Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Staff Customs

Street Boss
    Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    False. You can completely prevent players from uploading others' customs, it'd just require a bit of elbow grease and admittedly a little bit more than it might be worth for the magnitude of how serious the situation is.

By enforcing a system where identical uploads are detected and immediately flagged, you'll find a bit more success than just the basic "hey, i think i've seen this before!" motivation.
    The player who uploads the file is put under special watch to upload graphics where their graphics are required to be accepted by more than one PR. PRs who have seen the graphic before can decline it, and if it's not approved by 5 PRs, they're rejected. These variables of PR numbers and how serious the punishment is for repeat offenders, but you get the gist of things.

Alternatively, you could have a small popup GUI of every staff member's head so PRs could be well-versed in who uses what, and if the graphic is a direct edit or recolor of a staff head, it'd be rejected for imitation of staff heads. This would be updated on the regular with a database of heads with prefixes like era_personal_(staffaccountname) but it's just an idea.

All that just so two people don't have the same head/body? I'll have to go with no. I understand that it's frustrating that somebody else has your costume but if you can't deal with that, just don't upload.

Quote Originally Posted by Semaj View Post
    All that just so two people don't have the same head/body? I'll have to go with no. I understand that it's frustrating that somebody else has your costume but if you can't deal with that, just don't upload.
    I second this, of course it sucks when your artwork gets stolen just because you uploaded it. I've seen so many of my friends who worked weeks or months on great Uploads just to see get them stolen afterwards, but that System would be way too much work just for a Kids game that lives off People spending hundreds of Dollars on customs. (Not only customs but you get the Point)

While being an admin, I must confess something; Admins are doing a great job with the rules.

when someone is using a head what an admin is using it still falls under impersination.

Graphic Artist | Photographer | I like playing with Polymer Clay | Pizza Eater | I want to bake a cake.

Staff Customs

Quote Originally Posted by ZepeuS View Post
    Is it ok to have players with staff customs without impersonating the actual staff? for example, Jeff has Layerds customs but he was not impersonating him.

- - - Updated - - -

Just realized wrong section much..... pls move it

Here are rules regarding staff heads
    Heres the thread http://www.era-go.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30849

Well when a staff gets to have their own head, why cant players? and I agree that it sucks to be ifiled because many people ifile my head that I worked on, Its unfair though.
    Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX
    2 warnings and 1 infrac, you don't learn, do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by *Z.D The Great
    ^ ? I only learn from the Best.
    Quote Originally Posted by hohi416
    You made the greatest mistake of your life lol

would you rather watch boku no pico series or live in attack on titan

watch some sht u said because ik attack on titans.. horrifying
    No, the greatest mistake was reading your msg.

Banned
    Well when a staff gets to have their own head, why cant players? and I agree that it sucks to be ifiled because many people ifile my head that I worked on, Its unfair though.
    We get our "own" heads, because this prevents players from being able to impersonate us.

Quote Originally Posted by Anero View Post
    We get our "own" heads, because this prevents players from being able to impersonate us.
    What if they dont? they could 'prevent' the players to think that they're admins from writing Im not Anero.

Curse
    What if they dont? they could 'prevent' the players to think that they're admins from writing Im not Anero.
    This doesn't make much sense. Staff have their own unique heads to become discernable from normal players and recognizable, they go out of their way to create an image for themselves that makes them recognizable at a glance as opposed to the gentrification of player head styles and consistency in recolors/edits that make everyone's heads look similar. You couldn't really do it irl, per se. . . Taking Anero's head but not being Anero is stupid, Anero is Anero and you shouldn't try to become Anero; similar to how Kanye West is the only man with Kanye West's face. He is non-imitable because Kanye West is Kanye West. You could get tons of plastic surgery and then become Kanye West, but you'd never. . . be Kanye West. And then you'd look really stupid, because you're not actually Kanye West. And then Kanye West would do his Kanye Best to put you to the Kanye Test when he takes you to court for impersonation and identity fraud.

Don't steal Kanye West's face. Be yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    This doesn't make much sense. Staff have their own unique heads to become discernable from normal players and recognizable, they go out of their way to create an image for themselves that makes them recognizable at a glance as opposed to the gentrification of player head styles and consistency in recolors/edits that make everyone's heads look similar. You couldn't really do it irl, per se. . . Taking Anero's head but not being Anero is stupid, Anero is Anero and you shouldn't try to become Anero; similar to how Kanye West is the only man with Kanye West's face. He is non-imitable because Kanye West is Kanye West. You could get tons of plastic surgery and then become Kanye West, but you'd never. . . be Kanye West. And then you'd look really stupid, because you're not actually Kanye West. And then Kanye West would do his Kanye Best to put you to the Kanye Test when he takes you to court for impersonation and identity fraud.

Don't steal Kanye West's face. Be yourself.
    What you are not understanding here is that its a game that we are talking about, I believe you are underestimating people by thinking that they will be so stupid to not know some1 has some2's head and they're different.

- - - Updated - - -

My point of this thread is to see if it is allowed for players, I didnt say I was gonna use Anero's head.

Curse
    What you are not understanding here is that its a game that we are talking about, I believe you are underestimating people by thinking that they will be so stupid to not know some1 has some2's head and they're different.

- - - Updated - - -

My point of this thread is to see if it is allowed for players, I didnt say I was gonna use Anero's head.
    If your point of thread creation was simply to see if it was allowed for players, there's a simple answer; it isn't. And this is due to the fact that previously, they'd have allowed you to and certain circumstances have led them to nullify such a judgment and replace it with a more reasonable rule. This rule, of course, being the one attached above by user "Quantum Fang". Now, your point initially may have been to see if it was allowed but when you were given a straight answer, you continued a debate about it. I'm simply following and countering arguments in said debate in support of Anero and his judgment/references. That's all, man. No need to get hostile.

When you speak on a group of people as a whole, you must assume their intelligence to reach both spectrums of caveman-level and genius, and accommodate both parties accordingly. This accommodation stoops to the caveman level because certain people in this range of players have breached the ethics of the rules formerly in place, and ruined it for you guys. One bad apple spoils the bunch.