Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PSA: Account Phishers

Ex. Player Relations Admi RenoDorvay's Avatar

PSA: Account Phishers

There is a group of people going around and telling players that they are friends with staff members and they've been told to tell people that they've been selected to be recruited for the staff team.
    This is false, we make contact with every potential recruit directly, we do not use third-parties or proxies.

Staff very rarely give out their kik or personal e-mail address to players, if a player approaches you and informs you that you've been selected and wants you to contact them through e-mail or kik do not listen and report them to a staff member either in-game or here as soon as possible.

We are unable to do much if you provide evidence of kik scammers, we only have authorisation to act if the phishers are trying to lure you in through Graal Era.

Thank you.
    Legal threats should go through the support center.

Ex. iEra Player Relations Admin - Oceania/Asia. 2011-2017.
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” — Mark Twain

Banned
    I'm surprised you guys take this rather seriously.

Wow, I never knew tryhards even did this...

Quote Originally Posted by iT'sJake! View Post
    Just a question, could they obtain an IP address or hack somebody's information IF they were to share their kik details?
    That's easy.

crd 2010-2015
    Also message me if you have any questions or concerns here.
    Or contact me by email at [email protected]
    Play Zone? Visit me over at their forums!
    Click a sitting Orc for my graphics thread

Communications Support xcloudx97's Avatar
    Just a question, could they obtain an IP address or hack somebody's information IF they were to share their kik details?
    nope

- - - Updated - - -

unless if he/she sent you files, which may or may not contain metadata that will help with the tracking.

Drop me a message if you have any queries.
    Please be specific,i won't bite.

Support center:support.toonslab.com
    New to the forums? Here's a guide!:http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...for-newcomers!

Oh I see, thanks.
    You can in fact gather ip's by using their Kik details. Sending invisible packets of information from a program targeting their account.

crd 2010-2015
    Also message me if you have any questions or concerns here.
    Or contact me by email at [email protected]
    Play Zone? Visit me over at their forums!
    Click a sitting Orc for my graphics thread

Wow, thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by RenoDorvay View Post
    There is a group of people going around and telling players that they are friends with staff members and they've been told to tell people that they've been selected to be recruited for the staff team.
    This is false, we make contact with every potential recruit directly, we do not use third-parties or proxies.

Staff very rarely give out their kik or personal e-mail address to players, if a player approaches you and informs you that you've been selected and wants you to contact them through e-mail or kik do not listen and report them to a staff member either in-game or here as soon as possible.

We are unable to do much if you provide evidence of kik scammers, we only have authorisation to act if the phishers are trying to lure you in through Graal Era.

Thank you.

Staff members rarely give out there Skype, jk. *goes on skype* *goes on group with like 100 staff members*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

theres a kik called Reno_Dorvay i think its fake

"Everyone's a Falcon"
    www.KrioleGFX.weebly.com
    In Game Name: ItsKriole
    Since 2012

Yes someone can get your IP address from kik very easily and once they get it they can either DDOS you or find a way to rat you by finding any other IP addresses used in your household.