Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What do iEra PR do?

When i think of PR's and what they do.... i instantly think about Walmart shopper greeters... the lil old people that stand at the door and serve no real purpose other then being a warm body...

Join the Confederacy.... Feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Confederate States of Era!!

Quote Originally Posted by W R A T H View Post
    When i think of PR's and what they do.... i instantly think about Walmart shopper greeters... the lil old people that stand at the door and serve no real purpose other then being a warm body...
    But in this case, the Walmart greeters are at the top of the hierarchy/Social Status.

This is what I'm getting from the admins:
    "Man hosting events are tough, sitting there and being the one in charge is so hard."
    "We have to deal with all this hate and spam, its hard and eventually I had to quit because I didn't know I didn't have to read all my messages that were not serious questions."
    Era since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    Popularity is crap.

Whoever thought of being a PR will get you famous shouldn't even be a PR.
    Fixed.

It really depends on how many PRs are on. When I am the only one it is pretty hard to answer PMs because you'll delay at checking reports which may cause you being late and the offenders are already gone or stopped being immature. Though, whenever I am online I often do other things at the same time (implying not only PR on) so that may be another reason for someone.

Zephlyn
    A PR do all the things you stated.

Quote Originally Posted by D12* View Post
    A PR do all the things you stated.
    That's why I'm in disbelief that they constantly "busy".
    Era since 2011

I'm too busy AFKing on roof tops, like seriously.

But seriously, sometimes there's only one PR online and he needs to handle all the reports, uploads, and arguments around Era.
    Also some PMs are like 'Please hand me over a free doll!'. I personally only reply to direct questions when I'm busy.
    Resigned the staff team- Thanks for all the good times =)

Big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    As Nyx said, it isn't. PR doesn't just give you positive feedback, oh yes.. you get so much hate and mean words you won't handle. PRs are busy for many reasons "Taking care of players, doing events, talking in Graal RC, doing reports, doing mass numbers of uploads, and not to mention it.. they have a life, might be afk." Being an admin doesn't make you famous at all, just known. Fired? They'll make fun of you till the day you quit. So PRs isn't so pretty, only for real men (and women) who can take it.
    well, they shouldnt afk; if they're busy they should just log off.

Quote Originally Posted by MunGraalian View Post
    I'm too busy AFKing on roof tops, like seriously.

But seriously, sometimes there's only one PR online and he needs to handle all the reports, uploads, and arguments around Era.
    Also some PMs are like 'Please hand me over a free doll!'. I personally only reply to direct questions when I'm busy.
    Ill be come with you, we'll be like batman and Robin without the tights.

SOME pr jail people for no reason...my friend was jailed for "frame hacking" when shockwave simply crashed...other pr are too gullible. This guy told me to give him chaplain, i said no, he reported me 10 times for no reason and i was jailed for 8 months. Luckily, my other friend who is Graal Police got him banned

- - - Updated - - -

PR aren't busy...graphics team is busy. Graphics Team actually have proof of what they are doing by updating server with new graphics but PR just say crap. I would rather be Graphics Team than PR

Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    But in this case, the Walmart greeters are at the top of the hierarchy/Social Status.

This is what I'm getting from the admins:
    "Man hosting events are tough, sitting there and being the one in charge is so hard."
    "We have to deal with all this hate and spam, its hard and eventually I had to quit because I didn't know I didn't have to read all my messages that were not serious questions."
    It's quite ridiculous of you to rant about how PR's, in your opinion, don't do anything. What expertise do you even have on being a PR? Hosting events, countless uploads to go through, feedback to go through, countless spam pms, keeping judgmental annoying players happy, as well as a LOT of miscellaneous jobs. Thats a lot of stuff to go through, and many of the PRs are also trying to balance school, possibly a job, and a social life. Never judge a man til you've walked two moons in his moccasins.
    premature premonition