Thread: Can someone explain 'fire rate' to me?

Can someone explain 'fire rate' to me?

According to Wikipedia, fire rate is the frequency the gun shoots, means the number of bullets it shoots in a certain period (second, minute). So the higher the fire rate is, the faster the gun shoots.
    But in Era it seems to be different. For example the BAR has the fire rate of 0.24, the DSR-50-sniper's is 0.35. Sniper is supposed to be slower than rifle right? But the sniper's is higher, means it shoots faster.
    Also BAR's is 0.24, means it shoots 1 bullet every 1/0.24=4.16 seconds. Abviously false.
    So can someone explain how 'fire rate' works in Era?

Curse
    0.24 isn't 4.16 seconds. It isn't 1/0.24, it's 1 * 0.24.
    0.24 is 24% of a second, so 24/100ths of a second. Reduced, coming out to 6/25ths of a second.
    The ROF of a gun is the time in between shots. a gun with 0.25 rof shoots 4 bullets a second because 0.25 * 4 = 1.00 seconds.

Does that make sense? Your maths are off, that's all.

Pls, the whole world use the definition of the number of bullets shot in a second/minute, not the time between. And about math? <time between 2 adjacent actions>=1/<frequency>.

- - - Updated - - -

And in Era it means the time between 2 bullets? ok, thats all I need

dont get mixed up between Era and Reality.
    IGN: bizrr (Milk)

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    a gun with 0.25 rof shoots 4 bullets a second because 0.25 * 4 = 1.00 seconds.

Does that make sense? Your maths are off, that's all.
    arent we doing secondes? so 1sec =0.60 so 2 bullits in 1 sec and by sniper fire should be 0.35 *2 =1.10 secondes