Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Buff Bolt Gun

Quote Originally Posted by olive6661 View Post
    This is how it always happens. Someone breaks the silence and says that something is bad (which it is), and then Bitz comes and denies it. Then nothing happens. That's how it always plays out.
    We already have enough overpowered guns. I'd rather not keep buffing even more guns to potentially create another OP weapon. I also actually want to create more stat consistency where people don't have to keep questioning any gun changes.
    That's why I did a large amount of nerfing/buffing a few months ago, and haven't touched much since to try create less confusion on whether the guns stats are the 'same as they were a week ago'.

I may make an adjustment if I can see some validity to the thread (for the most part all i've seen is "bar does 10damage and ghost m4 does 9 so buff ghost m4").

Whilst yes as a standalone weapon the bolt blaster may seem underpowered, once again that is because of its ability (don't know how many have actually found this but it distance can be so high you can hit people in the flag room of GZ whilst you are in the left room). Yes it is random whether it has high or low spread, which is why it has a decent firerate so you can just keep shooting until you start hitting them. It's more likely to go far than it is to do the small spread.
    It is also intended as a support weapon like the grenade launcher which also isn't going to receive a buff.

If you are going into a base by yourself with a bolt blaster then yes you may find it hard to do much. Go in with a gang though and it makes it significantly easier to take the base. All you would need to do is spam your bolt blaster over the walls hitting the enemies, whilst your gang rushes in and attacks -(with the defending team already at less health or in the middle of healing because of your shots).

Another thing you guys are forgetting is the bolt blasters bullet velocity. Significantly faster than any other guns bullet speed, and can catch people off guard/ hit them when they don't expect it.
    TLDR
    very good gun when used as a secondary
    Last edited by BiTzSam; 11-01-2015 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Rodgers View Post
    Casshern actually has a point. It's ability to shoot over every wall doesn't matter all too much when it's extremely underpowered. It really needs a damage buff and is not currently worth the 60 EC it costs, even if it does shoot over every wall.
    Just like grenade launcher

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bram View Post
    The person is able to damage people from a large distance.if it was powerfull it would be hella annoying for the enemy to chase him.
    No... have you even seen it? It looks large but no its not

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    We already have enough overpowered guns. I'd rather not keep buffing even more guns to potentially create another OP weapon. I also actually want to create more stat consistency where people don't have to keep questioning any gun changes.
    That's why I did a large amount of nerfing/buffing a few months ago, and haven't touched much since to try create less confusion on whether the guns stats are the 'same as they were a week ago'.

I may make an adjustment if I can see some validity to the thread (for the most part all i've seen is "bar does 10damage and ghost m4 does 9 so buff ghost m4").

Whilst yes as a standalone weapon the bolt blaster may seem underpowered, once again that is because of its ability (don't know how many have actually found this but it distance can be so high you can hit people in the flag room of GZ whilst you are in the left room). Yes it is random whether it has high or low spread, which is why it has a decent firerate so you can just keep shooting until you start hitting them. It's more likely to go far than it is to do the small spread.
    It is also intended as a support weapon like the grenade launcher which also isn't going to receive a buff.

If you are going into a base by yourself with a bolt blaster then yes you may find it hard to do much. Go in with a gang though and it makes it significantly easier to take the base. All you would need to do is spam your bolt blaster over the walls hitting the enemies, whilst your gang rushes in and attacks -(with the defending team already at less health or in the middle of healing because of your shots).
    Grenade launcher is also crap with its dmg and recoil, snowball launcher? thing is even better than grenade garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX
    2 warnings and 1 infrac, you don't learn, do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by *Z.D The Great
    ^ ? I only learn from the Best.
    Quote Originally Posted by hohi416
    You made the greatest mistake of your life lol

would you rather watch boku no pico series or live in attack on titan

watch some sht u said because ik attack on titans.. horrifying
    Quote Originally Posted by *Z.D The Great
    No, the greatest mistake was reading your msg.

Another thing you guys are forgetting is the bolt blasters bullet velocity. Significantly faster than any other guns bullet speed, and can catch people off guard/ hit them when they don't expect it.
    TLDR
    You are ignoring the fact that the chances for the bullet to fire far is very slim. And even when it is able to go far, it would most likely miss or be dodged. Not only that, say if it were to hit, the damage would only be 4, which isn't any significant especially when you won't be able to hit many targets far away.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said already before, the bolt gets blocked by npcs and stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

The grenade launcher is a better support weapon than the bolt. I'm not asking for a bit improvement, just a slight buff. Either have the slight buff have it be able to fire through all objects, or increase probability of far bullets.
    Last edited by Casshern Sins; 11-01-2015 at 05:22 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bram View Post
    Why? It's the only gun that is able to shoot over any wall whatsoever
    You just need to use it right.
    The bolt blaster cant go over many walls. Its restricted in neo base. Most of the time there are layers in walls and objects that often block the bolt blaster.

- - - Updated - - -

The bolt blaster's range is a big problem. Despite its spread, often times i will hit people and it doesent do anything. Theres always objects in the way that prevent the bolt blaster from going over many many walls especially in bases.

With all the disadvantages against the bolt, atleast give it a slight buff. Such as making it able to fire through all objects/npc/items.

With the update in bases with the adding of more objects on walls, tables, and etc.. that can block the bolts bullets and the increase of spatial room in bases, the bolt blaster need to get updated. I suggest make the bullets be able to go through the objects that block it.

Banned Capo
    Ya I agree I love elk and the gun should be buffed

TLDR
    You do realize that in basing, one can easily avoid getting hit by the bolt right? The bolt isn't even worth as a support weapon. Bolt is trash and a waste of 60 ec. It can't even do what it's suppose to do if objects and layers in the walls block it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the majority of the distance that the bullet would go is around the same distance as the grenade and Pedro bombs. Grenades and petro bombs would do more damage and won't be blocked by objects and npcs. Why would grenade and petro bombs be more useful and better than a 60 ec weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by Casshern Sins View Post
    You do realize that in basing, one can easily avoid getting hit by the bolt right? The bolt isn't even worth as a support weapon. Bolt is trash and a waste of 60 ec. It can't even do what it's suppose to do if objects and layers in the walls block it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the majority of the distance that the bullet would go is around the same distance as the grenade and Pedro bombs. Grenades and petro bombs would do more damage and won't be blocked by objects and npcs. Why would grenade and petro bombs be more useful and better than a 60 ec weapon?
    That's not true at all, you're either highly understating the gun to try get people who haven't got it to agree with you or you don't even have the gun. The bolt blaster can have incredibly high range, not even compareable to the grenade launcher.
    It's not going to be updated for the same reasons I stated originally. If anything it's even better now compared to other guns as its stats weren't touched during the gun rebalances.

Grenades, petrol bombs and any other of those weapons can be dodged easily as there is a delay with them hitting you, bolt blaster is almost instant as the bullets travel faster than any other projectile in the game.

It's a gun that can deal damage to people through multiple walls where the user can be in a position where it isn't possible for the person they are attacking to even shoot them back. I don't know why it has to be explained why even a small buff would make this weapon incredibly overpowered and make it the new 'basing meta' gun like the gas gun/ chem gun were

The bolt blaster can have incredibly high range, not even compareable to the grenade launcher.
    If anything it's even better now compared to other guns as its stats weren't touched during the gun rebalances.
    You fail to see that when it does have high range the bullet has a high probability to miss, get dodged, or be blocked. please tell me who's using it in basing or anywhere else for that matter? Because I don't see anyone trying to use it. That's gotta be saying something.

- - - Updated - - -

Grenades, petrol bombs and any other of those weapons can be dodged easily as there is a delay with them hitting you, bolt blaster is almost instant as the bullets travel faster than any other projectile in the game.
    I can tell you don't base. Easily dodged? tell me how can you dodge bombs being thrown in corridors or near the doors or anywhere where the enemy needs to go? You would also have to deal with the flame effect left behind that can kill people in less than 3 sec. Bolts bullet velocity doesn't matter if the enemy can kill you with Petro bombs. Really, try it at bases like bbz, mafia, bh, gz, lethal, etc. try see who wins first.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a gun that can deal damage to people through multiple walls where the user can be in a position where it isn't possible for the person they are attacking to even shoot them back. I don't know why it has to be explained why even a small buff would make this weapon incredibly overpowered and make it the new 'basing meta' gun like the gas gun/ chem gun were
    try walk into all the bases and notice how most walls are covered objects that will block it's bullets. Also try notice that a lot of the updated bases have tables and objects added that blocks it's bullet. Would a small buff make it incredible op? I'd doubt it, seeing how there's so many things going against it.

You keep talking about the positive technical aspect of it but have you even tried using it in a practical application where you are basing with people attacking/defending against another gang? In practical application the bolt blaster falls short in many places as I have and many others stated previously.

- - - Updated - - -

All I'm asking is to update bolt blaster to be able to shoot through the objects in bases that block it.
    Last edited by Casshern Sins; 07-21-2017 at 04:22 AM.