Thread: Develop a better hit system

Develop a better hit system

it is ridiculous that you guys are not able to make a better hit system, you dont have to make a hitbox it's a 2d game but still i see my bullets going and disappearing when hitting the enemy which means i hit him, without any damage i see them doing the same and getting damage this is just ridiculous cant you just make hit = hit instead of wasting your time on ****ty hats/weapons/events

Communications Support xcloudx97's Avatar
    sometimes when you see them "eating" your bullets, the problem could lie with serverside.

Drop me a message if you have any queries.
    Please be specific,i won't bite.

Support center:support.toonslab.com
    New to the forums? Here's a guide!:http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...for-newcomers!

Quote Originally Posted by xcloudx97 View Post
    sometimes when you see them "eating" your bullets, the problem could lie with serverside.
    That should be avoided like in every game on this planet.
    Sometimes i even try to see how ****ty this is so i sit bottom spam straight and watch em literally go through my spray get hit bajillion times only 1 counts yet they give me 2 hits instantly without any 'missing' hit.

Bullets are clientside meaning your opponent is dodging what he sees while you're doing the same. There's also hit timers of course. If the game switched to clientside bullets it'd be like most other fps games and stuff where you might die for no reason just because the server said you got hit.
    Author of EraAWSD: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...l=1#post195094 (Updated 15-09-2015)

Just some music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h41Rrk_6rzs (Updated 02-20-2016)

Banned
    Most games have serverside where bullets won't always hit where you expect them to hit.

bumping dead thread for a reason -- xstarx, feel free to complain about my posts or neg me because you don't agree

era iphone's gameplay relies on the outlandish hitbox and it's finely tailored so that gameplay remains balanced. if the hitbox was definitive to playersize and player dimensions, lord knows what would happen, the slow movement makes targets already hard to lead shots and hit. the issue lies in the fact that the large hitbox is there for a reason albeit the fact it kinda ruins gameplay for those who really want a 200% balanced and calculated experience.

on the flipside, servers with faster movespeeds (Zone2001, N-Pulse, Era PC) all rely on smaller boxes because they're faster-paced and in turn make every move matter more than the last. if iEra had those hitboxes, spars would take 2x as long and it'd be a lot harder to escape wall-lamers and those who choose to spam. it's all calculated, even though I agree it's ridiculous.
    Lucky enough to have known the best players to ever log in.