Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to Make Era Better

Zephlyn
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkAssassin View Post
    Hey guys, I am back! Though I still don't like the game much, but I miss the community too much, so I returned!

@Chickenpotpie The body will be done around November, sorry busy schedule.

This game has potential due to how unique it is when compared to other games. No wonder it is so popular. However, it has gone downhill. If we can make the game better, the game will be more attractive to new players. I have decided on what changes I would like to see, but feel free to contribute. This is just a discussion thread.

Gun Changes

With enough skill, all guns are equal in how good they are. However, that is not always the case. I feel like the Starter Handgun and the Handgun deserves a small change, as they are not very popular. If they have no freeze while firing, then they can be used as mobile but weak guns. The Starter Shotgun, I feel, should have its bullets deal 2 damage instead of 1, as it's stats make it bad for close range combat if the damage per bullet is 1. These suggested changes I am not actually expected to be taken seriously, but I just want to get it out there.

The Economy
    People have been complaining about Era's economy. I know that reducing the prices would make the economy collapse and people would riot, but why not try improving in game jobs? The prices stay the same, more houses get decorated, and people who have payed for the BAR won't riot since they used it early. I am not against selling gralats, but I am against taking the fun out of earning money and making guns really expensive. A debate about the economy is needed.

The Toxic Community

Astros and the other less visited parts of Era are known for people being extremely toxic and racist. I am not exactly sure what we can do about this, but giving staff more power or hiring more to relieve pressure is one of my ideas. I will let you guys think about it, cause I don't know what to do about this issue.

The Lag
    If the server will never be upgraded, then it will forever be known as the only the game that lag is everywhere. I understand when countryside is released the lag may lessen, but who knows when it will come back? If lag is low, then we wouldn't have people complaining about bullet eating and PKing would be more fun. If people won't camp in protected areas and spam bullets, then more skilled PKers would rise and reduce the lag since the amount of bullets sent out by the campers is absurd. If only protected areas won't protect recent PKers so that they won't run and heal and spam would reduce the lag a lot. I remember the PK and Protected area change was suggested by another guy, but I can't find the thread.

Please discuss how we can make Era a better game. This game has potential, but it has been abused.

Edit: I have decided to leave the Flamethrower and the Minigun out of this debate.

Edit: I am not saying the staff should stay in one place. I am saying they could be given more power or hire more staff members to relieve the pressure. That is what I meant.
    I agree with you when you talked about buffing jobs, it is very difficult to enjoy this game while everytime on spar you're being beaten by someone that got a GM4, and it's almost impossible to beat them, since the guns are unbalanced and for getting it you need to waste iTunes on it.

I don't waste iTunes, and as far as I know, I won't waste iTunes on any online game, but I would like that this game would give a chance to people that doesn't waste money, I understand that you don't want people to earn a BAR on a matter of hours, but atleast make it so the players have more opportunities and they could have chances even if they don't waste real money on this game.

The biggest reason I see that it's why staff don't implement this, it's because they will receive less money from players, that's sort of bad for the game, since the money can be inverted on the application, or for other causes. Anyways, this is a huge reason of why this doesn't get implemented.

But, I truly think that if this game buff the jobs, it will stop getting the bad reputation it got (with this I mean, the reputation of people saying it's Pay2Win) and will convince more players to join the game, which this means, maybe more players wanting to waste their money on graalats packs, and also the player count will increase, the bad thing of this is the lag increase, which on this case your idea of upgrading the server should take place.

Now going to the other idea you said, about the community, I don't think that any admin/staff can't fix this ;(

As long as you try, the community will stay like that, unfortunately. Even if you jail players, the newcomers will start to learn of this community and try to "join" the "toxic side" of iEra.

Anyways, I expect a community like that, since we are a 12+ game, involving a lot of gun fights, and a lot of competition (I never said that competition is bad, at all.)

The lag is a big factor for me, the server needs an upgrade. The sooner the better I say!
    IGN: bizrr (Milk)

They should also work on some more advertisements to gain some more players bad supporters.
    However at this point, getting more players will only cause more lag so there should be an upgrade on that.
    More players also means more money, which can be used to do the last finishing touches for the upgrading part.

Ex Player Relations, Ex Newspaper Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ItzTerry!
    In Terry we Trust

Quote Originally Posted by D12* View Post
    I agree with you when you talked about buffing jobs, it is very difficult to enjoy this game while everytime on spar you're being beaten by someone that got a GM4, and it's almost impossible to beat them, since the guns are unbalanced and for getting it you need to waste iTunes on it.

I don't waste iTunes, and as far as I know, I won't waste iTunes on any online game, but I would like that this game would give a chance to people that doesn't waste money, I understand that you don't want people to earn a BAR on a matter of hours, but atleast make it so the players have more opportunities and they could have chances even if they don't waste real money on this game.

The biggest reason I see that it's why staff don't implement this, it's because they will receive less money from players, that's sort of bad for the game, since the money can be inverted on the application, or for other causes. Anyways, this is a huge reason of why this doesn't get implemented.

But, I truly think that if this game buff the jobs, it will stop getting the bad reputation it got (with this I mean, the reputation of people saying it's Pay2Win) and will convince more players to join the game, which this means, maybe more players wanting to waste their money on graalats packs, and also the player count will increase, the bad thing of this is the lag increase, which on this case your idea of upgrading the server should take place.

Now going to the other idea you said, about the community, I don't think that any admin/staff can't fix this ;(

As long as you try, the community will stay like that, unfortunately. Even if you jail players, the newcomers will start to learn of this community and try to "join" the "toxic side" of iEra.

Anyways, I expect a community like that, since we are a 12+ game, involving a lot of gun fights, and a lot of competition (I never said that competition is bad, at all.)
    If the game gets a good reputation, then more players would likely join, as the others stated. If a server upgrade ever happens, then more players are able to have a better time, allowing even more popularity to be added to the game. More popularity means more money and fame for the staff, but it all starts with a server upgrade, the most important change, IMO.
    When will I ever see Python be used as a popular programming language?
    I would never know.

Bumping this topic.
    I would never know.

Not all Bar user using iTunes to get it

Quote Originally Posted by RieZ View Post
    Not all Bar user using iTunes to get it
    About 5%
    iEra GFX Team
    Will be working.
    Pixel art stream!

When we purchase packs, does the money go towards toonslab or Apple?
    IGN: bizrr (Milk)

Zephlyn
    Quote Originally Posted by b418smitten View Post
    When we purchase packs, does the money go towards toonslab or Apple?
    Toonslab, I believe that Apple just changed the prices because of the australian currency.

Is anyone going to talk about the changes?
    I would never know.