Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Fortune Fighters thread.

Will this be on ios?
    Looks great
    Welcome to the forums!

Can't resist any longer, putting a sprite as my avatar.

crd 2010-2015
    Also message me if you have any questions or concerns here.
    Or contact me by email at [email protected]
    Play Zone? Visit me over at their forums!
    Click a sitting Orc for my graphics thread

I'm excited

Hi guys, I'm the artist of Fortune Fighters.
    This is the user interface I'm making for Fortune Fighters. This is a very basic version of the GUI that I have planned. There will be lots of shiny buttons and animation inside the interface, so it won't look as flat and boring. This gif animation is just an early example.
    I'd love to answer any questions you guys have for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    Hi guys, I'm the artist of Fortune Fighters.
    This is the user interface I'm making for Fortune Fighters. This is a very basic version of the GUI that I have planned. There will be lots of shiny buttons and animation inside the interface, so it won't look as flat and boring. This gif animation is just an early example.
    I'd love to answer any questions you guys have for me!
    Hey there! I love your art, it's great! One thing about the chests, they look weird as the point of view/angle isn't exactly right.
    Would love to find out your secret to making these characters!

crd 2010-2015
    Also message me if you have any questions or concerns here.
    Or contact me by email at [email protected]
    Play Zone? Visit me over at their forums!
    Click a sitting Orc for my graphics thread

Quote Originally Posted by crd View Post
    Hey there! I love your art, it's great! One thing about the chests, they look weird as the point of view/angle isn't exactly right.
    Would love to find out your secret to making these characters!
    First off thank you for the compliment! As far as the chests and items go, I understand first glance might seem off but I think you are just a victim of observation only. If you actually get to walk around in the world and see the backgrounds moving, the objects seem to look a little more normal. The reason things might seem a bit wonky, is because of the angle of the game in general. Notice how it's top down, but you can also see the horizon in every arena? This angle is 100% impossible in real life, and I don't know of any other games that do this..so that is probably why things feel weird. There are games like Chrono Trigger, and Legend of Mana that are top down and show you a background, but it's not the same as Fortune Fighters. -- In all of my arenas, the foreground bends toward the background rather than being 2 separate layers. I had to hand pixel this to make it work. I know it's unconventional, but I figured I should try something different and ended up liking the outcome.

TL;DR -- When you play the actual game the angles look better with moving backgrounds and the angle of objects don't seem as bad

The secret to making the characters? I don't really have one ... but they are my favorite sprites out of any that I have ever worked on in 10 years of pixeling.

Strange...I posted a response with a few animations to explain.. but the post isn't showing up.

Screencaps of a live build coming soon. Watch this space.

Definantaly playing this game. Can't wait.
    Last edited by Enfy; 03-02-2015 at 05:10 AM.
    Questions? Don't be afraid to message me.

Ex. Player Relations Admi RenoDorvay's Avatar
    Got bored and generated another page of players.

I was told not to share the generator page because some of the more tech-savvy people might be able to rip assets from it

If anyone here wants to turn a FF character into an avatar PM me and I'll generate you a few pages to choose from

Last edited by RenoDorvay; 03-02-2015 at 03:49 AM.
    Legal threats should go through the support center.

Ex. iEra Player Relations Admin - Oceania/Asia. 2011-2017.
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” — Mark Twain