Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How to make staff do their job

How to make staff do their job

I am honestly sick and tired of all the "Player Relation" admins. Why are they "Player Relation" if they ignore 90% of the population except their friends? I'm not naming anyone, but here's an idea on how to get them to at least do something.

How about they have to report to their senior admin on what they did that month? So an example would be "Jailed 3 hackers, helped 10 people with their questions, and hosted 6 events". Now that's just an example but the idea is that all these " Player Relation" admins who are hanging around are now forced to actually do the job they were hired for. Maybe if they don't explain what they did then they will receive a warning, and could face being fired.

And don't tell me it's too hard for them because they were hired and they should know that with a job comes responsibility.

Thoughts on this?
    Feel free to PM "Scopez" in game. I swear I don't bite.

Preach it.

PRs are there to entertain the players and deal with reports. Though most only do events. Never checking reports.

Everyone besides PRs do their job to help the community.

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

Banned
    No need for a jailing record since RC records ALL power usage done by staffs.

^^^^^

^^^^^

I don't wanna spoil but admins can see what another admin did cuz its in the RC chat.Like jailing a player.
    ]Need help? Pm me ur concerns or Era related questions. IGN:Agent K

Why do they need to tell the SPRs what they did when SPRs can find out themselves.
    Global Moderator Feb 21, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (8 months)
    iEra Player Relations April 10, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (6 months)
    iEra Communications Support Oct 10, 2014 - Feb 9, 2015 (4 months)
    Ol West Communications Admin Nov 15, 2014 - Resigned (9 months)
    iEra Communications Admin Feb 9, 2015 - April 10, 2016 (15 months)
    iEra Player Relations Admin April 10, 2016 - Current
    Retired from Toonslab Support
    Toonslab FAQ [email protected]

Big Cheese
    Okay okay, a Player Relations job is to help the player, I get that. They're job is also to respond to reports so I am sure they are sorry that they can't respond to you're PM as fast as you'd like, and while they are "waiting around" they are waiting for more reports to do. Ah and they don't need to report to a Senior Player Relations because everything is recorded on RC staff tools, jails, etc.. and it's the Player Relations Admins job to review them and the Senior Player Relations help as well. They actually do more than what I just listed. Just saying you should be a bit more grateful for what they actually do for you so you can enjoy iEra.
    If you'd like to contact me:
    [email protected]

I rarely ask them any questions, mostly because I know they won't respond. And I can't blame them for that since morons are always spamming them with junk mail.

But have you seen an admin help a noob before? Its like a boyscout letting a grandma cross the street by herself
    I mean c'mon if they are so busy behind the scenes, why have "relation" in their name?

Big Cheese
    Well that's the thing, a Player Relations team member will only respond if the "noob" asks for help. Otherwise they will assume the player is doing just fine and gradually learning.
    If you'd like to contact me:
    [email protected]

I don't want to sound like a know-it-all or anything, but I highly doubt a PR would respond to a rookies plea for assistance. I know mine weren't answered.

Why do you think people go all crazy when they see an admin? Because they are more like celebrities showing off all their flashy powers than they are your friendly neighborhood spiderman doing what their tag says.