but using FB and placing something on my keyboard. And so he left, and I quitted the game.

So to be frank, you can't define who's a macroer and who isn't.
    If you ever see someone moving or doing any actions for 24/7, then that is a macroer.

Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    If you ever see someone moving or doing any actions for 24/7, then that is a macroer.
    It's generally pretty easy to tell. I mean, if you drag someone away from mining they will continue the same actions repeatedly even though they aren't mining it's pretty obvious they are macroing. Sometimes if you're just holding D while not really paying attention then I guess someone could see it as macroing but on Era (last time I played it) you had to actually move around while mining so just holding a key down would give no advantage.

People thought I was macroing, in which I didn't since I'm using FB.
    It's much easier to macro on FB as a pose to iOS and Android.

Banned
    I wouldn't call it 'macroing' since I'm still there but doing some other things.

I wouldn't call it 'macroing' since I'm still there but doing some other things.
    I mean it could look like you're macroing from someone else's perspective, if you're mining and people are trying to talk to you and you didn't reply then people may just assume you were macroing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    I mean it could look like you're macroing from someone else's perspective, if you're mining and people are trying to talk to you and you didn't reply then people may just assume you were macroing.
    That's exactly what happens when people don't think properly and just falsely accuse others for macroing.
    Macroing isn't something that can be stopped very easily even if you were to actually report a real macroer.

That's exactly what happens when people don't think properly and just falsely accuse others for macroing.
    Macroing isn't something that can be stopped very easily even if you were to actually report a real macroer.
    Ok, this isn't about stopping macros - this is about making it more difficult.

All of the other discussion on this thread has exactly agreed with my point, it isn't always easy for someone with not a lot of mining experience to identify a macro user. I'm not going to go into details on what I look for and how long I monitor someone before reporting, but XSTARX is correct that it's not as simple as seeing if someone doesn't respond to a chat.

Right now, with nothing attacking, it's very simple to write a macro to mine. This spider idea wont stop sophisticated macros and it wont stop people who sit there watching their macro at work. But...for those unsophisticated simple macros and unattended macros it wont be much good to use one because you want be able to let it run for long stretches of time and you'll only get 10 or 12 rocks before the character is attacked and the macro gets messed up. When something is attacking a simple macro stops working and can get messed up. The macro program has to be more sophisticated. And not responding to something killing your character is another piece of data.

A case in point. One day I was mining next to someone I didn't know. Do to the repetitive pattern the person was using I thought the person might be using a macro. They did not respond to private messages or public messages. When a spider spawned I lured it over to the other player and watched it attack them. The person immediately stopped drilling to kill the spider. Pretty good odds that a macro wasn't being used.

Player Relations Toshihiro Kijima's Avatar
    From my experience when I was a GP on iClassic - I don't discuss the system how we know from 3,000 players who might be using but - we warp to the player and if we see someone that looks like macroing at the farm, we dragged them away from the farm - if the player still did the same movement, then they are macroing

- - - Updated - - -

The cave will colapse sometimes, I think that's the iEra's system to prevent Macro users?

Can visit me my link here:http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...vs-Macro-Miner. If level 99 is 0.3 seconds than marcoing right.
    Era Jobs Ugrade 2018

click here - N/A

Era Jobs Upgrade(Old)

click here - https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...a-Jobs-Upgrade