Banned Sottocapo

Make Cpyrighted Customs Legal

Title says it all
    And dont say BUT WE COULD GET SUED
    please shut up
    We have the dubstep gun copied from saints row
    The nobe blade aka halo energy sword
    We have ALVIN THE CHIPMUNK FROM ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS
    There all copyrighted yet we still use them and give no credit to the owners
    So we should be allowed to use copyright customs

We will never understand era's logic. This is about as equivalent as trying to legalize weed.
    You could throw me into the wolves
    But i'll come back as the leader of the pack
    and I will build my empire

That's Alvin the chimpmunk from nooblin woods notice no A on his shirt.

Street Boss
    I agree with you, back in 2011 copyright costums were legal and the game was 10 times better.

On the pc servers all copyright costums are legal, so I don't see what's the problem.

How copyright works: You can use content from anywhere, without asking for permission/paying royalties IF you aren't making a profit on it. Gralats are, in some sense, equivalent to a certain amount of American dollars, Canadian dollars,Australian dollars, euros, or pounds. By that logic, Graal profits off of player spending gralats, regardless of whether they were earned in the game or bought with real money. Why would this matter? If I never bought any gralats and/or Graal never allowed in-app purchases and/or made the app cost any money, they could sell everything from other games/movies/TV shows. There are too many players to track which bought gralats to spend on copyrighted material or not, so they just assume that all gralats have a real-world value.

I won't argue with you on the Saint's Row Dubstep Gun. I looked it up, they look very similar. Arcade coins cost gralats and gralats cost money.

I will argue with you on the Energy Blade. Nobes earned that from a halloween event. Participation in the halloween event cost such a small amount as to be negligible, compared to how much the prizes would be worth in shops. They didn't sell the Nobe blade. They gave it away.

Alvin the Chipmunk? That wasn't a publicity gimmick. They're losing money (gralats) on that. We sell our in-game items of no value, they give us their gralats with have real-world value.

You missed a spot or two, as well. There was once a hat that Milkshake gave away that was taken directly from One Piece. "gave away..." The trend here is that most of the copyrighted items in the game are given away, not sold.

I don't need treasure, darling. You're worth your weight in gold.

Care to see my graphics? Click here.

"Starboard is to the right because all starfish are right-handed," -Gulliver

Street Boss
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Kol View Post
    How copyright works: You can use content from anywhere, without asking for permission/paying royalties IF you aren't making a profit on it. Gralats are, in some sense, equivalent to a certain amount of American dollars, Canadian dollars,Australian dollars, euros, or pounds. By that logic, Graal profits off of player spending gralats, regardless of whether they were earned in the game or bought with real money. Why would this matter? If I never bought any gralats and/or Graal never allowed in-app purchases and/or made the app cost any money, they could sell everything from other games/movies/TV shows. There are too many players to track which bought gralats to spend on copyrighted material or not, so they just assume that all gralats have a real-world value.

I won't argue with you on the Saint's Row Dubstep Gun. I looked it up, they look very similar. Arcade coins cost gralats and gralats cost money.

I will argue with you on the Energy Blade. Nobes earned that from a halloween event. Participation in the halloween event cost such a small amount as to be negligible, compared to how much the prizes would be worth in shops. They didn't sell the Nobe blade. They gave it away.

Alvin the Chipmunk? That wasn't a publicity gimmick. They're losing money (gralats) on that. We sell our in-game items of no value, they give us their gralats with have real-world value.

You missed a spot or two, as well. There was once a hat that Milkshake gave away that was taken directly from One Piece. "gave away..." The trend here is that most of the copyrighted items in the game are given away, not sold.
    Damn, you know your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Kol View Post

If this is the case, then they can practically put anything copyrighted into the events shop. (Sabers)
    Player Relations
    IGN- Bri
    If you need anything feel free to pm me on the forums or in-game =)

I gotta disagree copyrighted work is protected whether it be for profit or not. I can only speak for USA not other countries. Criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching are the only fair use categories and I don't think using them in a game falls under one of those.

Oh Kyle, you're a smart child.

I believe they should add Copyright customs, I mean.. there are already copyrighted files on iEra

Banned
    Lol as good as a point Kyle makes he forgot the fact that there is a turtle head and body that is sold in the turtle park that is Crush from finding Nemo . Those cost gralats and since gralats is equivalent to real money what should be done about those?