Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Graal Levels Guide by Judith.

Graal Levels Guide by Judith.

Hello,
    Some of you may know me so far, if not I am a LAT staff on iEra.
    As I've seen on some thread people are trying to get advice on how to start leveling and how to do it and what are the helpful tips to become a good levels artist.
    I am not saying that I am the best in level making there are better people around the world who may know stuff that I never heard of.
    So, this guide will be divided to Steps, let's start:

1-Getting GraalEditor (The program used on PC for leveling) :
     Spoiler
    The first thing you need to do is to download Graal for PC. To do that follow these steps:
    a)Go to http://www.graalonline.com/downloads/ and choose your PC type and start the download.
    b) Once the download is finished, go to your downloads folder and select "GraalSetup" and install it carefully.
    c) Once everything is downloaded open Graal from the location you installed it in the first place and you can make an account if you want to but it isn't necessary for getting GraalEditor.
    d) When logged on, on the bottom left, you will see a small blue toolbar, press "Start" and then "Install Packages" , then look for Levels Editor and install it from there.
    e)When it gets installed, it should appear in your Graal folder.

Voila that's how you get the GraalEditor!

2-Changing the tileset to be able to level with iEra tileset:
     Spoiler
    a)After running GraalEditor, at the right side of the screen, you will see 4 options, click the 3rd one "Baddies, NPCs, Chests."
    b)After clicking it, some images will appear below the options, click at the one next to the noob character, it looks like an outline of a player.
    c) Drag that into the level and remove everything written in it and enter the following code:
    PHP Code:
    if (created) {
    removetiledefs 
    addtiledef (tilesetname).png,,;

When trying to level for iEra use the following code:
    PHP Code:
    if (created) {

removetiledefs ;

addtiledef tileset_era01-summer-online.png,,;

Don't forget to click the upper "Browse" button and browse the tileset you wanna use, and make sure it's in the same folder as the GraalEditor.
    d) Getting the tileset: There are a lot of tilesets around graal, the ones you already have will be found in your graal folder: Graal->levels->tiles
    If you don't have the iEra tileset simply log on to era pc and use the tileset that will get downloaded to your tiles folder, it's the same as iEra's.

3-Starting a Level:
     Spoiler
    a)After you are all set up, simply try to take a piece of the tileset and drag it to the place you want in order to create a level.
    I will explain what each tile can be used for:
    These tiles can be used for making wall borders for inside levels:
    These tiles can be used for making inside walls:
    These tiles can be used for making outside walls:
    These tiles can be used for making outside roofs:
    These tiles can be used for making floors/carpets :
    And the rests for the tiles are clear and can be understood by anyone.

b)Adding NPCs: NPCs are very important in a level, they can be used for decorations and everything. You can get basic NPCs from going to Era PC and the files will be downloaded automatically to your graal folder, go to Levels->Images->Downloads(or Era) folder.
    Once you saw the images, you can simply add them by dragging that outline character we used to add the tileset in the previous steps, and just simply click browse and use the pic you wanted to use to decorate your level.

That's all I have for now, sorry I couldn't give more tips and advice because I had problems adding images but maybe in the next 1-2 days i can actually record myself doing some random levels and maybe it can clear up some things for you guys!
    Hope you liked that guide, and sorry again but it will get updated soon don't worry.
    Don't forget if you need help with any kind you can always PM me on forums or in-game!
    Also please try to keep the thread away from spam so players who are reading this can notice the updates.
    Last edited by Power5327; 03-02-2016 at 02:46 PM.

Thank you for sharing this with us!
    History:
    GraalOnline Norwegian Translator (Beginning of 2014)
    Global Forum Moderator (12.02.2014 - 05.10.2015)
    iEra Newspaper Team (11.11.2014 - 01.12.2015)
    GraalOnline Ol' West Deputy (15.04.2015 - 20.07.2015)
    Communication Support Team (20.07.2015 - 05.10.2015)
    Gang Admin (05.10.2015 - 24.07.2016)
    LAT Team (24.07.2016 - 04.12.2016)
    Developer (04.12.2016 - 03.01.2017)
    Gani Artist (17.06.2017 - 06.08.2017)

Yay I wanna learn Levels

I download by the link, sadly my PC is Linux Ubuntu, when I download it, it was downloading successfully, after that something opened, and it keeps calling me to download random thing T.T

Quote Originally Posted by Light View Post
    Thank you for sharing this with us!
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Yay I wanna learn Levels

I download by the link, sadly my PC is Linux Ubuntu, when I download it, it was downloading successfully, after that something opened, and it keeps calling me to download random thing T.T
    What random thing are you talking about?

Nice guide, hopefully this helps newcomers to leveling!

Awesome guide. I can tell you put a lot of time into it!

It took me time to remember all these and write it down again, I've always wanted to do a guide.
    Gladly some people like it so far, it isn't done yet, like i mentioned I will be recording myself making one inside and outside level to visually apply what I just wrote!

Awesome guide!
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

idk what this is
    Can you do an actual tutorial or technique how to level next? I like your guides.