Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Copy Righted customs

Copy Righted customs

I know the rule for graal that there it is not aloud to have copyrighted customs such as spongebob, batman, pokemon. Well what if i get permission from the owner and have Proof to make a character from their film or game. This is just a suggestion. Don't hate graalians. Good Day!

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Do you know how copy-right works?
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

idk what this is
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulltzone View Post
    Do you know how copy-right works?
    Fake profit involved?

So you're telling us that you are going to call Nintendo, Nickelodeon, or some other company that you are going to make a custom with their copyrighted work?

Do you even know the definition of copyright? Copyrighted material is created by an artist, director, producer, or anyone else who works in a certain field that can not be used at all in any certain way. Copyright (©) means you can not in any way use a symbol, object, or phrase that they fabricated and want to guard. That means they do not want anyone to use them aside from whoever it was intended for. You can't just walts up to someone and say you want consent to use their PATENTED material. It doesn't work that way. Once it's patented, it stays patented.

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

Unless large corporations license their creations under creative commons (which I highly doubt they do) you can't just get permission for free to do that. If by some miracle they allowed you to, you'd have to buy the rights and it wouldn't really be worth all that effort.

Go to a dictionary and search up copyright,and read it.

I know it'll be nice to have copyrighted customs, but you should really look what "Copyright" means. If the owner of the character saw that iEra stole their creation, iEra would be sued. Thus, iEra will be sued multiple times.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

I don't fully agree with how copyrighting works. You can make things that take inspiration from certain sources as long as you reference the creators/give them credit for the original idea and do not claim that work as your own and try to make a profit out of it.

I don't really know why we prevent copyrighted customs anyway as it is the players who are importing/recreating it into the game. Look at other games that allows for custom content, off the top of my head minecraft allows you to import your own character design, and numerous uploads are recreations of game characters. Certain maps on games such as counterstrike are recreations of movie/copyrighted sets/ themes, and I have never seen any issues with that before.

The main reason we became so strict on copyright rules is because we originally sold a pikachu hat, named pikachu hat for gralats and didn't reference nintendo, so nintendo contacted era I believe. We still have the hat, just changed the name and removed the red dots.

At the end of the day, the majority of classics original tiles were just resized edits off of the same tiles in zelda link to the past, even our graal characters.
    For any custom makers who have tried editing or making bodies, ever wondered why the left arm on the body is always held up, and isn't by its side like the right arm. That's because like in zelda, you were always holding a shield in that hand, just eventually in graal an invisible shield was added which makes it look like you no longer have one, but all the sprites haven't changed

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    For any custom makers who have tried editing or making bodies, ever wondered why the left arm on the body is always held up, and isn't by its side like the right arm. That's because like in zelda, you were always holding a shield in that hand, just eventually in graal an invisible shield was added which makes it look like you no longer have one, but all the sprites haven't changed
    You've cleared up the biggest question I've had about this game, thank you.
    Message me if you ever need advice, I'm not the wisest person on the planet but I'll do my best to help you out.

You can find me in-game under the name "Tim Z." or by searching up "Zephlyn" in the gangs section.