Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Operation: Single open/close ability

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    extra throw ability
    Is the extra throw ability looks like Boomerang?

Adding an open/close would take like 30 minutes to do. The reason why I said single wouldn't get it is because the open/close ability is the only thing that sets the dual saber (which costs 25ec more) apart from the single. If single had both duals abilitesthen why spend 25ec more.

I told them single would only get open/close if they were able to script the saber throw ability to give to the dual, making it worth more, so then single could have the open/close as the dual would remain worth the 25ec as it comes with the extra throw ability.
    But those items are Just for showoff anyway giving it an open close ability would make it more enjoyable to equip. Also why not make a poll about it and see what the community thinks about it.
    Just being me.

El Bacon Hombre Police Commissioner
    I told them single would only get open/close if they were able to script the saber throw ability to give to the dual, making it worth more, so then single could have the open/close as the dual would remain worth the 25ec as it comes with the extra throw ability.
    Ah. You're still the guns administrator, right? Would you like to see a saber throw be implemented into the dual-sided saber?
    It may require a bit of modification to the Melee class however I'm sure that a flag could be added to switch on/off a boomerang-type throw of the object. Obviously this would not be as simple in the backend however another class could even be made for a boomerang item. This class could then be joined to the Melee class and its effects could be turned on/off. A separate check could be implemented as well so that animations are required for the object being thrown, player throwing, etc or else the weapon still acts as if it is off.

This is probably something that should be discussed among developers on the server, but I'd like to get a little bit of your perspective as well.
    [email protected]
    *Stefan: You steal my cookies?

Whoops, I got a little excited and thought I knew what I was talking about. Apologies, I'm going to delete my post so I don't look too incompetent.

- - - Updated - - -

You learn something new everyday.

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. Thanks for the clarification.
    Message me if you ever need advice, I'm not the wisest person on the planet but I'll do my best to help you out.

You can find me in-game under the name "Tim Z." or by searching up "Zephlyn" in the gangs section.

El Bacon Hombre Police Commissioner
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Rodgers View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

You learn something new everyday.

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. Thanks for the clarification.
    No problem! Glad I could help.
    [email protected]
    *Stefan: You steal my cookies?

Quote Originally Posted by BboyEatsbacon View Post
    Ah. You're still the guns administrator, right? Would you like to see a saber throw be implemented into the dual-sided saber?
    It may require a bit of modification to the Melee class however I'm sure that a flag could be added to switch on/off a boomerang-type throw of the object. Obviously this would not be as simple in the backend however another class could even be made for a boomerang item. This class could then be joined to the Melee class and its effects could be turned on/off. A separate check could be implemented as well so that animations are required for the object being thrown, player throwing, etc or else the weapon still acts as if it is off.

This is probably something that should be discussed among developers on the server, but I'd like to get a little bit of your perspective as well.
    I hope bitzsam decides to give this a try.
    Questions? Don't be afraid to message me.

Sam can also Just make the single close ability and make the dual saber statwise stronger. Like burn effect. Or schadoweffect or extra damage
    Just being me.

If boomerang is too hard, what if they included like a "force" option or something with dual? Like maybe you either press the button and you shoot a lightning bolt from your hands or something, or you could "choke" someone in the air.

I dunno, just a suggestion I thought would be easier since throw is apparently impossible.
    Feel free to PM "Scopez" in game. I swear I don't bite.

Quote Originally Posted by olive6661 View Post
    If boomerang is too hard, what if they included like a "force" option or something with dual? Like maybe you either press the button and you shoot a lightning bolt from your hands or something, or you could "choke" someone in the air.

I dunno, just a suggestion I thought would be easier since throw is apparently impossible.
    I doubt the choke hold would be implemented but I'd love to see lightning or perhaps a force push. The Lightning could be a short range sort of "don't approach me" type of weapon and would electrify and deal small damage to players who touched the hitbox. A force push would allow the user to create a small invisible hitbox with a short range and while the user is in the animation of the force push, anyone who was hit would receive massive knock back with a loss of 5 health.

- - - Updated - - -

I like your suggestion.
    Last edited by Timothy Rodgers; 06-15-2015 at 03:52 PM.
    Message me if you ever need advice, I'm not the wisest person on the planet but I'll do my best to help you out.

You can find me in-game under the name "Tim Z." or by searching up "Zephlyn" in the gangs section.

Recently I traded my rubber duck and ice sword for a baseball bat.
    When I'm using it, it's mostly looks like sabre and it could be threw up.
    So I'm wondering if the throw-ani looks like that?