View Poll Results: Would you like to see dropping come back?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

76 76.77%
  • No

23 23.23%
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring Dropping Back - Petition

Post Bring Dropping Back - Petition

First off before anything is said, yes, yes this may be a post because of nostalgia and I may have the nostalgia goggles over my eyes, but I do know, that others have that hat on too.

Hello everyone, Kuujoe here, and this post is going to make the boat rock, I know that already. But I feel that somebody needs to set sail, and ill do just that. Back in late 2013 (I believe, I may be wrong) something happened. Something happened that made this game change. Dropping items was removed. Dropping items was by FAR my favorite thing about this game. I played classic for a long while and many of you may know me from there. But when I found era, I fell in love with its dropping mechanic. I bought a gang house right away and made a trading center, a mall and a regular shop in my house. It was something that really set itself apart from the other Graal games out there, and I liked that. I mean, EVERYONE that played in the dropping era remembers EraTrade, Enterprise, INeverScams, and all of the EraTrade fakers. everyone traded at ProfessionalNoob's house at one time or another. I also remember going to auctions at peoples houses and being able to bid on an item without spending iTunes. It was amazing. And yes, I know people scammed, but thats what made it fun! There was RISK, it was a CHALLENGE, you could find someone legit and they would be your new best friend. I believe everybody has scammed someone at one time. You felt horrible, didn't you? But then when you hosted a legitimate trade at your house, it felt great! You NEVER EVER get those feelings on this game anymore, it just feels like the same stuff every day on this game, there is nothing to do. I have asked over 50 people if they wanted dropping to come back, do you want to know how many said no? 0. 0 people said they didn't want dropping back. all 50 unanimously said that they wanted it back. The reason it was removed in the first place was because players would report other player for scamming even though the staff said "Scamming is completely legal". So eventually, the staff team was sick of getting those messages and made the biggest mistake they could possibly make. They implemented the trade tables. Immediately after dropping was removed, this game never felt as FUN, as RISKY, or CHALLENGING. It just felt bland.

Use this as a metaphor; lets say you're at a birthday party and they bring out the cake. The kids are loving it, but the parents are complaining that there's too much sugar in it and their kids are going to be hyper for a while (like when someone was scammed, they would be salty for a while, but after bit, they would get back on their feet) So you take the cake away because a few parents were angry. What do you have now? You have a roomful of hungry kids, with nothing to satisfy them. So you ask yourself, was it right to take something away that a few parents didn't like at the cost of the fun of the kids? Because I DEFINITELY don't think so!

I am going to make a poll n this thread, please vote on whether or not you would/wouldnt like dropping to come back

My fingers are cramping up right now so I'm going to leave it to you guys! here are some ideas on what to post below

-Your best trading memory
    -Your best comeback after being scammed
    -Why YOU think dropping should/should'nt come back
    -What setup you had in your mall or shop in your house'
    -Who you traded with
    -etc.

Dropping needs to come back. We loved it. We will always love it, who cares if players were scammed.
    Just a game, get it over with it.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    Dropping needs to come back. We loved it. We will always love it, who cares if players were scammed.
    Just a game, get it over with it.
    Spoken like a true poet

I remember me and my cousin would double team at the bank and scam people xD. I miss dropping, it was the only thing in era that was exciting. Scamming I feel like should be part of the game because the whole Gangster Era was about turning on peoples back and screwing them. Keep the trade tables though.

Parts of me always knew I would be scammed, but I traded anyway!
    At first they said dropping was removed temporarily.

crd 2010-2015
    Also message me if you have any questions or concerns here.
    Or contact me by email at [email protected]
    Play Zone? Visit me over at their forums!
    Click a sitting Orc for my graphics thread

Quote Originally Posted by crd View Post
    At first they said dropping was removed temporarily.
    Obviously and sadly not

Banned Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuujoe View Post
    First off before anything is said, yes, yes this may be a post because of nostalgia and I may have the nostalgia goggles over my eyes, but I do know, that others have that hat on too.

Hello everyone, Kuujoe here, and this post is going to make the boat rock, I know that already. But I feel that somebody needs to set sail, and ill do just that. Back in late 2013 (I believe, I may be wrong) something happened. Something happened that made this game change. Dropping items was removed. Dropping items was by FAR my favorite thing about this game. I played classic for a long while and many of you may know me from there. But when I found era, I fell in love with its dropping mechanic. I bought a gang house right away and made a trading center, a mall and a regular shop in my house. It was something that really set itself apart from the other Graal games out there, and I liked that. I mean, EVERYONE that played in the dropping era remembers EraTrade, Enterprise, INeverScams, and all of the EraTrade fakers. everyone traded at ProfessionalNoob's house at one time or another. I also remember going to auctions at peoples houses and being able to bid on an item without spending iTunes. It was amazing. And yes, I know people scammed, but thats what made it fun! There was RISK, it was a CHALLENGE, you could find someone legit and they would be your new best friend. I believe everybody has scammed someone at one time. You felt horrible, didn't you? But then when you hosted a legitimate trade at your house, it felt great! You NEVER EVER get those feelings on this game anymore, it just feels like the same stuff every day on this game, there is nothing to do. I have asked over 50 people if they wanted dropping to come back, do you want to know how many said no? 0. 0 people said they didn't want dropping back. all 50 unanimously said that they wanted it back. The reason it was removed in the first place was because players would report other player for scamming even though the staff said "Scamming is completely legal". So eventually, the staff team was sick of getting those messages and made the biggest mistake they could possibly make. They implemented the trade tables. Immediately after dropping was removed, this game never felt as FUN, as RISKY, or CHALLENGING. It just felt bland.

Use this as a metaphor; lets say you're at a birthday party and they bring out the cake. The kids are loving it, but the parents are complaining that there's too much sugar in it and their kids are going to be hyper for a while (like when someone was scammed, they would be salty for a while, but after bit, they would get back on their feet) So you take the cake away because a few parents were angry. What do you have now? You have a roomful of hungry kids, with nothing to satisfy them. So you ask yourself, was it right to take something away that a few parents didn't like at the cost of the fun of the kids? Because I DEFINITELY don't think so!

I am going to make a poll n this thread, please vote on whether or not you would/wouldnt like dropping to come back

My fingers are cramping up right now so I'm going to leave it to you guys! here are some ideas on what to post below

-Your best trading memory
    -Your best comeback after being scammed
    -Why YOU think dropping should/should'nt come back
    -What setup you had in your mall or shop in your house'
    -Who you traded with
    -etc.
    Probably not gonna come back You wanna know why because when dropping WAS a thing guess what the report and feedback boxes were spammed with
    You guesses it i was scammed
    Thats why admins didnt ban or take suggestions alot like they do now because before they couldnt really read the feedback or reports they couldnt even pm players because prs were spammed on pms saying i got scammed

Quote Originally Posted by Froz View Post
    Probably not gonna come back You wanna know why because when dropping WAS a thing guess what the report and feedback boxes were spammed with
    You guesses it i was scammed
    Thats why admins didnt ban or take suggestions alot like they do now because before they couldnt really read the feedback or reports they couldnt even pm players because prs were spammed on pms saying i got scammed
    But scamming still goes on today! All the time, people use rockets or :PM to block out the items! I don't know if you were around during this time (Because you joined the forums just last month) but PRs are still getting spammed with "I got scammed" Trade tables changed little about scamming, it just made a way for people to come up with different methods. So before you rain on our parade, consider both sides

Getting scammed was part of the experience! I used to own 3 clovers (back then it wasn't that big a deal to have a clover but it was to me), they all got scammed one by one. It made me learn that I can't trust everyone and that I have to be more careful in the future. The next day I would get scammed all over again but who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuujoe View Post
    But scamming still goes on today! All the time, people use rockets or :PM to block out the items!
    If they're stupid enough to get scammed by someone using rockets and grenades, I think they deserve to be scammed.
    Helping is my drug, noobs are my dealers.

If you get scammed its your fault, the trade tables are there for a reason so if you don't feel safe trading in a house then use the tables, yes dropping should be back because it was fun hosting trades and auctions:

Tips of how not to get scammed at peoples houses

1. If someone refuses to trade at the tables then it is a scam
    2.If they don't trust you then you can't trust the
    3.Offer them to trade at your house and if they refuse then they are scammers

Really just before dropping was taken away it was really hard to even scam melees worth 50 shells
    Ive played era for 3 years