Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Laptop! Plus, a problem.

New Laptop! Plus, a problem.

I'm buying a new laptop.

Yeah, you heard me. I'm buying me 13th laptop this year.

Haha, in case you are wondering which one I am getting, here: http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/la...,&isredir=true

The main reason why I am buying my 13th laptop this year is mainly because most of my laptops have either broken, or gotten blue screen of death. I've been fixing them for a lot now, and instead of going through all that process, I just buy a new one. My last one got the blue screen when I was busy doing, what, 5 projects at once? 6 browsers open? 32 tabs open at once? Who knows. It must be one of those. I was really devastated.

Now this isn't just to brag about my new laptop. I'm here to talk about something else.

I was robbed last night.

While I was busy going on a date with my girlfriend, some idiots decided to break into my house, and steal everything. My laptops, my PCs, my dual monitors, my smart TV, my Google Glasses (both), my Apple Watch, my iPhone, my iPads, my old Kyocera phone (I am posting this from my Samsung Edge), everything I worked so hard for, lost. All in one day. Yes my alarm went off, but the authorities did not arrive in time. I sped back to my house, and ran inside, to see where everything once stood. I literally wanted to cry. I received my Kyocera phone from my father, so I never got rid of it, my Smart TV from my Uncle. Both those and many others gone. Memories along with them as well. My insurance didn't really cover much, all they told me was that they were going to be able to replace my TV and 2 PCs only. I will have to re-buy the rest.

I really feel devastated right now. My girlfriend as we speak is already reordering everything from Amazon, but that's taking a big chunk out of my savings account.

But here's the thing, my iPhone has my account still active on it. The police have already started to track the thieves, and unless they have already broken the devices for parts, or sold them, which I'm sure they did, I will get them back.

Right now, I'm just really not happy. And I probably won't be happy until me new stuff arrives or I get my old stuff back. Just a warning or two, I may be grouchy for the next few days, but I will try and keep my cool and act as mature as possible. I just don't want to get mad because then I throw a fit, I say names, yadda yadda yadda, you get the idea.

Thanks for hearing me out. And thanks for supporting me in case you do.

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

Oh my gosh, that's horrible!
    I'm sorry for that, and hopefully the police does search for your loss items and put those idiots behind bars.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    Oh my gosh, that's horrible!
    I'm sorry for that, and hopefully the police does search for your loss items and put those idiots behind bars.
    Yeah, I still haven't heard from them yet. I'll try and sleep on it though. Thank you.

Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -

Dude that's pretty rough. Hope those guys get caught. Keepsakes can't be replaced

Also, 13 laptops in a year is a lot...one BSOD won't kill the laptop...
    Author of EraAWSD: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...l=1#post195094 (Updated 15-09-2015)

Just some music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h41Rrk_6rzs (Updated 02-20-2016)

Oh man I'm so sorry dude. Similar thing happened to me 6 days before Christmas. Last Christmas my house was robbed and took all my electronics and Christmas presents. I actually walked in on them stealing things and one of the pulled out a knife on me so I ran back out of the house. To be honest, all I cared about really was that no one was hurt and that my pets were fine. I lost my 2000 guitar during the break in, something I couldn't replace. I know how you feel when certain items have memories and it makes you feel like a part of you is missing. I hope they find who ever did this!! If you need anyone to talk to about this, I'm always available to talk.

That really really sucks.
    Hope you get your stuff back
    Welcome to the forums!

I ended up actually getting most of my stuff back. They caught the thieves red-handed, in a swapmeet, trying to sell my stuff. Most of my stuff was already bought, so the police couldn't do much about it. I was told that the thieves will be going to trial and could face 5-10 years in prison.

The only stuff I didn't get back was my iPhone 6 and my Apple Watch.

Everything else was there. I'm glad nothing that was from my relatives was sold, at least. I have already ordered the iPhone and Apple Watch again on Amazon.

Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -

Its good that you got your stuff back and your tv from your uncle and smart phone from your dad

- - - Updated - - -

But no joke ,you cant rum 6 browser at the same time man , theres not that much of browsers what pc wont "die" from that maybe you should bother getting a fresh new macbook

Banned Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    I ended up actually getting most of my stuff back. They caught the thieves red-handed, in a swapmeet, trying to sell my stuff. Most of my stuff was already bought, so the police couldn't do much about it. I was told that the thieves will be going to trial and could face 5-10 years in prison.

The only stuff I didn't get back was my iPhone 6 and my Apple Watch.

Everything else was there. I'm glad nothing that was from my relatives was sold, at least. I have already ordered the iPhone and Apple Watch again on Amazon.
    Wouldnt they have your info on your iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    I'm buying a new laptop.

Yeah, you heard me. I'm buying me 13th laptop this year.

Haha, in case you are wondering which one I am getting, here: http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/la...,&isredir=true

The main reason why I am buying my 13th laptop this year is mainly because most of my laptops have either broken, or gotten blue screen of death. I've been fixing them for a lot now, and instead of going through all that process, I just buy a new one. My last one got the blue screen when I was busy doing, what, 5 projects at once? 6 browsers open? 32 tabs open at once? Who knows. It must be one of those. I was really devastated.

Now this isn't just to brag about my new laptop. I'm here to talk about something else.

I was robbed last night.

While I was busy going on a date with my girlfriend, some idiots decided to break into my house, and steal everything. My laptops, my PCs, my dual monitors, my smart TV, my Google Glasses (both), my Apple Watch, my iPhone, my iPads, my old Kyocera phone (I am posting this from my Samsung Edge), everything I worked so hard for, lost. All in one day. Yes my alarm went off, but the authorities did not arrive in time. I sped back to my house, and ran inside, to see where everything once stood. I literally wanted to cry. I received my Kyocera phone from my father, so I never got rid of it, my Smart TV from my Uncle. Both those and many others gone. Memories along with them as well. My insurance didn't really cover much, all they told me was that they were going to be able to replace my TV and 2 PCs only. I will have to re-buy the rest.

I really feel devastated right now. My girlfriend as we speak is already reordering everything from Amazon, but that's taking a big chunk out of my savings account.

But here's the thing, my iPhone has my account still active on it. The police have already started to track the thieves, and unless they have already broken the devices for parts, or sold them, which I'm sure they did, I will get them back.

Right now, I'm just really not happy. And I probably won't be happy until me new stuff arrives or I get my old stuff back. Just a warning or two, I may be grouchy for the next few days, but I will try and keep my cool and act as mature as possible. I just don't want to get mad because then I throw a fit, I say names, yadda yadda yadda, you get the idea.

Thanks for hearing me out. And thanks for supporting me in case you do.
    So sad to hear that.
    Lel