Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: In-Game Report Reputation

I do agree with this 90%, but this might give PRs the idea that they don't have to review every report. In some situations one might be telling the truth, and not lying like his previous reports say. A player might be telling the truth and when the staff member shows up to the report the player stopped harassing, swearing, etc. Also, being a new player you might not know how the report system works and recieve a lot of negative points while you were just learning how to play the game, and it might effect you in the future. This idea is good, but there are also a lot of possible negatives that come with it.

Genius Idea! As long as the staff doesn't get overwhelmed, then they can help the community even more!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Viguetas View Post
    I do agree with this 90%, but this might give PRs the idea that they don't have to review every report. In some situations one might be telling the truth, and not lying like his previous reports say. A player might be telling the truth and when the staff member shows up to the report the player stopped harassing, swearing, etc. Also, being a new player you might not know how the report system works and recieve a lot of negative points while you were just learning how to play the game, and it might effect you in the future. This idea is good, but there are also a lot of possible negatives that come with it.
    At least add a tutorial about the Report system to the existing Tutorial that happens in every new game. Besides, I'm sure all reports will be handled, just the order they are handled is different, but they are not ignored.
    When will I ever see Python be used as a popular programming language?
    I would never know.

Great idea!Honestly,I think that everything should be more strict,calling somebody a motheryucker or something like that just cause he killed you or won in spar is already a great reason to jail the scum.
    Analysis and rationalism are probably the greatest helpers in this world,full of dishonest,deceitful,foolish,money-grubbing,greedy and betraying people.

Analyze it all,find the logical pattern if it exists and you'll come to the correct conclusion.

Love is the greatest inspiration of all,a true reason to live.

The melee weapons are just as important at basing as guns,they too need proper balancing.

That's the problem, if someone reports a problem lets say 2 minutes ago but has a negative reputation, and someone with a high reputation reports 5 minutes later and gets reviewed first just because of their reputation. The first offender might've already gotten away with the problem.

That's the problem, if someone reports a problem lets say 2 minutes ago but has a negative reputation, and someone with a high reputation reports 5 minutes later and gets reviewed first just because of their reputation. The first offender might've already gotten away with the problem.
    The high reputation person would be more likely to report a real offence.
    When will I ever see Python be used as a popular programming language?
    I would never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McKinnon View Post
    I like this idea. But I don't think people should be rewarded by reporting people.
    I was unsure about the rewards myself. That's why I only listed it as optional.

Reputation could be kept hidden from regular PRs as the system will sort of filter reports with the different wait times. This way, they wont discriminate between reports from high and low rep players. Maybe only high admins that partake in the hiring process can actually check reputation.

There could be a no reputation (±0)button for those cases where the suspect can't be caught in the act. +1 can be for good reports where appropriate action was taken, -1 can be for definite false reports.

Players could start with a set amount of reputation, much like how we on Era-go have 10 rep by default. That way, penalties only start to apply after a good number of repeated false reports.
    Author of EraAWSD: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...l=1#post195094 (Updated 15-09-2015)

Just some music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h41Rrk_6rzs (Updated 02-20-2016)

That sounds way better. I do like this idea, there's just a lot of things that would need to be done for it to be perfect.

That sounds way better. I do like this idea, there's just a lot of things that would need to be done for it to be perfect.
    Thank you for pointing out some flaws in the initial idea. I'm going to quote you and add my reply to the first post for better visibility. There's probably more flaws in the current proposal so keep pointing them out!
    Author of EraAWSD: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...l=1#post195094 (Updated 15-09-2015)

Just some music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h41Rrk_6rzs (Updated 02-20-2016)

Okay, no problem!

I was thinking, what if a player with an extremely negative reputation makes a good report? Should the system allow players to get out of the negatives quickly with good reports like +2 or more with a good report and -1 with a bad report in extreme cases. Also, should the cooldown timer be reset to the default 3 minutes for that one report only since they made a good report? This way, good reports are rewarded even to people with negative rep.

What about the inverse case where extremely positive reputations make false reports? This would be unlikely as they should know the rules if they have a high rep, but, should bigger rep penalties occur with a false report? This would be because in society sometimes it's really easy to tarnish a good reputation but, it's hard to build up.