Thread: I'm wondering..

I'm wondering..

If it's possible to script a 4x bigger tileset? that will work with the online tile editor.

it won't be aproblem if we have to script the online editor to make it works.

but is it possible?

It's possible. A bit laggy, but possible.

You need a custom movement system though, and the levels will not be able to run correctly on the offline editor.
    Almost everything is possible on Graal.

Let me explain how it can work:

Method 1: (recommended - harder to code than Method 2) (requires custom movement system)
    Regular tileset loads in level, then you tiledef2 onPlayerEnters the extended part of it whilst updating this part of the level which contains the tileset image at the abnormal offset.

Method 2: (not recommended - easy to code) (does not require a custom movement system)
    Extend each tile to an image and set them on the level individually as NPCs.

Method 2 is the easiest but it can cause huge issues on clientside especially that not all devices can handle 4096 NPCs in a certain level excluding the regular NPCs that go with the level. But you do not need a custom movement system as you can link each tile (aka NPC in this case) to a class which can give itself the specific function that it is such as a chair, water, ground etc...
    Last edited by John; 10-13-2015 at 11:53 AM.
    -Johnaudi

Yes, but be aware that this will cause extreme lag. Just think. It takes time for the tileset to load as you can see in iEra. If you multiply the size that it displays in the Development server then it will take that much longer. I would recommend using NPC's as the tiles as John is saying.

If you need any more help regarding this interesting idea then let me know.
    Good luck on Graal Contempo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamo Stokes View Post
    Yes, but be aware that this will cause extreme lag. Just think. It takes time for the tileset to load as you can see in iEra. If you multiply the size that it displays in the Development server then it will take that much longer. I would recommend using NPC's as the tiles as John is saying.

If you need any more help regarding this interesting idea then let me know.
    Good luck on Graal Contempo.
    Actually it will take less time to load on a development server, since iEra is overloaded with several scripts that plays on the clientside. And I did not recommend Method 2.

But I appreciate the feedback :P
    -Johnaudi

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Actually it will take less time to load on a development server, since iEra is overloaded with several scripts that plays on the clientside. And I did not recommend Method 2.

But I appreciate the feedback

Sorry I had misunderstood what you were saying. I was not aware that iEra ran off of several client side scripts. Those are there to check player data so it can check to see if ganis/image files were edited or messed with correct? I am aware that method 2 would create a lot of issues but was not saying you had recommended it yourself. I notice that katsu has no experience with Gs2 so I was trying to recommend the easiest option for him.

Well. I need a online tile editor that have to works too jaja and my goal is no lag . So if it would really make an apocalypse of lag .. I'm not down for the idea but we plan on making contempo a big server we plan big but on a long period.

We actually have money to realize alot of things.