Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cheating

Cheating

Earlier today, a student from my college was expelled for cheating on a small test that we had weeks to study on. The student refused to leave the classroom and school officers were forced to come in and retrieve the student and march him over to the office.

I was told later by the professor that the student "will not be coming back", which I knew meant that he was expelled. I am sharing this story for two reasons. To teach you not to cheat ever, EVER, in school grounds, whether it be on a small test, or the finals, and to let you know what the results of cheating will get you. Also, I need to practice a bit on my typing skills.

Cheating is not good, and has never been good. From athletic activities, to a small high school football game, from a big test, to a pop quiz, it has never been legal. Cheating will always be bad. Take iEra for example. We have had a few cases of people using cheats like speed boost, lag switching, and having unlimited health while PKing. Those people have never been favorites in the community. Although, cheating will not stop in the real world or in a virtual world, there are ways to prevent cheating from happening in your community and in your games.

The best thing you can do to a cheater is telling them to stop. Do not provoke them, do not agitate them, and most important of all, do not keep bothering them with the same thing. That way, you can tell people you at least did your part.

The second best thing you can do is sabotage them. I'm not saying that sabotaging is a good thing to do, but it is only good in some cases, like dealing with cheaters. Say someone is using a cheat sheet on a test. What can you do? Well, you can tell the teacher that they are cheating. This is not "snitching". This is making sure some idiot doesn't treat education like a joke.

Another example is when people cheat on games, like this one. What can you do? You can report them in game, or post it on the forums with video or picture proof, but video proof is best. Remember, it is not "snitching".

If we know what to do in these kinds of cases, we can make sure that cheating doesn't happen at least around us. I didn't just write this to make sure cheating doesn't happen around us, I also made this to make sure you don't get any awful ideas about trying to hack this game or cheating on a very important test. There are severe consequences for both paths.

I know this was a lot to read, but I appreciate you at least looking into this thread. The message I want you to get is to never cheat. It's a simple message anyone can get. Don't cheat. Don't end up getting expelled or banned for something you thought would benefit you. Don't take the easy path. Take the good path. Don't end up like the student I mentioned.

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

Agreed.

"Everyone's a Falcon"
    www.KrioleGFX.weebly.com
    In Game Name: ItsKriole
    Since 2012

True, Mikey 4 President

All his teachers K-12 should've warned him enough about no cheating... Sad..
    http://maidendarkness.deviantart.com/art/Gin-Ichimaru-Signature-283794110
    Kamishini no yari

make sure karma gets them cheaters right in the tooshie.
    Current IGN:Edith Bacardi
    Current Gang:Bacardi
    I'll be there for youuu~ When the rain starts to fall...

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Amen!
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

bump

Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -

Lord bless Mikey fo da truth@!
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    bump
    Cheating is very cold. When you are attempting to cheat on anything, the only person you are cheating is yourself. I'm glad he was caught. Not to sound cold though but certain people all around the world could only dream of an education, and treating it with such disrespect like the school owes you something. When it comes to education, The only person you owe anything to is yourself.
    Thoughts or Concerns?
    • Scripting
    • Testbed's
    • Applying
    • Suggestions
    • Constructive Criticism
    • Tips and Tricks

Anything else on Graal I can handle if you message
    me and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnightTactics View Post
    Cheating is very cold. When you are attempting to cheat on anything, the only person you are cheating is yourself. I'm glad he was caught. Not to sound cold though but certain people all around the world could only dream of an education, and treating it with such disrespect like the school owes you something. When it comes to education, The only person you owe anything to is yourself.
    Wise choice of words, my friend.

Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -