Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Request for PK Arena: Disable Entering House/Gang House

Request for PK Arena: Disable Entering House/Gang House

One of my very few favorite places to PK at now has been the PK Arena. Ever since the small update a while ago that disabled healing while inside the PK Arena, it has become a more competitive location for free-for-all PKing. However, a little gripe I have with the PK Arena now is that a lot of players have figured out how to avoid this restriction by simply entering their houses to heal up, and then reenter the arena again. To me, this completely defeats the purpose of the earlier update of disabled healing, breaks the competitiveness the arena offered, and it's not true "PKing" when players just keep healing themselves. It's really no better than being outside and streaking/PKing, the PK Arena should be unique for PK.

Disabling the ability to enter houses/gang houses while inside the arena forces all players to tough it out until the end as soon as they walk through the doors. If someone wishes to PK and keep healing, then the over-world is better suited for that. They can also say "unstick me" after standing still for a few seconds (which is difficult if they are being attacked) or simply suicide by destroying the soda machines (which is another small gripe I have, but it's more tolerable. Maybe remove one of the soda machines?)

I'm aware this is such a trivial issue as I know hardly anyone ever uses the arena, but surprisingly it does see some action everyday. I like it because despite the current issue of healers, it's a massive PK room without the chaotic bullet-storms of the outside, there's nothing to gain (excluding kills) or lose in the arena, just good old-fashioned PK fun. The "fun" however gets interrupted due to this problem though, which is why I ask for disabled entering houses/gang houses inside the PK Arena.

I hope this request can be considered. Thank you.

Cant see a reason to not do this.
    Message me if you ever need advice, I'm not the wisest person on the planet but I'll do my best to help you out.

You can find me in-game under the name "Tim Z." or by searching up "Zephlyn" in the gangs section.

This is a huge flaw within the game.
    The PK Arena was created to be some type of Last Man standing, not a room for PK campers going back and fourth to their house.
    2012-2015
    "The Pessimist complains about the wind;
    The Optimist expects it to change;
    The Realist Adjusts the sails."
    William A. Ward
    New to Era Go? Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Elfren Eve View Post
    This is a huge flaw within the game.
    The PK Arena was created to be some type of Last Man standing, not a room for PK campers going back and fourth to their house.
    This gave me another small request for improvement: Disabling gang tags (or at least allow friendly-fire) to ease up a bit on teaming. While this is generally not an issue in the arena as it's usually quiet, this will make all bullets hostile for everybody. In my opinion, this would add more to the fun of always staying alert of your surroundings even if someone does decide to "team" with another player. Just a thought.

No clue how difficult these requests are to be implemented, but being mindful of development staff, if the disablement of entering houses/gang houses can be put into effect easily, then that itself would be an awesome improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    This gave me another small request for improvement: Disabling gang tags (or at least allow friendly-fire) to ease up a bit on teaming. While this is generally not an issue in the arena as it's usually quiet, this will make all bullets hostile for everybody. In my opinion, this would add more to the fun of always staying alert of your surroundings even if someone does decide to "team" with another player. Just a thought.

No clue how difficult these requests are to be implemented, but being mindful of development staff, if the disablement of entering houses/gang houses can be put into effect easily, then that itself would be an awesome improvement.
    Then only this addition would really make the PK Arena, a true Last Man Standing.
    2012-2015
    "The Pessimist complains about the wind;
    The Optimist expects it to change;
    The Realist Adjusts the sails."
    William A. Ward
    New to Era Go? Click Here

Ren's ideas pass my test. Now for Star's test.

This is a pretty simple change.
    I don't see any way why staff members won't do this.
    Ren's right, this is just a place for campers.

Ex Player Relations, Ex Newspaper Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ItzTerry!
    In Terry we Trust

You know what? Bump, bump, this idea was never acknowledged and, although I don't use the PK arena too often, it's a simple a easy request that can fulfill the true purpose of the PK arena.
    Message me if you ever need advice, I'm not the wisest person on the planet but I'll do my best to help you out.

You can find me in-game under the name "Tim Z." or by searching up "Zephlyn" in the gangs section.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Rodgers View Post
    You know what? Bump, bump, this idea was never acknowledged and, although I don't use the PK arena too often, it's a simple a easy request that can fulfill the true purpose of the PK arena.
    Bravo.

Ex Player Relations, Ex Newspaper Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ItzTerry!
    In Terry we Trust

Both
    You know what will be good. They change the pk arena too look better