Thread: Bamboo Staff/Rod from EC House

Angry Bamboo Staff/Rod from EC House

So atm I've got 33 etc and the rod cost 35, I really want it and before someone says something like "out of all the things you can buy! you choose that?" Yes I do because it sounds fun and I wanna go around just protecting people for no reason ! But anyways, basically I want to know the chance of it blocking bullets.
    Ive asked a lot of people and they have said different things, someone said 1%(obviously not true) someone said 30%(could be) and someone said 75%. Atm I'm going with 75% because I shot a whole 24 magazine on to someone spinning the rod and only like 6 of the bullets hit.
    If you do have the rod your self please add me on graal: chrisgen68 (I never change name) I'm from the gang YouNoob to make it more clearer and ye, just message me and say "I saw you from the forums, I have the rod" and then we can test it.
    Thx

Twitter: chrisgen68
    YouTube: chrisgen68

- - - Updated - - -

I just checked and there are a lot of threads about bamboo sucking this is making me turning away from it soooooo much,
    Everyone is saying that it needs a buff and ofc I agree but if I realise that the blocking is over 50% then I'm definitely getting it.
    Anyways if your an admin with a power to change attributes of weapons or an admin that can pass this on to an admin who does have those powers well take note of this.
    This needs a serious buff to 8 damage with over 60% blocking or keep the 7 damage with 80% blocking, I mean I don't know the chance of blocking yet but these threads are saying that no one uses the blocking because of how bad it is, if it has a bad blocking chance well then what's the point of it having 7 damage? I think it's a rip off if it's 7 DMG with less than 50% chance of blocking and costing 35 EC, ofc they can't lower the price but please take note that this needs a buff!

Thx

I myself have the bamboo, and I can honestly say, I regret my purchase.

The Bamboo Rod does not block bullets most of the time. It blocks 2 out of 5 bullets, but I'm not sure if the other 3 get a damage decrease when they hit you. Bamboo is good for showing off your effort in events, or dedication to AFKing for EC, but overall, the bamboo is just trash. I use it when I dig up shells, because it has a decent speed.

If I were you, I'd purchase the AK-74u, I believe that's what it's called. I've used it on a friend's account, and it is a monster in spar. Even though the flashlight attachment is utterly useless, it's good for sparring, or just occasional basing.

Take it from someone who has the rod.

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

I agree bamboo needs a buff.
    It horrible balanced with the other 35 ec items like the katana.
    Just being me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    I myself have the bamboo, and I can honestly say, I regret my purchase.

The Bamboo Rod does not block bullets most of the time. It blocks 2 out of 5 bullets, but I'm not sure if the other 3 get a damage decrease when they hit you. Bamboo is good for showing off your effort in events, or dedication to AFKing for EC, but overall, the bamboo is just trash. I use it when I dig up shells, because it has a decent speed.

If I were you, I'd purchase the AK-74u, I believe that's what it's called. I've used it on a friend's account, and it is a monster in spar. Even though the flashlight attachment is utterly useless, it's good for sparring, or just occasional basing.

Take it from someone who has the rod.
    Thanks for the info and ye ak is a beast in spar, I have it my self. Atm I'm looking for an EC melee or unique item, I really don't want to buy a melee with just damage plus poison/electric/shadow/fire.
    Like atm I'm thinking of the boxing gloves
    But ye what I'm worried is that a week after I buy an EC item, bamboo rod gets buffed etc
    As for normal melees I'm looking at Librarian Staff, That double sabre but a sword version(double ended sword), machete, scimitars or boxing gloves