View Poll Results: Should these "excuse words" be banned/disallowed in Era?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 23.08%
  • No

10 76.92%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Banning of these words

Players should be able to say any word they would like to, as long as it isn't used to harass someone. Honestly, if someone uses words like that and it gets to you, just block/ignore them.

You won the match, no one can change that no matter what they say.
    Only active on the forums.

lol all anyone ever does here is complain

I hope you're joking. There's no reason why they need to be censored. Like other people have said, if someone's calling you that and you don't like it, block them.
    Quote Originally Posted by *Meister View Post
    *Unless you have a very good realistic reason to why my idea shouldn't be implemented, you should agree to it. Any form of argument that does not consist of a logical reason will be considered invalid.
    So you're asking people to vote 'yes' or 'no', but you won't take a just 'no' answer.
    Saying those words are not breaking any rules. Just because they point out something a player might be doing does not mean anything. In my opinion, if you want to censor those words you might as well get rid of the words hack(er), scammer, and everything related to trading, because both of those communities are pretty close to eachother. Always making excuses or calling eachother names for something that didn't go their way.

A lot to read, but oh well. Not trying to start a fight, this is just my view.

My answer still is no. Please give me a logical reason as to why it should be censored, because I don't see a clear one in your statement.
    Last edited by Mystic; 09-12-2015 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Added stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    Guys, it's a real live cave person

Did you know you can't say lifeguard on Graal? I tried to say what my profession was and couldn't. ;-;

Quote Originally Posted by guitarluver View Post
    Did you know you can't say lifeguard on Graal? I tried to say what my profession was and couldn't. ;-;
    Because there's a variation of a word in that word
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    Guys, it's a real live cave person

They don't annoy me?
    Why should those particular words be banned?;just ignore them and you'll be fine.
    On a more serious note,how about swear words..you could say the same thing about that,because of the impact it makes on gameplay,and the filters aren't really that detailed to capture every shoft-form created.
    Mainly on Era-Go,so if you're wanting to talk to me about a subject,shoot me a message or you could even private message me in-game!
    Always have a fun time,even when you're not!