Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Newspaper problem

Newspaper problem

So recently I've noticed that the newspaper staff aren't updating the newspaper weekly and this is bugging me, not because they r late, but because they are changing the statues and not adding a new newspaper at the same time, when they change the statue I'll be like "oh yay they will bring a new newspaper soon" then I wait a couple days...nothing...a bit more.... Still nothing. So please if you want to delay the new newspaper at least don't change the statues. Thank you, if this is impossible please hire more staff to do so.

UPDATED ideas:

How about making a script to simplify the process... It might be long at first to script or something, but when it's done it would help for the future let me tell you how this will work: a newspaper staff would say in the newspaper building :createnewspaper - a window will pop up with 2 buttons- "upload article" and "create newspaper"- let's start with the upload article:

_when you press the button many buttons will appear like "article" - "story" - "news update"... In each section when you open it will show a box that says text and other boxes (depending the section) for the images. The text is where you copy the story and paste it in this box and the images that you download from the forum to your PC then upload it to graal where you get it to the box. (If you didn't understand then read the paragraph again and again till you know what I mean).

And there you have created some articles. Which makes the job of the creating a newspaper easier. So there you go let's press the "create newspaper" button. It will leave you to a big window where you will have:

On the right:- the list of the articles you created in the "upload article" section and under them is DELETE and ADD

On the left: the window of the newspaper (shown by players when they open the newspaper)
    And the staff will start pressing each section and adding the articles into them

At the end when everything is done and added - at the end of the list will be a Finish button when you press it, it will take you to a smaller window asking for the date of the article and number and to the left the image to upload.

This is just an idea that could be taken into consideration. I'm not asking it to be implemented, I'm just asking to think about some ideas to fix the problems and use them.
    Last edited by Joeyaudi1; 02-16-2015 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Added an idea
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

The newspaper admin's computer broke or something.
    Questions? Don't be afraid to message me.

Yea i think pengus pc has broke :0
    Welcome to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    Thank you, if this is impossible please hire more staff to do so.
    Hiring more staff members wouldn't help necessarily. The current ones could learn how to script the newspaper.
    My name is Tyler

2015 & 2020 Player Relations
    2014 Forum Mod

So ser or gon can fix it

Give me resolution ideas
    Global Moderator Feb 21, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (8 months)
    iEra Player Relations April 10, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (6 months)
    iEra Communications Support Oct 10, 2014 - Feb 9, 2015 (4 months)
    Ol West Communications Admin Nov 15, 2014 - Resigned (9 months)
    iEra Communications Admin Feb 9, 2015 - April 10, 2016 (15 months)
    iEra Player Relations Admin April 10, 2016 - Current
    Retired from Toonslab Support
    Toonslab FAQ [email protected]

Reserve newspaper admin so they can bring it out when the news admin is not available?

Teach current news staff how to script it? (As tahmaw said. I think i recall pengu saying she would do this)
    Welcome to the forums!

normal news staff don't get access to RC so no point in teaching them how to script.
    Global Moderator Feb 21, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (8 months)
    iEra Player Relations April 10, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (6 months)
    iEra Communications Support Oct 10, 2014 - Feb 9, 2015 (4 months)
    Ol West Communications Admin Nov 15, 2014 - Resigned (9 months)
    iEra Communications Admin Feb 9, 2015 - April 10, 2016 (15 months)
    iEra Player Relations Admin April 10, 2016 - Current
    Retired from Toonslab Support
    Toonslab FAQ [email protected]

Maybe get gon or ser to do it when pengu cant.
    Welcome to the forums!

Banned
    Only Pengu and Ser knows how to script.

Not sure about Gon though.

She did say that she would teach those that are new to the team on how to script. That was, if she's busy.