Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Staff Customs

Staff Customs

Is it ok to have players with staff customs without impersonating the actual staff? for example, Jeff has Layerds customs but he was not impersonating him.

- - - Updated - - -

Just realized wrong section much..... pls move it
    Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX
    2 warnings and 1 infrac, you don't learn, do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by *Z.D The Great
    ^ ? I only learn from the Best.
    Quote Originally Posted by hohi416
    You made the greatest mistake of your life lol

would you rather watch boku no pico series or live in attack on titan

watch some sht u said because ik attack on titans.. horrifying
    Quote Originally Posted by *Z.D The Great
    No, the greatest mistake was reading your msg.

Personally, It doesn't feel right having a custom that someone has. But I would assume so. since quite a majority of staff past and present upload their customs from a public site.

Banned
    I think it still falls under staff impersonation even if you do not intend to act like one but players might think you're a staff regardless of what you may or may not intend to do.

I agree also to XSTARX, why copy someone's originality who have been greatly known to iEra with his appearance. Even though they quit long time ago, their customs shouldn't be copied because the custom will be a great evidence that they have been in era.
    Need Help? or Questions?
    Just Ask me and I will give the answer right away
    Want to skype with me? wolverine_graal
    ~Gani Artist

But players are going to have solid evidence to distinguish between real and impersonation. No-one's that naive, well, I hope not anyways.
    IGN: bizrr (Milk)

Banned
    I didn't have to, but I paid Elk for my custom head.
    He did a phenomenal job, the graphics are great and exactly how I wanted them be.

I wouldn't want anyone else to wear my own head.
    (Means: I don't agree with someone wearing a head they don't own / iFiling)

But on topic; wearing a head a staff member is wearing too, can easily lead to confusion.
    Which is why I'd rather prevent players from being able to upload staff's heads.
    Last edited by Anero; 10-23-2015 at 06:42 PM.

Street Boss
    Nobody "owns" a head or body. If you uploaded to the game than that it belongs to the game, not the player.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Semaj View Post
    Nobody "owns" a head or body. If you uploaded to the game than that it belongs to the game, not the player.
    Those are the rules - but just because we can't prevent other players from uploading others' customs.

Curse
    Quote Originally Posted by Anero View Post
    Those are the rules, but just because we can't prevent other players from uploading others' customs.
    False. You can completely prevent players from uploading others' customs, it'd just require a bit of elbow grease and admittedly a little bit more than it might be worth for the magnitude of how serious the situation is.

By enforcing a system where identical uploads are detected and immediately flagged, you'll find a bit more success than just the basic "hey, i think i've seen this before!" motivation.
    The player who uploads the file is put under special watch to upload graphics where their graphics are required to be accepted by more than one PR. PRs who have seen the graphic before can decline it, and if it's not approved by 5 PRs, they're rejected. These variables of PR numbers and how serious the punishment is for repeat offenders, but you get the gist of things.

Alternatively, you could have a small popup GUI of every staff member's head so PRs could be well-versed in who uses what, and if the graphic is a direct edit or recolor of a staff head, it'd be rejected for imitation of staff heads. This would be updated on the regular with a database of heads with prefixes like era_personal_(staffaccountname) but it's just an idea.

It won't really look good if you do that. You can always request the people who made their head to make you one, though.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!