Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to Make Era Better

How to Make Era Better

Hey guys, I am back! Though I still don't like the game much, but I miss the community too much, so I returned!

@Chickenpotpie The body will be done around November, sorry busy schedule.

This game has potential due to how unique it is when compared to other games. No wonder it is so popular. However, it has gone downhill. If we can make the game better, the game will be more attractive to new players. I have decided on what changes I would like to see, but feel free to contribute. This is just a discussion thread.

Gun Changes

With enough skill, all guns are equal in how good they are. However, that is not always the case. I feel like the Starter Handgun and the Handgun deserves a small change, as they are not very popular. If they have no freeze while firing, then they can be used as mobile but weak guns. The Starter Shotgun, I feel, should have its bullets deal 2 damage instead of 1, as it's stats make it bad for close range combat if the damage per bullet is 1. These suggested changes I am not actually expected to be taken seriously, but I just want to get it out there.

The Economy
    People have been complaining about Era's economy. I know that reducing the prices would make the economy collapse and people would riot, but why not try improving in game jobs? The prices stay the same, more houses get decorated, and people who have payed for the BAR won't riot since they used it early. I am not against selling gralats, but I am against taking the fun out of earning money and making guns really expensive. A debate about the economy is needed.

The Toxic Community

Astros and the other less visited parts of Era are known for people being extremely toxic and racist. I am not exactly sure what we can do about this, but giving staff more power or hiring more to relieve pressure is one of my ideas. I will let you guys think about it, cause I don't know what to do about this issue.

The Lag
    If the server will never be upgraded, then it will forever be known as the only the game that lag is everywhere. I understand when countryside is released the lag may lessen, but who knows when it will come back? If lag is low, then we wouldn't have people complaining about bullet eating and PKing would be more fun. If people won't camp in protected areas and spam bullets, then more skilled PKers would rise and reduce the lag since the amount of bullets sent out by the campers is absurd. If only protected areas won't protect recent PKers so that they won't run and heal and spam would reduce the lag a lot. I remember the PK and Protected area change was suggested by another guy, but I can't find the thread.

Please discuss how we can make Era a better game. This game has potential, but it has been abused.

Edit: I have decided to leave the Flamethrower and the Minigun out of this debate.

Edit: I am not saying the staff should stay in one place. I am saying they could be given more power or hire more staff members to relieve the pressure. That is what I meant.
    Last edited by TheDarkAssassin; 10-28-2015 at 06:37 PM.
    When will I ever see Python be used as a popular programming language?
    I would never know.

I feel like the servers will be updated sooner or later but I agree with everything else.
    Always here to help! My in game name is heavycleansoul. You can always pm me there or message me on these here forums. twenty øne pilots

I agree and disagree with what you're saying. However, most of the changes you're proposing and problems you're pointing out could really only be fixed if they completely wiped the server and everyone's accounts. We all know that won't happen because of the HUGE riots that would go down.

Era doesn't even have a working economy anymore.

Anyways, neat ideas but they're unrealistic for Era in my opinion.
    Message me if you ever need advice, I'm not the wisest person on the planet but I'll do my best to help you out.

You can find me in-game under the name "Tim Z." or by searching up "Zephlyn" in the gangs section.

Disagree with Gun Changes *aside from the pistol and shotgun) they've always been like this and changing them now will just cause a riot. Minigun was already nerfed enough no need to do any more damage to it..

Agree with the Economy Idea.

Kinda agree about the Toxic community. I still believe their should be Pr's monitoring some of the high activity places in kind of like a rotation especially at Astros.

Undecided about the lag

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
    -Jimmy Dean

Quote Originally Posted by John J View Post
    Disagree with Gun Changes *aside from the pistol and shotgun) they've always been like this and changing them now will just cause a riot. Minigun was already nerfed enough no need to do any more damage to it..
    I've been thinking about them too, but now I decided I should leave the Flamethrower and the Minigun out of the thread then.
    I would never know.

If you really want to help that badly with the toxic community, it's not hard to just report the players. We see reports. It's our job to look at them, and do what we need to do to help. If you take the simple seconds of reporting someone you see using vulgar words, harassing others, or even messaging you, you could make a difference. Someone had made an in-game gang, just about reporting and helping players. (His name is Splosh, he really helps us at astro.) Maybe you can make the difference. It's not just us, we can't have staff stationed every place we want because it's our job to go to reports and handle them, if we stay in one area at a time, less work will be done.
    Player Relations
    IGN- Bri
    If you need anything feel free to pm me on the forums or in-game =)

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Rodgers View Post
    I agree and disagree with what you're saying. However, most of the changes you're proposing and problems you're pointing out could really only be fixed if they completely wiped the server and everyone's accounts. We all know that won't happen because of the HUGE riots that would go down.

Era doesn't even have a working economy anymore.

Anyways, neat ideas but they're unrealistic for Era in my opinion.
    Why would the server and accounts need to be wiped? I know Era doesn't have an actual economy, but we can still try to improve it. What realistic ideas do you have for Era then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bell View Post
    If you really want to help that badly with the toxic community, it's not hard to just report the players. We see reports. It's our job to look at them, and do what we need to do to help. If you take the simple seconds of reporting someone you see using vulgar words, harassing others, or even messaging you, you could make a difference. Someone had made an in-game gang, just about reporting and helping players. (His name is Splosh, he really helps us at astro.) Maybe you can make the difference. It's not just us, we can't have staff stationed every place we want because it's our job to go to reports and handle them, if we stay in one area at a time, less work will be done.
    Oh, there is actually a gang that helps the staff? Why not find more helpers for this gang? I will apply to help in Splosh.
    I would never know.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkAssassin View Post
    Why would the server and accounts need to be wiped? I know Era doesn't have an actual economy, but we can still try to improve it. What realistic ideas do you have for Era then?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, there is actually a gang that helps the staff? Why not find more helpers for this gang? I will apply to help in Splosh.
    The person who runs the gang is Splosh, it is a player made gang. The gang helps us by reporting others, as well as answering questions that players usually ask us. It would be good if there were more gangs like this, if there were the era community would vastly improve.
    Player Relations
    IGN- Bri
    If you need anything feel free to pm me on the forums or in-game =)

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    I would love to report players if this 2-3 Minute Delay was lessened to 1 Minute.
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Quote Originally Posted by Bulltzone View Post
    I would love to report players if this 2-3 Minute Delay was lessened to 1 Minute.
    That is actually related to lag. It is there to prevent report spamming, due to the number of players on at a time that can report, so it is a lag-reduction thing.
    I would never know.