Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Simple Improvement to Discourage Macroing in Mines

Quote Originally Posted by Toshihiro Kijima View Post
    From my experience when I was a GP on iClassic - I don't discuss the system how we know from 3,000 players who might be using but - we warp to the player and if we see someone that looks like macroing at the farm, we dragged them away from the farm - if the player still did the same movement, then they are macroing

- - - Updated - - -

The cave will colapse sometimes, I think that's the iEra's system to prevent Macro users?
    Yes, the cave collapse trips up macro users sometimes. It's frequency of about once an hour isn't as much of a deterrent as it could be.

Yes, grabbing and moving a suspected macro user is the most common method used by the admins to check a suspected macro user.

I really wish this thread's discussion turned more back to the question of the merits of turning the cave spiders back on rather than how do you catch a macro user.

My goal was to make disruptions frequent enough that no one get much of a benefit in using a simplistic macro. Which would then discourage their use.

I should also have mentioned in my original post that redesignating portions of the mine where corners are to be areas that wont work to drill in both directions would eliminate the most simple macro where the person doesn't even move, just mines in a corner. When the mine collapses or they are killed they warp to a hospital making it harder to see that they were using a macro but if you were at the hospital you would see them drilling in the hospital.

Player Relations Toshihiro Kijima's Avatar
    Falling rocks are better than spiders I guess..

Quote Originally Posted by Random22 View Post
    I really wish this thread's discussion turned more back to the question of the merits of turning the cave spiders back on rather than how do you catch a macro user.

My goal was to make disruptions frequent enough that no one get much of a benefit in using a simplistic macro. Which would then discourage their use.
    I'm not a fan of the cave spiders, yeah they catch out the people who are macroing but they would get incredibly annoying for anyone who is legit mining. Maybe something which may push the player who is mining backwards a short distance every 5-10 minutes. This would effectively be like dragging them away which would both stop macroers, making it easier for them to be caught and discourage them from macroing, while not bothering people legit mining too much.

Banned
    Or just add a random NPC to spawn?

But that would promote macroers to code in what is needed to make their character do the work for them.
    I mean like, macro users should know how to script when they're macroing.

Somebody you used to know Waiter's Avatar
    I just don't understand how people can't see if player is macroing. But adding spiders is one of the many ideas to stop macro users. In my opinion, spider can be a good way to spot macro users, but at the same time it'll interrupt real miners.

I love the idea and I want It to be added only if they will reduce spider's damage to 1-3

good idea! i liked it!

IGN: SashaGryg/Skype: sashagrygprovych
    Ask for help and you will receive