Thread: Support is needed

Support is needed

Hello Scripters that view this thread,
    I've figure you guys can help me out along the way
    Well my reason for this is is because i want to become a developer.
    I can't script for nothing in the world.
    As we speak i'm learning how to Java script
    So i can get a good start on graal scripting.

Are there any tips or anything i should know before i start scripting?
    Ex iEra Lat
    Ex iZone Lat Admin.

Level Thread: http://www.era-go.com/forum/showthre...z-level-thread

Xbox User Name: Ask

Twitch User Name: BrokenJay
    https://www.twitch.tv/brokenjay

YouTube User Name:BrokenJay (Was Clueless)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzF...gBcXS1_0105hnw

Well I can give you one small tip:

Be sure to memorize specific codes that are used in common scripts. There are over 30 common codes used in, not only Graal, but other famous games.

That's all the advice I can give you as of now.

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

Big Cheese Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    Well I can give you one small tip:

Be sure to memorize specific codes that are used in common scripts. There are over 30 common codes used in, not only Graal, but other famous games.

That's all the advice I can give you as of now.
    Memorize? Coding has almost nothing to do with memorization. Yes, you need to know certain events let's say, such as "setlevel2" or "putnpc2" or certain fuctions such as "onPlayerChats", but not memorizing entire scripts.

Coding is all about logic. You have to know what to do when given a task coding-wise. This comes with practise, and having an understanding of the programming language.

It's best you start off with a tutorial video, and not a text driven guide. The reason for this is because for many people, they like to see things and hear someone talking rather them reading it. I put out tutorial videos in my spare time. Check them out, I try to explain the simplest way I can.
    iEra Developer / SFX Admin

Need help? Contact me:
    Email: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by iMask View Post
    Memorize? Coding has almost nothing to do with memorization. Yes, you need to know certain events let's say, such as "setlevel2" or "putnpc2" or certain fuctions such as "onPlayerChats", but not memorizing entire scripts.

Coding is all about logic. You have to know what to do when given a task coding-wise. This comes with practise, and having an understanding of the programming language.

It's best you start off with a tutorial video, and not a text driven guide. The reason for this is because for many people, they like to see things and hear someone talking rather them reading it. I put out tutorial videos in my spare time. Check them out, I try to explain the simplest way I can.
    What I was trying to say is that coding can be a bit complex and I learned to do it by memorizing a few pieces. Not an entire script(mostly because I forget stuff easily"). Sorry if I was wrong, but that's the way I learned it at least.

Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -

Big Cheese Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    What I was trying to say is that coding can be a bit complex and I learned to do it by memorizing a few prices. Not an entire script(mostly because I forget stuff easily"). Sorry if I was wrong, but that's the way I learned it at least.
    Memorizing doesn't work all that well. In programming, it's more about understanding what you are coding. You may memorize an entire script, but you aren't understanding the fundamentals of the script to progress furthur.

I suggest learning from scratch if you did take that approach of memorizing, and you'll get a lot farther.
    iEra Developer / SFX Admin

Need help? Contact me:
    Email: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by iMask View Post
    Memorizing doesn't work all that well. In programming, it's more about understanding what you are coding. You may memorize an entire script, but you aren't understanding the fundamentals of the script to progress furthur.
    Ugh, I'm too tired right now. Ha-ha, sorry I've just been studying BioChem non-stop. I'll just have to say that you are right and I am wrong. You specialize in coding, while I'm more of an all around type. Sorry about that.

Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -