Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any spar tips?

Unhappy Any spar tips?

Ok,so I suck BAAAD at spar,but I want to get good enough to stop censoring my status...any tips?

image.jpg

Try practice spar first, this "practice spar" doesn't affect your stats.

Can be found at spar complex.
    Last edited by 1Freddy1; 10-31-2015 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Doesn't know how to spell

just practice, practice, and practice. Sparring takes time to perfect. A long time, so be patient with it and you will get there
    :}
    Need help? Pm me here on the forums or in-game.

Some real tips:

1) You will see many players rush towards the bottom of the spar and try to maintain under you, this is for the fact bullets have a higher chance of hitting when aiming towards what we call. Feet. So whenever you find yourself sparring always try to have the upper hand by being under the opponent. More bullets will hit them. And less will hit you. (Not accounting spread of course)

2) Most guns are held on the same side of the body. Typically the left side. Put this info to good use and realize the right side usually has slight upper hand when sparring with a gun on your left arm. This does not always apply as well for again, spread. Take note when people are above or below you, you are going to want them on the right side of you if you are above. And the left side if you are below. I know this may sound a bit confusing. But whichever side the gun is on. Have that side closer to the opponent when shooting towards them.

3) You will also find many players trying to box you in while shooting to trap you in a corner. You can get out of this by watching for their pattern. When they shoot 1 direction. Starting heading for your exit as they shoot the other way. Their 3rd shot will usually miss. I can try and interpret this with arrows.... >^> so what I am trying to show here is. The 1st arrow thing. (Greater than) represents 1 shot from the opponent. The next, is when they shoot up... this is the point when you want to run TOWARDS where their last shot was. And very quickly escape. Depending on their freeze it may not be quick enough to catch you. And you can go back to getting the upperhand.

4) laggers, everyone loves to call you one. And we all lag from a time to 2. Or a few thousand.. Who cares!. The way to solve this problem particularly in a spar is to use a melee item on the person lagging. Simple as that

5) as said. PRACTICE!. I can't tell you all the tricks of the trade. That's just too much to type. However using the tips I have given thus far i advise you just put it to good use. I also advise you just go to the real spar rooms. Upstairs in the spar complex. When you get better you can always reset spar stats for a price. Most people in the practice room will be learning just like you are. The more accustomed you get to real spar zones. The better you will naturally become. And that concludes everything I can put into this thread. I will give a list of a few of my favorite sparring guns to help you get started. Do not expect a pbp to win a spar.

sten -60k
    tec9 -40k
    five seven -15k (does go dual. But it's better to spar with just one)
    m4 -55k
    Steampunk pistol -6k
    Kmp9 (single) -22k
    Of course gm4 -187k
    F2000 TAC- 2.5k

And last but not least of my favorites..

The Handgun.

250$.

Yes even the handgun is a worthy spar weapon. And with enough skill you'll be able to prove it. I find sparring very addicting. And helpful for pk as most players who don't spar. won't know these tips.

Hope this helps. Took me a while to type. If there is anything else someone would like to correct feel free to do so. This is how I spar and it is pretty effective when I follow it. Glad I could help!
    They want to see you do good.
    But never better than them.

Remember that.

A mistake that I myself and other sparrers make quite often is dodging too often. You should only try to dodge and shoot when you need to or feel safe doing so, it should be your main goal to stay away from the bullets and keep yourself safe.
    Message me if you ever need advice, I'm not the wisest person on the planet but I'll do my best to help you out.

You can find me in-game under the name "Tim Z." or by searching up "Zephlyn" in the gangs section.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Rodgers View Post
    A mistake that I myself and other sparrers make quite often is dodging too often. You should only try to dodge and shoot when you need to or feel safe doing so, it should be your main goal to stay away from the bullets and keep yourself safe.
    I just want to add. Watch your own character. Not where your bullets are going. That's what I do. Timing your shots effectively is what sparring is all about. (Not to you timothy just extra details)

Remember that.

You don't have to be ashamed that you're not good at sparring.
    Everone starts somewhere.
    Questions? Don't be afraid to message me.

Buy bar
    Just being me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bram View Post
    Buy bar
    Message me if you ever need advice, I'm not the wisest person on the planet but I'll do my best to help you out.

You can find me in-game under the name "Tim Z." or by searching up "Zephlyn" in the gangs section.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Rodgers View Post
    Perfect! 😂😂😂😂

Remember that.