Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Motivaton/Life lessons

Motivaton/Life lessons

This thread I would like everyone to post bad things that happened to them, and how they got through it. If you want to teach everyone on the forums about something in life(life lesson) then please enlighten us. I will start with a story about myself how I completely destroyed my life and abolished my grades and became a 'cool kid'

This brings me to when I thought I was cool. I mean of course I'm cool but I mean I really just ended up becoming a loser the exact opposite I thought I was becoming.
    Lets take a travel to the past. A year ago maybe two to be exact. There was this girl I 'loved' and I would do anything for her. We were together all of the time and in the end being with her made me sick, sick of myself and my life style. She got me into drugs including shrooms, marijuana, and major alcohol. I'm talking about drinking 1000 mL in a day on weekends. Boy did I think I was having the 'time' of my life when in fact the 'time' of my life was much more specific. Exactly as it is, Time of my life, sucking it all up like a vaccumn that I just bought that would get the 'job' done faster, the job being my life. I stole her from this other guy a while back so he and I got into so many fights. I was harassed daily by his friends. I hung out with her constantly, went to her house a lot. She ruined me, she confused me, she was my muse, my rhythm and blues. I got hurt so much, one day I thought to myself that what if I was meant more than this? What if I was meant to go places and do things? What if I was meant to be something for someone? What if my failing grades reflected on my decisions. What if this girl is the devil in a very attractive costume. I tried to get away from her but I knew nothing else but to go smoke with them. It was hard to break out of this group but I learned something one day. You are your own person, you can choose to wither away or die, or you can change the world. I struggled and squirmed, ran away a few times, cut myself many. Thought I was the coolest person. This other girl, started showing me how to live. she showed me that I am fine just the way I am. She held my hand one day and looked me right in the eyes and said, " you are special, you are perfect and sublime, and if you feel that I am important, you will change, change for yourself and for 'us'. She slowly started getting me off the drugs and everyone always called me an idiot. This caused me to lose self esteem and to just cut and cry and do nothing. I finally moved to a new school as that girl I thought loved me, started dating my new girlfriend. Lost and confused, lost and confused, I lost my chance, laughing stock of the school I perished to a new school living with my mom. I have since recovered near completely, and I now get straight A's, have very productive fun friends. We play football and other things. Staying a way from girls now because I recently gained common sense. The morale of this story is not to show you guys how retarded I am but to show you that no matter how far you get beat down, when you hit rock bottom, there is always going to be a submarine. You just need to find it. "Failure is not falling, but failing to get back up"-Chinese Proverbs
    Thoughts or Concerns?
    • Scripting
    • Testbed's
    • Applying
    • Suggestions
    • Constructive Criticism
    • Tips and Tricks

Anything else on Graal I can handle if you message
    me and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnightTactics View Post
    This thread I would like everyone to post bad things that happened to them, and how they got through it. If you want to teach everyone on the forums about something in life(life lesson) then please enlighten us. I will start with a story about myself how I completely destroyed my life and abolished my grades and became a 'cool kid'

This brings me to when I thought I was cool. I mean of course I'm cool but I mean I really just ended up becoming a loser the exact opposite I thought I was becoming.
    Lets take a travel to the past. A year ago maybe two to be exact. There was this girl I 'loved' and I would do anything for her. We were together all of the time and in the end being with her made me sick, sick of myself and my life style. She got me into drugs including shrooms, marijuana, and major alcohol. I'm talking about drinking 1000 mL in a day on weekends. Boy did I think I was having the 'time' of my life when in fact the 'time' of my life was much more specific. Exactly as it is, Time of my life, sucking it all up like a vaccumn that I just bought that would get the 'job' done faster, the job being my life. I stole her from this other guy a while back so he and I got into so many fights. I was harassed daily by his friends. I hung out with her constantly, went to her house a lot. She ruined me, she confused me, she was my muse, my rhythm and blues. I got hurt so much, one day I thought to myself that what if I was meant more than this? What if I was meant to go places and do things? What if I was meant to be something for someone? What if my failing grades reflected on my decisions. What if this girl is the devil in a very attractive costume. I tried to get away from her but I knew nothing else but to go smoke with them. It was hard to break out of this group but I learned something one day. You are your own person, you can choose to wither away or die, or you can change the world. I struggled and squirmed, ran away a few times, cut myself many. Thought I was the coolest person. This other girl, started showing me how to live. she showed me that I am fine just the way I am. She held my hand one day and looked me right in the eyes and said, " you are special, you are perfect and sublime, and if you feel that I am important, you will change, change for yourself and for 'us'. She slowly started getting me off the drugs and everyone always called me an idiot. This caused me to lose self esteem and to just cut and cry and do nothing. I finally moved to a new school as that girl I thought loved me, started dating my new girlfriend. Lost and confused, lost and confused, I lost my chance, laughing stock of the school I perished to a new school living with my mom. I have since recovered near completely, and I now get straight A's, have very productive fun friends. We play football and other things. Staying a way from girls now because I recently gained common sense. The morale of this story is not to show you guys how retarded I am but to show you that no matter how far you get beat down, when you hit rock bottom, there is always going to be a submarine. You just need to find it. "Failure is not falling, but failing to get back up"-Chinese Proverbs
    If you find that submarine, what would you do? Open the hatch and drown everyone inside?

You and I have a very close past that are the same in most ways.
    IGN - Daniiel
    Contact on forums, email, or in game for assistance

It's great that you saw the light in the darkest of times.
    I've met people who are going through their darkest moments but they aren't really aware of it.
    I commend you for the willpower you had to fix everything that went wrong,connecting the dots as you went forward.
    I think what I got from your life's story so far was that no matter what you face,you keep moving forward,forgetting the past and focusing on the future and reaping the rewards from it.
    Also,I like the quotes you left at the end,it's relatably awe-inspiring haha.
    Mainly on Era-Go,so if you're wanting to talk to me about a subject,shoot me a message or you could even private message me in-game!
    Always have a fun time,even when you're not!

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    I've met people who are going through their darkest moments but they aren't really aware of it.
    I commend you for the willpower you had to fix everything that went wrong,connecting the dots as you went forward.
    I think what I got from your life's story so far was that no matter what you face,you keep moving forward,forgetting the past and focusing on the future and reaping the rewards from it.
    Thanks buddy, your the best C;

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daniiel View Post
    You and I have a very close past that are the same in most ways.
    You should tell me more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pie View Post
    If you find that submarine, what would you do? Open the hatch and drown everyone inside?
    Sorry you took that quote too seriously. If you want to think about it like that then there is a hatch you go in, water gets pumped out, then hatch to inside of sub.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    I also think you nailed my story.
    Thoughts or Concerns?
    • Scripting
    • Testbed's
    • Applying
    • Suggestions
    • Constructive Criticism
    • Tips and Tricks

Maybe another time, my past is a subject I don't tell anyone, only one person knows my true past. That's because she was included in it, she was in the middle of everything from my past.
    IGN - Daniiel
    Contact on forums, email, or in game for assistance

Let me tell you all about that education, and why it's important. Almost two years ago now I met my ex gf (notice the "ex") around christmas. We had a good run. First real girlfriend I've ever had . Lasted a year and a half. And we had a real good connection. Up until about this May that is. You see. She was much further ahead of me in her success than I was. 17 and already got her CNA before 18 graduating out of a technical college. Me, dropped out, got lazy. Tried online. Horribly failed. Never learned to drive and in fact I don't even have my license yet. Still looking for my first job and plenty other issues I can't even begin with. What I'm getting at is.. here was this beautiful woman, came into my life one day and for a year and a half more. How it ended you might ask? I wasn't successful. She told me. In believe me. Not the best of ways. She wanted a man who was already established. Graduated from high school, has his own car and job. We fought and fought for a month and then now. no contact with each other whatsoever. Let me go back to education now. It's not only important you GET IT DONE for what you want in life. I am a struggling 18 year old now . And lost what could have been the one for life simply because I didn't stay in school. By now. As I am moving out soon. We could be living together in our own little apartment. A thing we always had in our minds. But because of me slacking in my schooling. I've lost love, home, and even a little bit of hope. There are many consequences to not having your education done. I have personally seen just about all of them damn near being homeless. You don't want to be like me. look at what can happen when you don't get that schooling done. I happen to have a few pictures of me and my ex. You can see there was a real good lovey dovey bond. Now I am a happy single. But would you want to lose this? For what, playing a video game?..

There is more to lose than you think, stay in school. Don't be like me. a pro in Era but a noob at life. This isn't a sob story. Just a nice light smack up the head for those slacking in school. This woman came into my life one day wanting an established man, I didn't try one thing in schooling till I met her. And even then I was so behind I couldn't catch up enough to stay with her.. in other words. Moral of the story... is

Last edited by Grandpa; 09-26-2015 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Wow that was embarrassing
    They want to see you do good.
    But never better than them.

Remember that.

There is more consequences than a few for not paying attention in school. This for those of you who might not have thought this could happen. But nobody likes breaking up in the first place. Imagine how you stupid you would feel if the reason was because, you simply didn't care about school?

Remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    There is more consequences than a few for not paying attention in school. This for those of you who might not have thought this could happen. But nobody likes breaking up in the first place. Imagine how you stupid you would feel if the reason was because, you simply didn't care about school?
    This year is the first time I cared, and the first time I feel... Happy. Happy with my life, my friends, (eh family maybe) But no offense but if that girl left you because you weren't established is kind of messed up. She should have stayed with you and helped you get through it. No offense but your better off focusing on yourself and your own ambitions. Once you follow them find a girl that is in love with you and not your occupation. Just saying it isn't all you but you should have tried harder in school.
    Thoughts or Concerns?
    • Scripting
    • Testbed's
    • Applying
    • Suggestions
    • Constructive Criticism
    • Tips and Tricks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnightTactics View Post
    This year is the first time I cared, and the first time I feel... Happy. Happy with my life, my friends, (eh family maybe) But no offense but if that girl left you because you weren't established is kind of messed up. She should have stayed with you and helped you get through it. No offense but your better off focusing on yourself and your own ambitions. Once you follow them find a girl that is in love with you and not your occupation. Just saying it isn't all you but you should have tried harder in school.
    This is exactly why we fought, lol. But you know, can't beat an argument with a woman.

Remember that.