Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Staff Customs

Banned Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Anero View Post
    We get our "own" heads, because this prevents players from being able to impersonate us.
    Then why does robg get a personal head only he can give people or let them use it
    #Favortism
    Dont tell me he "helped" the game
    Because im sure his hats saved the day many times

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    If your point of thread creation was simply to see if it was allowed for players, there's a simple answer; it isn't. And this is due to the fact that previously, they'd have allowed you to and certain circumstances have led them to nullify such a judgment and replace it with a more reasonable rule. This rule, of course, being the one attached above by user "Quantum Fang". Now, your point initially may have been to see if it was allowed but when you were given a straight answer, you continued a debate about it. I'm simply following and countering arguments in said debate in support of Anero and his judgment/references. That's all, man. No need to get hostile.

When you speak on a group of people as a whole, you must assume their intelligence to reach both spectrums of caveman-level and genius, and accommodate both parties accordingly. This accommodation stoops to the caveman level because certain people in this range of players have breached the ethics of the rules formerly in place, and ruined it for you guys. One bad apple spoils the bunch.
    I continue to debate about it because I have rights to, I don't understand why you spend hours using thesaurus to use all these 'fancy' words when you could simply communicate. I see what you're saying, but I dont agree with it because its just foul that Admins get 'protected' customs when players dont.
    Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX
    2 warnings and 1 infrac, you don't learn, do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by *Z.D The Great
    ^ ? I only learn from the Best.
    Quote Originally Posted by hohi416
    You made the greatest mistake of your life lol

would you rather watch boku no pico series or live in attack on titan

watch some sht u said because ik attack on titans.. horrifying
    No, the greatest mistake was reading your msg.

Banned Sottocapo
    Don't steal Kanye West's face.
    - Curse 2015

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Fang View Post

Here are rules regarding staff heads
    Heres the thread http://www.era-go.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30849
    I suggest you read the thread pointed out.
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Curse
    Quote Originally Posted by Froz View Post
    Then why does robg get a personal head only he can give people or let them use it
    Because this is how licensing works. The movie Transformers (2008) doesn't own the song "New Divide" by Linkin Park and yet they can use it. . . why? Because Transformers (2008) and the studio producing Transformers (2008) has written consent expressed by the owner of the song to use it under a certain license; one to reference and use it in the movie as an OST/soundtrack attribute. RobG is allowing certain people to license his head under his written consent, presumably because he trusts them to not impersonate him. I don't know RobG personally, I can't attest to his judgments.

Quote Originally Posted by ZepeuS View Post
    I continue to debate about it because I have rights to, I don't understand why you spend hours using thesaurus to use all these 'fancy' words when you could simply communicate. I see what you're saying, but I dont agree with it because its just foul that Admins get 'protected' customs when players dont.
    It took me 3 minutes to compose that reply, my man. I read a Thesaurus once in like the second grade for a phonics assignment; I can assure you that my vocabulary and these "fancy" words are simply because I've got a strong command of the Modern English Language and linguistics/communication in general gained by experience around knowledgeable people and scholars in such fields. It's not foul that admins get what they get; they're volunteers who spend hours every day contributing to the experience you treasure so much. It's only right that their privilege extends into aesthetics, and even then, it's illegal to recolor people's heads after they've been originally uploaded. This is only never counteracted because of the exponential rate of people uploading the same recolors and the problem tracing the original copy back down to see if the owner... well, cares enough to have all of them removed. The common messy-black-hair sparring head with a frowning face and specially slanted eyes has over 1,000 edits all reproduced and no one is prosecuted for the same reason not everyone gets arrested for illegally downloading music; it's simply too hard to trace everyone down and even harder to prosecute them all for theft when they're probably ignorant to the rule in the first place. Does it mean they're right? No. Does the magnitude of resembling an employee of the game outweigh impersonating a civilian player? Yes.

Banned Sottocapo
    Because this is how licensing works. The movie Transformers (2008) doesn't own the song "New Divide" by Linkin Park and yet they can use it. . . why? Because Transformers (2008) and the studio producing Transformers (2008) has written consent expressed by the owner of the song to use it under a certain license; one to reference and use it in the movie as an OST/soundtrack attribute. RobG is allowing certain people to license his head under his written consent, presumably because he trusts them to not impersonate him. I don't know RobG personally, I can't attest to his judgments.
    Explain why some people make personal heads for themselves like Kuujoe
    But people ifile his custom?

It took me 3 minutes to compose that reply, my man. I read a Thesaurus once in like the second grade for a phonics assignment; I can assure you that my vocabulary and these "fancy" words are simply because I've got a strong command of the Modern English Language and linguistics/communication in general gained by experience around knowledgeable people and scholars in such fields. It's not foul that admins get what they get; they're volunteers who spend hours every day contributing to the experience you treasure so much. It's only right that their privilege extends into aesthetics, and even then, it's illegal to recolor people's heads after they've been originally uploaded. This is only never counteracted because of the exponential rate of people uploading the same recolors and the problem tracing the original copy back down to see if the owner... well, cares enough to have all of them removed. The common messy-black-hair sparring head with a frowning face and specially slanted eyes has over 1,000 edits all reproduced and no one is prosecuted for the same reason not everyone gets arrested for illegally downloading music; it's simply too hard to trace everyone down and even harder to prosecute them all for theft when they're probably ignorant to the rule in the first place. Does it mean they're right? No. Does the magnitude of resembling an employee of the game outweigh impersonating a civilian player? Yes.
    Is it ok to have some favored players like robg and admins to have 'secured' head and Players dont? No
    If you want to refer this topic to reality so much, so be it. Lets say Era is like a country where all these politicians(Admins) get what they want and citizens(Players) dont which is pure unfairness. Ever heard of french revolution?

Curse
    Explain why some people make personal heads for themselves like Kuujoe
    But people ifile his custom?
    Because Kuujoe doesn't care enough to ask the staff team to flag people who reproduce it, and the staff team lacks the resource and utility to snag every piece of stolen goods. I'm sure Kuujoe could file a complaint or a ticket with the management team and get the heads removed if he did it timely and compiled a list of people who are stealing his heads, but I don't think he cares enough. There's a reason terrorists get into certain foreign countries; and that's for the same reason Ash Ketchum has an unreasonable dream. You can't catch 'em all.

Banned Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by ZepeuS View Post
    Is it ok to have some favored players like robg and admins to have 'secured' head and Players dont? No
    If you want to refer this topic to reality so much, so be it. Lets say Era is like a country where all these politicians(Admins) get what they want and citizens(Players) dont which is pure unfairness. Ever heard of french revolution?
    Snk is a dictator 2015 confirmed

- - - Updated - - -

Because Kuujoe doesn't care enough to ask the staff team to flag people who reproduce it, and the staff team lacks the resource and utility to snag every piece of stolen goods. I'm sure Kuujoe could file a complaint or a ticket with the management team and get the heads removed if he did it timely and compiled a list of people who are stealing his heads, but I don't think he cares enough. There's a reason terrorists get into certain foreign countries; and that's for the same reason Ash Ketchum has an unreasonable dream. You can't catch 'em all.
    Its not that its because The staff team only do this for admins or favored players
    #Favortism

So be it, are you going to protest and be having speeches about impersonating and crap when every player had customs that admins had?

- - - Updated - - -

Snk is a dictator 2015 confirmed

- - - Updated - - -

Its not that its because The staff team only do this for admins or favored players
    #Favortism
    Froz speaks the truth, it looks like Curse is trying to be favored like Robg to me