Thread: Scamming

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar

Wink Scamming

Okay Okay Okay.....
    When you first saw the title, you were probably thinking close thread.
    I'm not good at explaining things, however I'll do my best.

What is Scamming?
    A scam can be defined as a dishonest scheme or fraud.

Scamming has been a growing problem in Graal era and it was first considered illegal, however due to the numerous reports admins were getting on being scammed; It was eventually made legal.

What am i trying to advocate?
    Here's a fairly short story of an event that took place today that shall help me get my point across:

Today as I was trying to see if anyone would be selling a stun gun for a reasonable price, I saw a player announcing that he would Mod shells for people. At this point i knew it was a scam, however as it is now legalised, reporting him would be rendered useless. Out of interest i just stood there and watched.
    Suddenly a player came and he added 9 Trochus to the trade table but the "Modder", replied saying "Limit is 1k Trochus"
    . I felt like just smashing my head into a wall as ignorant player added 1k trochus to the table. I asked him if he pays any attention to the server messages he received of People claiming to duplicate items, however he told me that he was quitting era as he was too poor and he might as well take the risk.
    The "Modder" added an egg and spammed some text to make it look like his hacking.
    15 seconds later,The supposed prey of the mischievous modder grabs the table and adds 3k Trochus.
    I was astonished at the result, however i knew that he was probably working with the scammer, so i would not give in. However 3 More random players came and did the same thing and all their shells were doubled.
    I still wouldn't give in. Next, A player with around 1 Hour of playing time came to see what was going on. The "Scammer" traded him an egg and the new player added 15K shells to the table.

Could this player really have been a scammer? I here people say that Duplicating cannot happen on Graal era, but are we wrong?

Claiming to be a hacker/Modder/Duplicator should be seen as an offence and should be dealt with. Their are many people ignoring the server messages and falling for these plots, and scamming would decrease if such people were removed, so i suggest their should be a report button designated for impersonation of Hacking the game.

I would attach screen shots of the events that took place, however i can not seem to upload them.

Leave your thoughts below. Thank you
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

idk what this is
    Instant report.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa Illusions View Post
    Instant report.
    What do you mean by "Instant Report"?
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    I'm pretty sure it is seen as an offence.

Scamming isn't the staff's fault. It is the player's fault for being duped into thinking that "modding" would actually exist. There is a fine line between scamming and modding.

Nevertheless, when you see suspicious "hacking" going on, all you have to do is report them, and you've done your part. Let the staff take care of it. I don't really believe in this, seeing that PRs like Rina just sit back and do nothing. I do my part by calling them out. I do report them, but nothing is done.

Best thing you can do is just report them.

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkins View Post
    I'm pretty sure it is seen as an offence.
    No, because Scamming is seen as legal and the "Scammer" can claim he was intending to scam not claim to be a hacker,although he may or may not have been one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    Scamming isn't the staff's fault. It is the player's fault for being duped into thinking that "modding" would actually exist. There is a fine line between scamming and modding.

Nevertheless, when you see suspicious "hacking" going on, all you have to do is report them, and you've done your part. Let the staff take care of it. I don't really believe in this, seeing that PRs like Rina just sit back and do nothing. I do my part by calling them out. I do report them, but nothing is done.

Best thing you can do is just report them.
    I do report them, however nothing is done. I bet the burger on my players head that he will be their tomorrow. "Claiming to hack double shells".
    -

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    It says in the GraalOnline Era rules thread that you're prohibited from attempting or offering to duplicate items.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkins View Post
    It says in the GraalOnline Era rules thread that you're prohibited from attempting or offering to duplicate items.
    Link??
    -

Found it

In addition to the above, you are prohibited from:

1. Asking other players for accounts or any personal information (emails, passwords, or other personal/identifying details).
    2. Advertising websites or services which offers "free gralats", "free items", "free iTunes" or other GraalOnline Era related scams.
    3. Attempting or offering to duplicate items.
    4. Trading, giving away, selling, or sharing your GraalOnline Era account under any circumstances for any reason.
    5. Trading in-game items from GraalOnline Era for items in other MMO games (cross-server trading).
    -