Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Paladins

I find Paladins to be a lot more entertaining than Overwatch, since for one, it doesnt have a cringy fanbase, and the other being that it's recieved a lot more updates and attention from its developers, whereas Overwatch has only recieved around 12 major updates that weren't cosmetics.

Paladins should recieve a lot more recognition, but it will always be criticized for being an Overwatch clone, even though the beta of Paladins came out before Overwatch was even revealed.

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

There's some about Paladins that makes it feel familiar...
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Development Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    I find Paladins to be a lot more entertaining than Overwatch, since for one, it doesnt have a cringy fanbase, and the other being that it's recieved a lot more updates and attention from its developers, whereas Overwatch has only recieved around 12 major updates that weren't cosmetics.

Paladins should recieve a lot more recognition, but it will always be criticized for being an Overwatch clone, even though the beta of Paladins came out before Overwatch was even revealed.
    -Cough- tbh I had seen OW stuff in development before it was even talked about and I didn't really even know what those characters were from. I think I just stumbled across a Blizzard member's tumblr page but hey, suit yourself. I think Imma give Paladins a go today, 'cuz I been hearing a lotta good stuff about it other than it being a 'clone.'

I find it kind of sad that people think Paladins is a ripoff of Overwatch, I mean I haven't played it myself yet, but it's almost the same thing with LoL VS Dota 2. Like there's tons of MOBA based games, and of course there's just those blatant ripoffs of the games we know and play. Whereas these games, OW, Paladins, Dota, and League, are all fully developed games, and are still building up to this day. You get what I mean?
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    -Cough- tbh I had seen OW stuff in development before it was even talked about and I didn't really even know what those characters were from. I think I just stumbled across a Blizzard member's tumblr page but hey, suit yourself. I think Imma give Paladins a go today, 'cuz I been hearing a lotta good stuff about it other than it being a 'clone.'

I find it kind of sad that people think Paladins is a ripoff of Overwatch, I mean I haven't played it myself yet, but it's almost the same thing with LoL VS Dota 2. Like there's tons of MOBA based games, and of course there's just those blatant ripoffs of the games we know and play. Whereas these games, OW, Paladins, Dota, and League, are all fully developed games, and are still building up to this day. You get what I mean?
    People criticize it because its a class-based game, with similar abilities, and similar character design.

Developers cant just make a character in a day, it takes months to design, create, and come up with abilities for said character. People think Overwatch is the original game, because hey, its Blizzard.

I guess OW owns the class based genre now. Lets get rid of TF2, Rainbow 6 Siege, and any other games that let you choose a class.

Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -

Development Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    People criticize it because its a class-based game, with similar abilities, and similar character design.

Developers cant just make a character in a day, it takes months to design, create, and come up with abilities for said character. People think Overwatch is the original game, because hey, its Blizzard.

I guess OW owns the class based genre now. Lets get rid of TF2, Rainbow 6 Siege, and any other games that let you choose a class.
    That's not what I was saying. :c

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    That's not what I was saying. :c
    I know

Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -

I play both, and I can say for certain that there has been some, "taking" of ideas going on. No way do they coincidentally both have a character with the same kind of body build, that have pretty much the same gun (an assult rifle) and have the same ability to sprint, which no other character has. Victor and Soldier76.

The shields in both games look exactly the same. Reinhardt and Fernando both have the same shield, have a short ranged weapon and the same abilities (a kind of charge, and firing a kind of fireball)

Pharah and Drogoz! Both have a fireball cannon weapon. Both can fly.

Makoa and roadhog. Both have similar body builds, and both have a chain which pulls opponents closer.

Hanzo and sha lin. Both look very similar and both use a bow and arrow, which works in an identical way.

Evie and mei both have an ability to turn into a block of ice.

Wayyy too many similarities for it to be a coincidence, and there are many more similarities I haven't mentioned, as I could go on for a while. I haven't looked into detail as to when each game was created/who was developing the game first, so I cant decide for myself who has copied who. Heck, if you go into small details, you could even say they both copied TF2 with Kinessa and Widowmaker both having the same sniper mechanics as a sniper on TF2, and both Barik and Torbjörn having the same way of making a turret as an enginner does.

Isn't Paladin the thing from Star Wars: The Clone Wars?

Development Team
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Isn't Paladin the thing from Star Wars: The Clone Wars?
    Do you mean padawan lolol

Padawan:
    It means she is not yet a Jedi." ―Darth Baras[src] A Padawan, Padawan learner, Jedi Apprentice in Basic, or Jedi in Training, referred to a Force-sensitive adolescent who had begun one-on-one instruction with a Jedi Knight or Master outside the Jedi academy.

pal·a·din
    ˈpalədn/Submit
    nounhistorical
    any of the twelve peers of Charlemagne's court, of whom the count palatine was the chief.
    a knight renowned for heroism and chivalry.

Spoiler

Cool. Is this game available on the Play Store?