I've been trying to get back into graal recently even though the game is as dry as sun bleached sand, and couldn't help but think of ways to improve upon the game with all of the free time I have sitting in bases. With that being said, I recently thought up an idea that could possibly shape Era into a real city that thrives off of the organized crime that runs rampant in the streets. I know I haven't been here in awhile so if any of my information is outdated then please let me know!

So, the city of Era has recently been lacking its “crime runs the city" theme that pulled me into joining the game in the first place. Sure we have bases and they are fun as hell, but I think putting more emphasis on gang territories and the city economy would be a great way to spice things up. So, here's my idea: incorporate an investment system into gangs and gang related activity!

But how would this work? In the simplest way of explaining it:

Gang leaders choose to open up their gangs to the public with shares that can cost x amount of dollars>Players purchase stocks in gangs they feel will be most prosperous in the future based on the Gang's set price per share>all money earned from investors goes towards the gang's Gang Points(which will find purpose in the future)>investors earn a percentage of the graalats made from gang's holding bases based off of # of shares>investors can also invest in sparring gangs for a smaller profit everytime the gang wins.

Are there any drawbacks to this system?

Of course. If you're gang suddenly starts losing hours or sparring matches or they begin to fall apart due to poor leadership, you will potentially be out all of that money you invested.

What are some things I should consider before investing in a gang?

Some things you should consider before investing in a basing gang)
What base do they usually hold?
What is the income of that base and how much will you be getting by comparison to others?
How is the gang's leadership fairing?
Does this gang have the potential to make me some real money?
What is the current status(in hours) of this gang?
How frequently is this gang active?

Some things to consider before investing in a spar gang)
How often does this gang win?
What are the records of it's members?
Is the gang legit(are they real skill or laggers? Laggers may be exploited and disbanded one day)?
How is the gang's leadership fairing?
Does this gang have the potential to make me some real money?
How frequently is this gang active?
What does their competition look like?
-------------------------------------------------

There could be a nice stock exchange and everything where players can invest, gang leaders can open up their gangs and set the prices per share, etc.