Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Phishing websites

Banned

Phishing websites

Alright so it has been brought to my attention that a player named Junior who named himself "Era's #1 ifiler" has made a phishing website to scam accounts. He is using the name Tony Florez and other names to scam accounts. Just thought I would bring this to the attention of the era community as well as staff. Don't make any dumb decision's and watch going to "graal websites" other than the main forum. Peace

Thank you for the heads up!
    2012-2015
    "The Pessimist complains about the wind;
    The Optimist expects it to change;
    The Realist Adjusts the sails."
    William A. Ward
    New to Era Go? Click Here

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    How does a phishing site work?

Banned
    Phishing sites log your information and sometimes your IP and will send the information to the owner of the sites email. They will then have your password and have the opportunity to take your account for the game as well as mess up an email you use for other games or sites as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkins View Post
    How does a phishing site work?
    Well, phishing websites are just websites that have been created just for the purpose of stealing one's information. So lets say there are websites that duplicates your graalats, or maybe give you unlimited things (No its not possible). And the box requires your graal Email, and password. That's a dead give away. This is just an obvious example. Now what it does is, the password and the email you typed is basically sent to another email, which would be in this case, the phishers email. Not only can this scam graal accounts in this case, but anything that has to do with your email. Maybe even your paypal account if you have one.
    2012-2015
    William A. Ward

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Ohh, okay. Thanks.

Also never register on "custom sites" some evil geniuses could claim they have the best and biggest custom outfit website and ask you to register before you are able to view it. If you do register though, never use the same email and especially password as your graal connected email

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogy Navy View Post
    Also never register on "custom sites" some evil geniuses could claim they have the best and biggest custom outfit website and ask you to register before you are able to view it. If you do register though, never use the same email and especially password as your graal connected email
    uh oh... That's not good ;-; I don't think I used my main account's email though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
    Alright so it has been brought to my attention that a player named Junior who named himself "Era's #1 ifiler" has made a phishing website to scam accounts. He is using the name Tony Florez and other names to scam accounts. Just thought I would bring this to the attention of the era community as well as staff. Don't make any dumb decision's and watch going to "graal websites" other than the main forum. Peace
    Scarface can you provide us with this "phishing website", Junior created?
    2012-2015
    William A. Ward

Ex. Player Relations Admi RenoDorvay's Avatar
    If you find a phishing website, post it here or PM a staff member and we'll try to get it disabled.
    Legal threats should go through the support center.

Ex. iEra Player Relations Admin - Oceania/Asia. 2011-2017.
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” — Mark Twain