View Poll Results: Should animations be allowed on customs?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Animations

Animations

Admins are slowly trying to push animations on customs out of the game. Should they be allowed or shouldn't they?
    First off animations are a great way to show creativity. When you have an animated custom you tend to stick out more and people notice you. That's an advantage that if you can make your own animated custom you have worked to earn.
    Secondly I have been told animations are supposably not allowed because the animations can make people sick, give headaches and that sort of stuff. There IS an option to turn off the animations. If you know animations may affect you just turn them off. Simple as that.
    Thirdly this is not consistent. If you get sick from an animated head then what about flashing status codes, or flashing backgrounds. The z-room also has flashing lights that could give headaches. The explosion of candy bazooka or AC along with the bright explosion of nitros and petrol bombs.
    Now we all understand they wildly absurd flashing, bright and colorful images will give anybody a headache but admins should take a second week looking at customs and see, that looks fine, it's a nice smooth image that was created for looks not for attention.

Where was it posted that animated heads were not allowed O_o? I understand the flashing customs though.

Jeni posted rules.

I think with the higher player count they are trying to reduce lag within the game and also i like the animations but it doesnt affect me what so ever.
    Live your life, enjoy it while it lasts. Don't give it up when you are down, you are a light like the stars in a sky.

If you have an older device that causes lag. Turn them off. But all of us should not be punished

Quote Originally Posted by <3 jeni <3 View Post
    -No images which may disturb game play such as flashing shields, gore or violent-glowing shields, shields that cover more than ½ of the player
    -No flashing images, this also means no blinking hats
    -No customs which have different colors in different frames
    HEADS:
    -We do allow animations on the eyes; however there should be no other animations on the head
    -Moving heads
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BODIES:
    We do not allow any body animations! And just like heads, we do not allow bodies that change colors in different frames which cause it to appear animated in game.
    Hmm, if that's so then it kind of sucks. I actually had a head recently that had other animations on it that wouldn't be flashing, it was accepted and hadn't been refunded (until I refunded it). I also see other players with more animations than just eyes, so I think it's fine.

Agreed with Mystic I think your fine just dont go overdramitic with the ani's
    Live your life, enjoy it while it lasts. Don't give it up when you are down, you are a light like the stars in a sky.

Banned
    There is a "turn off animations" button for a reason. Animations should be allowed.

Olirus
    I don't think we are trying to push animations out the game, but get rid of ones are generally illegal, people have probably just uploaded a bigger ratio of illegal to legal gifs which made them think we are trying to get rid of animations

No gif no life