Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: In-Game Report Reputation

I like the idea but you should keep in mind that there are staff out there that dislike certain players and give them a bad reputation for the hell of it.
    Message me if you ever need advice, I'm not the wisest person on the planet but I'll do my best to help you out.

You can find me in-game under the name "Tim Z." or by searching up "Zephlyn" in the gangs section.

Player Relations Toshihiro Kijima's Avatar
    There's no problem about these points farmers, the staff doesn't need to announce that they added the system. It's only for the staffs duty, no need to let the players know. And I support this idea.

The idea is kind of good but snk currntly as i was told is the only scripter available. And he has been busy with countryside for its release this year. Keep in mind that such thing might actually take a capacity from the server and would cause a bit more lag more than the lag we already got. When the orcs were released in era, the server packed and had to be restarted each 50 hours, the same thing will happen. No new ideas like this would be good for the server. But i assure you if this wouldnt cause lag and the server gets upgraded, its a great idea.
    Era-go.com
    A Real Lion~RAWR

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Rodgers View Post
    I like the idea but you should keep in mind that there are staff out there that dislike certain players and give them a bad reputation for the hell of it.
    Ideally, reports should be kept anonymous if possible. Although, abusing the reputation system would fall under abusing staff powers and they should get punished for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beta Frisko View Post
    The idea is kind of good but snk currntly as i was told is the only scripter available. And he has been busy with countryside for its release this year. Keep in mind that such thing might actually take a capacity from the server and would cause a bit more lag more than the lag we already got. When the orcs were released in era, the server packed and had to be restarted each 50 hours, the same thing will happen. No new ideas like this would be good for the server. But i assure you if this wouldnt cause lag and the server gets upgraded, its a great idea.
    For the most part, I don't think it'd cause a whole lot of extra lag than now. There really isn't much to implement. There'd mainly be an extra variable for keeping track of rep, a way for staff to adjust rep, and the new proposed timer system. Where this falls on the priority list would depend on snk and maybe other staff. If he deems this more important than countryside, than it'd be put at the top. If not I hope at the very least it'd be put on a to-do list for the near future.
    Author of EraAWSD: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...l=1#post195094 (Updated 15-09-2015)

Just some music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h41Rrk_6rzs (Updated 02-20-2016)

I support this idea.
    It'd be pretty nice to have a system similar to this.
    2012-2015
    "The Pessimist complains about the wind;
    The Optimist expects it to change;
    The Realist Adjusts the sails."
    William A. Ward
    New to Era Go? Click Here

Plus adding to that this will just cause a non-ending event which will cause people to just hunt one another and cause trouble. Each one will report his friend or enemy just to make good use of it. Everyone will leave everything and just start reporting. Would cause a chaos.
    Era-go.com
    A Real Lion~RAWR

Plus adding to that this will just cause a non-ending event which will cause people to just hunt one another and cause trouble. Each one will report his friend or enemy just to make good use of it. Everyone will leave everything and just start reporting. Would cause a chaos.
    That's the whole point of this suggestion, to stem this kind of chaos.
    When will I ever see Python be used as a popular programming language?
    I would never know.

This is a good reason for not offering rewards. As someone else had said, there wouldn't even need to be an announcement of this being implemented. Though, if this is added unannounced, how will we not find out about the report timers I suggested...hmm

Anyways, if a lot of good reports are made, then we would at least catch more illegal activity. If people just spam bad reports, the system will eventually slow it down enough.
    Author of EraAWSD: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...l=1#post195094 (Updated 15-09-2015)

Just some music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h41Rrk_6rzs (Updated 02-20-2016)

In my perspective if this is actually implemented, yeah it shouldnt be announced and the rewards would be money + ecs. not any items to not cause publicity.
    Era-go.com
    A Real Lion~RAWR

In my perspective if this is actually implemented, yeah it shouldnt be announced and the rewards would be money + ecs. not any items to not cause publicity.
    No rewards, because then it's more work for the admin when this idea is made to lessen the work on them.
    You could throw me into the wolves
    But i'll come back as the leader of the pack
    and I will build my empire