Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Discussion/Progress) Can we build it?

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Good stuff right here, id like a lot of new world war weapons and stuff
    Wished we could do weapons.
    2012-2015
    "The Pessimist complains about the wind;
    The Optimist expects it to change;
    The Realist Adjusts the sails."
    William A. Ward
    New to Era Go? Click Here

Happier, gratefully. Kamiroo Wolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfren Eve View Post
    Wished we could do weapons.
    We can do melees...but maybe next time for guns D';
    "'An old friend of ours dared me to try and play God...' Mak craned his neck, the advisors and guardsmen in his wake suddenly alert at their charge's blatant discontent.

He stood with a confidence we had never known him to possess, the bright orange trim of his ivory sleeves dangling so far from the scrawny arms folded behind his back that we thought the robe adorning his body might blow away completely in the winds that whipped around us.

'Little did they know I was born for the role.'"

Now that the poll's been closed and it's most likely going to be a shop, I have a theme.

Summer
    -Surfboards (They still haven't been added to the game?)
    -Boats (The idea may have been abandonned and turned into a rental, but sailboats could be 4-directional like surboards and skateboards)
    -Location in Pirate Zone at the unopened shop?

If anyone wants to elaborate on that, feel free.

I don't need treasure, darling. You're worth your weight in gold.

Care to see my graphics? Click here.

"Starboard is to the right because all starfish are right-handed," -Gulliver

Wizards item

So here are the most popular ideas I have been able to determine thus far:

1.Mall(where everyone gets to have their own small personalized shops. Up to a cap, of course.)
    2.World War Shop
    3.Medieval themed shop
    4.Safari

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, so:

UglyMelee.png

^This is my first melee since I came back(it has no specific theme or look whatsoever on purpose, just a random melee) and I was planning on using it for my useless wares shop. I am aware that the diagonal sprites are blurry and look TERRIBLE, but that's why I posted it. Anybody got tips on how to make your diagonal sprites less blurry? My problem is that I always try to rotate the image to save time but as you can clearly see it doesn't seem to work out the way I want it to. I tried manually creating a diagonal version of the melee but that only looked worse than the blurry vision.
    "'An old friend of ours dared me to try and play God...' Mak craned his neck, the advisors and guardsmen in his wake suddenly alert at their charge's blatant discontent.

He stood with a confidence we had never known him to possess, the bright orange trim of his ivory sleeves dangling so far from the scrawny arms folded behind his back that we thought the robe adorning his body might blow away completely in the winds that whipped around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamiroo Wolf View Post
    So here are the most popular ideas I have been able to determine thus far:

1.Mall(where everyone gets to have their own small personalized shops. Up to a cap, of course.)
    2.World War Shop
    3.Medieval themed shop
    4.Safari

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, so:

UglyMelee.png

^This is my first melee since I came back(it has no specific theme or look whatsoever on purpose, just a random melee) and I was planning on using it for my useless wares shop. I am aware that the diagonal sprites are blurry and look TERRIBLE, but that's why I posted it. Anybody got tips on how to make your diagonal sprites less blurry? My problem is that I always try to rotate the image to save time but as you can clearly see it doesn't seem to work out the way I want it to. I tried manually creating a diagonal version of the melee but that only looked worse than the blurry vision.
    To turn my items diagonal, I use multiple layers. An underlayer to use the rotate tool and paste the newly-turned item onto and a top layer, the top layer is the layer in which I take the original colors and trace over the blurry, rotated image. Hope the dual-layer trick helps you.

While I'm at it, I have some speculation on the 5 options for shops we have.

Sports
    This theme seems reasonable, it would add new items to the game that we haven't gotten to see in Era (soccer balls from classic, new basketball furniture, etc.)

Medieval
    For some reason, in a land full of guns, cops, and gangsters, I feel thta knight would be far out of place. Not that a horoscope theme fits as well, but medieval just seems way too far out of the domain of Era.

Bookworm
    I'm having a hard time visualizing this one. A library? I would have a book item? Could I actually read the book like a newspaper? Would it be a lot of furniture? There's only one possible melee: A book.

Horoscope
    I actually did take a liking to this. Masks, horoscope blades, horoscope outfits, etc.

Safari
    This theme would fit well at a zoo and give us binoculars and an excuse to get an Indiana Jones hat in the game. Binoculars? A way to scope out areas some distance away from you? That would sure change how player scout bases.

Anyone care to explain the bookworm theme to me or comment before I vote?

4. Nerds'R'Us(Geeky items like an in-game calculator you can do math on, big glasses, hipster bodies, arcade themed items, pac-man or some other 8-bit pets)

^ someone posted that and I didn't really want to use "nerd" as the theme, sounded kind of mean xD

Put that way, I thin I actually like that one. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Storm M. View Post
    4. Nerds'R'Us(Geeky items like an in-game calculator you can do math on, big glasses, hipster bodies, arcade themed items, pac-man or some other 8-bit pets)

^ someone posted that and I didn't really want to use "nerd" as the theme, sounded kind of mean xD
    I'm proud to be a nerd tbh but I guess a diff name could be chosen x3

Maybe a note next to the name would help. It's a very good theme, but "Bookworm" is a bit vague and seems like we're trying to build a bookstore or library. I guess I can't think of a fitting name that's not "nerd", though.