View Poll Results: Are you with this idea or against it?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • With

1 100.00%
  • Against

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Books

Books

This thread was mentioned badly in 2013 so I'm here about to talk about a slightly different idea with the books:

Reading is a pretty interesting thing for many players in graal, some might say the opposite but there is a huge amount of players that adore literature specially creative ones, staff concentrated on era with the killing from a side, then with the furniture and looks on another and jobs on another, and they made a small improvement on the literature with the newspaper, yet to go to the top of the charts era is missing player written books, books that are made as tutorials, stories, facts, even maybe maps let's get creative, on the last thread that had been published in 2013 they didn't know a valid way to publish the books as players can write whatever they want and just spam the system, but with the new newspaper system it's now much easier. Players can post their book on era-go on a new section called "Story Submissions". The era newspaper staff doesn't have to do anything with the stories because they are already into their own newspapers. Instead a new team of players "Era Publishers Team" steps in and takes control over the situation, they read the content of the submitted story if they are pleased with the story they fix the grammar and the form of the book and then publish the book into the library.

The library can be located anywhere in the map maybe in the mall *hint*hint*
    The player gets a reward depending how good the story is (judged by the staff).
    The Story must be way bigger than the newspaper stories, and the price of the book gets higher if the book is bigger
    Ex: book is made of 1000 words 5$ (10 words each line)
    Book is made of 2000 words 10$
    But you're asking "why would there be books/reading/education in a game? Games are for entertainment only.

Well here is where you're wrong, let me give you a small sketch:
    Mom:"JOEY COME HERE YOU NEED TO MAKE YOUR ESSAY YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO GET IDEAS"

Joey:" I am lovely mother, I am getting my ideas from Graal online era (boy turns to camera while smiling and holding his device) with the new library in era I can read as many books as I want and get new words and ideas, I can even copy those stories for a 10/10 on my essay. Can you give me one minute dear mother? I'm reading a lovely story, it might be your bedtime story *winks*.

Mom: As long as it's for your education son (looks at camera and smiles) read as much as you want!

------------------

Thank you for reading if you have any cons please state them and I'll try to persuade you that your argument isn't valid.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

I'm all in for this idea.
    I would love it if you can publish books within the game.
    Kendrick, Where are you?
    2012-2015
    "The Pessimist complains about the wind;
    The Optimist expects it to change;
    The Realist Adjusts the sails."
    William A. Ward
    New to Era Go? Click Here

Lmao! Great example
    I second this idea. Would be cool to have your own book in era
    Welcome to the forums!

how about the person who made the book gets a portion of the gralats from person that buys the book.

Work like there is someone working twenty-four hours a day
    to take it all away from you.-Mark Cuban

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest T View Post
    how about the person who made the book gets a portion of the gralats from person that buys the book.
    I don't think so...he will get money 24/7 then he posts more books, he could get 200k just by doing nothing. A reward for posting the book is fine
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting

Wow.. This is a fantastic idea you have Joey. I'd love to see this happen. This will make a benefit for iEra, and players who like to make stories would be happy to do this. Maybe have a section of the store with Short Stories and another section with longer stories or just simply named Stories. Imagine how much a staff has to read? There should be a new Team on Era-Go, if this was the case of a new shop for books.

Want to know more about the 13 colonies?
    iEra's Book Store will have it.

There can be history books in this game and of course, the sources will be in the end of the page.

There are few small things that should be fixed.
    A bookmark tag. Where players can just bookmark the book where they left and not flip through all the pages and find the previous spot they were on.
    A GUI, I think it is called? As Arcade has one, where you can play Mini-games, A book will contain a new window of a reading kind.
    There can be;
    Light Mode - White.
    Dark Mode - Black.
    and Original Mode - Brown.

If a player can't really read that well, there should also be a tool to minimize and maximize the fonts.
    Fonts shouldn't change, not really necessary.

Where are the admins? This is a good idea.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    Wow.. This is a fantastic idea you have Joey. I'd love to see this happen. This will make a benefit for iEra, and players who like to make stories would be happy to do this. Maybe have a section of the store with Short Stories and another section with longer stories or just simply named Stories. Imagine how much a staff has to read? There should be a new Team on Era-Go, if this was the case of a new shop for books.

Want to know more about the 13 colonies?
    iEra's Book Store will have it.

There can be history books in this game and of course, the sources will be in the end of the page.

There are few small things that should be fixed.
    A bookmark tag. Where players can just bookmark the book where they left and not flip through all the pages and find the previous spot they were on.
    A GUI, I think it is called? As Arcade has one, where you can play Mini-games, A book will contain a new window of a reading kind.
    There can be;
    Light Mode - White.
    Dark Mode - Black.
    and Original Mode - Brown.

If a player can't really read that well, there should also be a tool to minimize and maximize the fonts.
    Fonts shouldn't change, not really necessary.

Where are the admins? This is a good idea.
    Great idea XD by mini games we can also have cross words puzzle or sudoku but we are just getting out of the "stories" ideas, As for reading the pages the normal scroll thing that is used to read npcs, the difference is that it'll be extended to the whole page except for the grab button to exit and some tools would be added, if era adds books to the game that would be epic.

What if player stole story form google or somewhere else ?
    I AM READY TO HELP
    Find me on iEra or facebook if u need some helps
    iEra : DragenZero Ventus
    Facebook : Graal DragenZero

NO RUDE , NO SWEAR !!!

http://i.imgur.com/QG6k9tb.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    I don't think so...he will get money 24/7 then he posts more books, he could get 200k just by doing nothing. A reward for posting the book is fine
    the reward could be 5 gralats just like a small amount of income for doing good on your work

Work like there is someone working twenty-four hours a day
    to take it all away from you.-Mark Cuban

Quote Originally Posted by Dragen View Post
    What if player stole story form google or somewhere else ?
    Pretty sure people already do that for the newspaper, they could add a way for players to report the story for being taken online with proof from where it was taken.