View Poll Results: Are you with this idea or against it?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • With

1 100.00%
  • Against

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Books

Quote Originally Posted by domenico View Post
    Really? NO job will ever stop the children of iEra from snagging their mother's credit card and sending it to hell via iTunes. I highly doubt any job will impact the game greatly. Books will give people the chance to write for Era and that will create a bigger movement than any job, in my opinion.
    I meant it as an example, you really think this community of players on era would enjoy reading on a game. Look at it from the age of the player-base, most of these players are around 10-13 yrs old. I remember when I was 10-13 I hated reading, I found it not entertaining and so did a lot of kids at that age, I am also not saying that all players at that age dislike reading. Now I find reading more enjoyable but you have to look at what are the interests of the majority of players. If you add this your looking more at the older crowd of the player-base which is not the majority in this case.
    You could throw me into the wolves
    But i'll come back as the leader of the pack
    and I will build my empire

Nice idea bruh.

I like this idea

Rodeo
    Why tf u need stories in Graal? You know u could just get a book irl right?
    Feel free to message me if you have questions or concerns

Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe View Post
    Why tf u need stories in Graal? You know u could just get a book irl right?
    Not everyone has a library close by.
    Also, this isn't books off the bookstore. This is unique player's books.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McKinnon View Post
    I meant it as an example, you really think this community of players on era would enjoy reading on a game. Look at it from the age of the player-base, most of these players are around 10-13 yrs old. I remember when I was 10-13 I hated reading, I found it not entertaining and so did a lot of kids at that age, I am also not saying that all players at that age dislike reading. Now I find reading more enjoyable but you have to look at what are the interests of the majority of players. If you add this your looking more at the older crowd of the player-base which is not the majority in this case.
    I don't agree with you on this one, even though kids you're talking about that hates reading might have the curiosity to check out at least 1 of these books, that's how I ended up loving books, and you're saying to think of the majority first, might aswell give interest in the game for that small minority of players that love reading with that improvement than wait months or maybe years for a huge project to be released for that majority of players to be satisfied. What I'm saying is don't stop making small improvements and work on the big ones, work on small projects so we enjoy the waiting time for the huge project to be released (if you understood what I mean), plus we are talking about reading which is part of every human's education not a project that doesn't help us with our minds.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    I don't agree with you on this one, even though kids you're talking about that hates reading might have the curiosity to check out at least 1 of these books, that's how I ended up loving books, and you're saying to think of the majority first, might aswell give interest in the game for that small minority of players that love reading with that improvement than wait months or maybe years for a huge project to be released for that majority of players to be satisfied. What I'm saying is don't stop making small improvements and work on the big ones, work on small projects so we enjoy the waiting time for the huge project to be released (if you understood what I mean), plus we are talking about reading which is part of every human's education not a project that doesn't help us with our minds.
    The problem is, is that there is a shortage of scripters/developers (whatever it is)right now. If era had more I wouldn't mind it, but as of right now I do not believe it is the right time. It's kind of like prioritizing all updates to new shops. About 80% of the time it's the same old, same old. A couple of hats, a melee or two, some furniture and that's about it. Eventually the majority of the player-base is going to get bored, quit, and move on to other games, which has happened to good friends of mine. Here's an example of a game that keeps it's game new and exciting for everyone. Clash of Clans, all their updates always include new things to change strategies, base layouts, and how people use their resources. Then about when people get used to the new update and learn how things work and perfect how to use it, boom another update usually rolls around. Of course Era has it's limitations and it's a very broad game with different ways to play and to have fun. But there are ways to make updates to appeal to almost all the players like quests, map expansions(Countryside), new jobs/additions and other various things. With a limit of staff, I think you should prioritize the larger audience over the smaller. I could be wrong, maybe this is what majority of the players want, who knows. If the players want it, so be it. This is where an in-game poll system would be handy.
    You could throw me into the wolves
    But i'll come back as the leader of the pack
    and I will build my empire

Street Boss

Quote Originally Posted by Semaj View Post
    Hahaha, that won't be iEra.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!