Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A few thoughts on how to make this most effective

jeni

Red face A few thoughts on how to make this most effective

Like a real want-ad in the newspaper...you wouldn't list an item for sale without a price. My suggestions would be to increase effectiveness of this section and quickly match up traders would be:
    -Clearly state the item(s) you wish to trade
    -State an estimated value you are expecting in return (#specific name of sellables, other specific items)
    -If your forum name is not exactly the same as your in-game name, specify that
    -If you see a posting of interest to you, private message the poster, firm up trade details, and arrange a time to meet at the trade tables

This will help potential traders get an idea of what you have to offer and what you expect in return versus a zillion threads with the same partial info. If you are truly open to any offers for your item(s) state that and request interested parties to pm you on your forum account their offer and start negotiations from there. If you do happen to successfully trade your item, please be sure to update this forum that the item has been traded so that other players don't continue to post regarding the item.

This section was a player's suggestion and I think it will help match up traders nicely and help everyone more efficiently obtain the items they are after. Happy SAFE trading
    Last edited by jeni; 06-28-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Nice sum up- I was thinking we may need a set of 'rules' to go by.....
    Please make sure it is moderated correctly though?? Thanks.
    (Not saying you're a bad moderator.)

Banned
    everyone should read jeni's post V~V

I love how you introduced this section in terms of a news paper! This makes it a lot easier to understand what you are trying to explain, using visual queues, using items people are very familiar with!

Banned
    oh id also point out make you thread titles more appealing, like instead for instance saying "selling a bunch of crap don't want" maybe make it sound more appealing with going with "selling items i have no use for" or something.

I fight for equality. I fight for justice. I fight for the right thing.
    I fight therefore I am.

I believe that in the little options button (above map button) there should be a button for the prices of your melees/rare simply type in its name (if more than one type ex. Maraca there should be a icon) and it tells you how much sellables it is worth or what weapon has the same worth . I think this would be a effective system I hope admins put this post to use. Have any questions shoot me a pm. My name is D3ATHWATCH3R... Evn admin questions too. And remember I dont want to kill noobs I wanna hug them... to death

It should also specify the different years witch it was released and a difference between the rares and the regulars. Anyone Agree?

The prices are so low now for everything...

Quote Originally Posted by jeni View Post

Like a real want-ad in the newspaper...you wouldn't list an item for sale without a price. My suggestions would be to increase effectiveness of this section and quickly match up traders would be:
    -Clearly state the item(s) you wish to trade
    -State an estimated value you are expecting in return (#specific name of sellables, other specific items)
    -If your forum name is not exactly the same as your in-game name, specify that
    -If you see a posting of interest to you, private message the poster, firm up trade details, and arrange a time to meet at the trade tables

This will help potential traders get an idea of what you have to offer and what you expect in return versus a zillion threads with the same partial info. If you are truly open to any offers for your item(s) state that and request interested parties to pm you on your forum account their offer and start negotiations from there. If you do happen to successfully trade your item, please be sure to update this forum that the item has been traded so that other players don't continue to post regarding the item.

This section was a player's suggestion and I think it will help match up traders nicely and help everyone more efficiently obtain the items they are after. Happy SAFE trading
    Nice idea