Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stop... Set your phone down for a good cause.

Stop... Set your phone down for a good cause.

Hello.
    It's come to my attention that millions of children go with little to no water at all. I was told a very emotional story today, and it motivated me to do something about it. UNICEF has started a project that lets you donate water without even paying at all.

This project, as you may have already figured out, involves that device in your hands. Putting that little piece of technology down can help give water to those who go days without a single drop. The project says that for every 15 minutes you go without touching your device, they will give 2 buckets of fresh clean water to the ones who need it.

This may be weird coming from someone who loves technology more than the next person, but I have decided to activate this on my iPhone 6, my iPad Air, my Samsung S6 Edge, and this device. I'll be doing so for 1 hour each, and I encourage all of you to do the same. I will start after I finish this thread. If you have a PC, or you can't go without your device, I at least encourage you to donate a bit of money to the cause. Not only am I putting my devices down, I am also donating 800,000 in euros to the cause.

Remember, many adults, children, and even babies are out there, all with a mighty thirst for water. Put down your phone, and help them out. If I, a technology eccentric individual can do it for one hour, you can do it too.

See you all in an hour

Here's the link to participate: http://tap.unicefusa.org/mobile
    Last edited by MikeyUK; 09-15-2015 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Forgot the link

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

idk what this is
    I am participating in charities currently. I shall do that too.

I'll be doing this. Seems like a great idea.
    iEra GFX Team
    Will be working.
    Pixel art stream!

Not only it'll cause them, it'll cause you. To do something more productive than being on your device all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    Hello.
    It's come to my attention that millions of children go with little to no water at all. I was told a very emotional story today, and it motivated me to do something about it. UNICEF has started a project that lets you donate water without even paying at all.

This project, as you may have already figured out, involves that device in your hands. Putting that little piece of technology down can help give water to those who go days without a single drop. The project says that for every 15 minutes you go without touching your device, they will give 2 buckets of fresh clean water to the ones who need it.

This may be weird coming from someone who loves technology more than the next person, but I have decided to activate this on my iPhone 6, my iPad Air, my Samsung S6 Edge, and this device. I'll be doing so for 1 hour each, and I encourage all of you to do the same. I will start after I finish this thread. If you have a PC, or you can't go without your device, I at least encourage you to donate a bit of money to the cause. Not only am I putting my devices down, I am also donating 800,000 in euros to the cause.

Remember, many adults, children, and even babies are out there, all with a mighty thirst for water. Put down your phone, and help them out. If I, a technology eccentric individual can do it for one hour, you can do it too.

See you all in an hour

Here's the link to participate: http://tap.unicefusa.org/mobile
    800,000 euros???Screenshot (14).jpg
    that's quite some money, did you mean 8? or 80? anyways I will be doing this, I would love to help communities around the world. Good Job Mikey thanks for the link and your care in the cause's!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post

I am also donating 800,000 in euros to the cause.

Work like there is someone working twenty-four hours a day
    to take it all away from you.-Mark Cuban

idk what this is
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    Not only it'll cause them, it'll cause you. To do something more productive than being on your device all the time.
    I do more. I study, care for my elderly, go out, I spend time here when I'm home late and nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest T View Post
    800,000 euros???Screenshot (14).jpg
    that's quite some money, did you mean 8? or 80? anyways I will be doing this, I would love to help communities around the world. Good Job Mikey thanks for the link and your care in the cause's!

- - - Updated - - -
    Yes he meant 800k
    iEra GFX Team
    Will be working.
    Pixel art stream!

It said time donations are invalid, but you can still donate. I'd love to, but I have no money.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenpotpie View Post
    Yes he meant 800k
    I wish I had 800,000 euros

Work like there is someone working twenty-four hours a day
    to take it all away from you.-Mark Cuban

Only 15 minutes of your time!
    Lel